Hi guys, I'm moving over from CD

Big H

Silver Member
Hi guys,

I'm joining you over here as I have finally got my head straight and realized that I need to find a 'diet' that is sustainable for life and not just as a weight loss tool. I am always stuck with the quick fix mentality and find it very hard to accept that it is going to take a long time to get where I want to be. I think I have finally accepted it, so the new plan is Calorie counting + Food diary + Gym + Beck Solution

Wish me luck :D

H

Good luck!!! Let us know how you get on and if you need anything just hollar. x

Hello Big H i member you from the CD forum.. you will crack CCing soon and you are using these 3 great TOOLS too.

good luck.. x

Hiya - yep, remember you too - hope you are doing well x

Sounds like you're heading into this is a good mindset. I think the decision to change my lifestyle permanently is the one thing that really keeps me going. I feel so much healthier than I have for years.

Good luck with it. Sounds very positive to me :)

Sounds like you're heading into this is a good mindset. I think the decision to change my lifestyle permanently is the one thing that really keeps me going. I feel so much healthier than I have for years.

Good luck with it. Sounds very positive to me :)

Thanks hun x

Hiya Big H!
I am in the same boat as you ! Been doing CD and lost a good amount and am still using up the packs I have left. But have also knocked myself out of ketosis (on purpose) so I can go to the gym. It's been about 2 weeks now and have lost 2 lbs on my own - which I am pleased with as I expected a HUGE gain after bringing carbs back in- keep me updated with how you get on :)

Hiya - wel I started last Thursday and I weighed myself this morning and have lost 4 pounds, so that's a good start. More importantly I am actually in control of my eating. Whenever I have sabataging thoughts I remind myself that there is no miracle diet, no miracle Doctor, no miracle book, I just have to do this sensibly and slowly and forever. It's working so far :) Hope you are doing well

P.S I am finding the Beck book a really helpful tool

Well done - what a great attitude you have. It's taken me years to realise that there is no *quick fix*. We didn't gain this weight overnight, we can't expect to lose it quickly either!

Well done - what a great attitude you have. It's taken me years to realise that there is no *quick fix*. We didn't gain this weight overnight, we can't expect to lose it quickly either!

Yep, it's taken me years too. The problem is that when you are on CD or any other diet that is working for you, you don't want to hear any negatives and you even get very defensive! I will never knock CD, because I initially lost over 7 stone and even now (although still very overweight) I am over 4 stone down on my pre CD weight. however its limited as a solution imo. Yes, it gives you strength, control, belief, not to mention massive weight loss, but it doesn't teach you to have those things whilst still eating. It is an abstinence diet and very few people (even if people don't want to believe this) have or ever will carry that control from abstinence through to when they are eating again. Maybe in the short term they will, but not long term. I've done CD 13 times, so I am a good test case. The simple fact is, that nobody is going to help us, except ourselves. Like I said before there is no diet, book or person that is going to come along and offer a quick fix. We need to accept that we need to make a permanent change and start eating now, how we are going to eat forever. Weight loss will be slow and steady, but it will be sustainable and remove all this feast famine and all the emotions that go with that. I talk a good game, but I am only 5 days into this realization and it has taken me 15 years to accept this view point, so I need to make sure I maintain the focus and when I falter, not to think, ‘Oh well’ I can lose a stone in a week on CD’ and then carry on the binge

Well I lost 6 pounds in week 1, so that was great!

2300 cals per day (food diary) 40 mins cardio @ gym 5 times during week

Well done Big H. I tend to have an 'each to their own' mentality with diets. I've done CD, Calorie counting, Harcombe and Exante in my very long diet.

CD and exante are great for losing fast - if that's what you need. At the moment i need to get weight off fast for medical treatment so that's why I'm on Exante right now.

Harcombe didn't work!

Calorie counting is my favourite though and if I had to be on one diet forever, which lets face it I basically will then calorie counting is the one for me. I hope you get on as well.

Well done Big H. I tend to have an 'each to their own' mentality with diets. I've done CD, Calorie counting, Harcombe and Exante in my very long diet.

CD and exante are great for losing fast - if that's what you need. At the moment i need to get weight off fast for medical treatment so that's why I'm on Exante right now.

Harcombe didn't work!

