Hi Folks

clover

I am new to the forum and just started the Cambridge diet yesterday. I used this diet in the 1980's and had great success with it and it seems to be much improved since then.
Anyway I'm pleased to meet you all and i just wanted to say a quick HELLO!! before i have to get ready for work.
I hope to speak to some of you soon.
Take Care

Last edited:
Hi Clover and welcome. I started on Wednesday so today is day 3 for me and I must say i am feeling much better today. No headaches.
You have come to the right place for support and a general moan lol. There are some great people on here who are an inspiration to us all with their weightlosses.
Good luck hun in your first week xxx

Hey Clover..
Good luck on your cd journey.... this forum is a great place for support and it has definatley helped me get through my journey..
If you have any questions just shout there are always people around to help...
Keep yourself busy and drink lots of water and you will be well on the way to being slim.
Good luck x

Hiya Clover i start on Tuesday so good luck with ya weight loss journey to both of us and let just do it!!!!
Take care
Sharon xxx

Good luck with CD this time round. it really is a fab diet. It will get easier through the weeks.

hello clover. this really is a great place for support. keep us updated! x x

Hi clover and welcome to minimins.

You'll probably find this site a good source of support as many of us do on here. Good luck getting through the first few days as they can be tough. xx

Hi there folks

Thanks for the replies and the encouragement. I'm just on day 4 now but things seem to be working out. I find it a bit difficult as i work night shift and do a 4 on, 4 off rota which is a bit weird to plan meal times. Do most of you weigh yourselves every day, or do you do this weekly?
I noticed that you all seem to be doing really well on the diet and that is really encouraging. Best of luck to all.

Take Care

Hi Clover, good luck with your weightloss. With regards to the weighing - i cant help but to weigh every morning!! But i weigh with my cdc weekly. x

Hiya hunny sorry i haven't been around been so busy with college exam and kids off school hope ya doing ok, i started on Tuesday so to be honest this is proly to best day to come back FEEL GREAT!!!! been bit of a wotsit till now bit grumpy LOL
take care speak really soon
luv sharon xxxxx

Hi there folks

Thanks for the replies and the encouragement. I'm just on day 4 now but things seem to be working out. I find it a bit difficult as i work night shift and do a 4 on, 4 off rota which is a bit weird to plan meal times. Do most of you weigh yourselves every day, or do you do this weekly?
I noticed that you all seem to be doing really well on the diet and that is really encouraging. Best of luck to all.

Take Care

Also hunny wanted to say i don't weigh everyday (Hubby stole my scales - prolly good idea really) and i do night shifts just off sick at the moment coz of my gallbladder operation, so i hear ya, keep up the great work chick!!!! xxxxx

Hi again !!

Also hunny wanted to say i don't weigh everyday (Hubby stole my scales - prolly good idea really) and i do night shifts just off sick at the moment coz of my gallbladder operation, so i hear ya, keep up the great work chick!!!! xxxxx

I hope you are feeling better hun. I have decided not to weigh myself daily. I know the diet is working so am not gonna stress (life's too short!). I have my first weigh in tomorrow so i will record that. Not sure how to get the ticker thing up and running. I did try it but nothing happened. Hey Ho:)

Hi Clover...best wishes for the week ahead.

Amazed !!!

Well first I want to say Thanks to all of you for the encouragement, what a great group of people:)

Anyway down to business;) I had my W.I. today and have lost 1 stone and 1/2 lb (still in old money i'm afraid kgs too much of a challenge):p.

I was amazed and really happy. I also got the porridge and the bars to try as well as the flavour mix for the water and am looking forward to trying these.

Thats all for now guys Please keep up the great work all of you. Take Care

wow that's an amazing loss well done. I'm starting CD next friday so its great to see such a huge loss. Bet you feel totally amazing, the hard work had paid off.

Last edited:
Back