Hi Folks :)

Hi there :)

Was tipped off about this site from a Florida/Disney forum and so glad I was.

Im 38, male and 295lbs. Up until a couple of months ago I was a semi serious power lifter (in that I used to compete and was toying with competing again) and had become obsessed with bench pressing 200kg raw (not using any assistance equipment), unfortunately in in my quest to get the last 30kg i ate pretty much everything that stayed still long enough for me to pounce on and went from a stocky 18 stone to a very squishy 21 1/2 stone in the last 2 years.

Im getting married next year and with no excuses now that im not lifting anymore i really want to shift the weight. From my bodybuilding and powerlifting days and had the preconception that diets were nonsense and what i had learnt nutrion wise backed that up, but hearing about Dukan and reading about it caught my attention.

I like that it controls carbs and fats but brings them back in slowly and does focus on keeping the weight off, not just crashing it off.

Ive got my shopping list ready to go for tomorrow (£135 for a weeks shop up from our usual £80.. but with no take aways being bought its not much different) and plan to run 10 days on attack.

I have taken the next 10 days off work so i can be at home to cook, exercise and generally be in a better place if im struggling. Im lucky enough to live in a nice area with lots of places to walk and have some home gym equipment including a good bike, weights and some P90X type kit. :character00115:

Look forward to chatting and learning here.. will do a diary of my attack phase.

Sorry for rattling on.. :) :blahblah:

Last edited:
Welcome :) love your post, you sound extremely organised and in the right frame of mind which is a great first step.
Have you read the book? An essential to understand Dukan principles

Wishing you loads of luck, post often and definitely recommend posting your food diary to get tips etc

My hubbie is following plan with me and finds it very easy to stick to, likes not having to weigh and track everything :)

Lol forward to hearing how you get on x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Claire :) I have the book, read about half so far, i kind of skimmed to get what i needed to know to get started now im reading it through proper.

It makes so much sense and ties in with a lot of what i learned in my years of weight training rather than going against it as a lot of eating plans tend to.

I also gleamed enough to start plan, then as I started I re-read it and it all makes much more sense. Plus the amazing help from everyone here :)
Good luck x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Great first post, and welcome to the Forum,

I'd advise just a little caution on the old exercise front while you're in attack. Listen to your body as you'll no longer have carbs for fuel.

Good luck!

Good Luck!!!!!

I am on my first (would be 4 had I not CHEATED!!!) day of attack today.
I think as soon I get my head around the fact that protein is unlimted.. it's much easier :)

As for the exercise - I know how you feel! I usually do (Les Mills) classes at the gym and Zumba three times a week, so swapping this for a daily 20 min walk is making me crazy... haha house is very clean however :)

Good Luck with attack, you'll do great - can't wait to see how you get on :) x

I was also a Dibber! Just for a few months last year before we went to Florida.
Was a very helpful place and I joined in a Photopass group which was fantastic as we got loads of pics from that at a fraction of the cost.
Shame I didn't find Dukan before I went last year. :eek:

I second what maintainer said - go easy on the runs whilst on attack - I am a runner but simply could not manage it during the first week :(
Good luck and keep us posted on your success ;)

Back