Calorie counting is my favourite though and if I had to be on one diet forever, which lets face it I basically will then calorie counting is the one for me. I hope you get on as well.

Well, being the idiot that I am, I decided to talk myself out of calorie counting (because it would take too long to lose the weight) and tried to go back to CD. I didn't last a day. I have always been able to do CD, but I just have it in me anymore. So after a few days of stupid binging, I am back today on Calorie counting. Porridge for breakfast, just had tuna salas for lunch, and off to gym this eve. I know this is the right (and only) long term solution for me, but as always I want everything now :D

Tell that devil on your shoulder to sod off!!! You know what you want, you know it's not a race, you know you will get there in the end!!! x

You have done such an amazing job so far! I decided on Calorie Counting as a means of losing weight as I wanted something sustainable and that I could do for the rest of my life. I stick to 1700 calories and exercise around an hour a day. I eat well and also the things that I like. I am feeling so much better for it already.

Quick fixes are great but not sustainable, you are on the right path.

Can I just ask if you are measuring yourself too? This can be a great motivator on top of the weight the scales say. It is great to see the measurements go down. I also find small achievable goals with tangible rewards are a great motivational tool. All the best :)

You have done such an amazing job so far! I decided on Calorie Counting as a means of losing weight as I wanted something sustainable and that I could do for the rest of my life. I stick to 1700 calories and exercise around an hour a day. I eat well and also the things that I like. I am feeling so much better for it already.

Quick fixes are great but not sustainable, you are on the right path.

Can I just ask if you are measuring yourself too? This can be a great motivator on top of the weight the scales say. It is great to see the measurements go down. I also find small achievable goals with tangible rewards are a great motivational tool. All the best :)

I never measure myself with a tape measure, I just go by how clothes fit. I guess I should start measuring

Well, being the idiot that I am, I decided to talk myself out of calorie counting (because it would take too long to lose the weight) and tried to go back to CD. I didn't last a day. I have always been able to do CD, but I just have it in me anymore. So after a few days of stupid binging, I am back today on Calorie counting. Porridge for breakfast, just had tuna salas for lunch, and off to gym this eve. I know this is the right (and only) long term solution for me, but as always I want everything now :D

I had this problem for a while. I didn't want to spend the money on CD, but I didn't think I could calorie count, I wanted to lose weight the healthy way, but I didn't want to have to wait that long. After 2 failed attempts at CD, not because they didn't work but because they didn't last, I've realised that for me at least, CD is useless. All it does is remove food from the equation making it simpler, it doesn't deal with the fact that I'm rubbish at equations because I can't balance! Ok when it comes to maths, I'm fine, but food is like that. I can do cut food out all together, that's not a problem. But I can't do a healthy balanced diet and CD wasn't teaching me how. I knew that one day there would have to be life without CD but I knew that if I followed that path I wouldn't be prepared for it. Whereas I know that by doing it this way, adjusting my eating and my exercise and generally my lifestyle, I'm making life long changes and in the long run, that's really the only way, like you said. At the end of the day, I didn't put on this weight overnight and I can't expect to lose it overnight! It's going to be a long journey, but I'll get there and so will you! And we're less likely to have any saggy skin this way too!!

I had this problem for a while. I didn't want to spend the money on CD, but I didn't think I could calorie count, I wanted to lose weight the healthy way, but I didn't want to have to wait that long. After 2 failed attempts at CD, not because they didn't work but because they didn't last, I've realised that for me at least, CD is useless. All it does is remove food from the equation making it simpler, it doesn't deal with the fact that I'm rubbish at equations because I can't balance! Ok when it comes to maths, I'm fine, but food is like that. I can do cut food out all together, that's not a problem. But I can't do a healthy balanced diet and CD wasn't teaching me how. I knew that one day there would have to be life without CD but I knew that if I followed that path I wouldn't be prepared for it. Whereas I know that by doing it this way, adjusting my eating and my exercise and generally my lifestyle, I'm making life long changes and in the long run, that's really the only way, like you said. At the end of the day, I didn't put on this weight overnight and I can't expect to lose it overnight! It's going to be a long journey, but I'll get there and so will you! And we're less likely to have any saggy skin this way too!!

Great post Caroline - all so true !!!

Back