Hi Hi... a long introduction! You have been warned!

57Varieties

Hi all,

My first post on this site! even though I joined this forum a few months back :eek:

Hmmm... some things about me... I decided that I wanted to lose some weight, so I decided on SW as some of my work colleagues are on it and it works for them and so I tried it on my own at home and I lost just over a stone on it.

After two and a half months of SW I have now decided to calorie count, as it gives me more freedom in my food choices and gives me more control over my portion sizes, as it was weird for me eating such large portions of free foods on SW! and it doesn't help as I'm an excessive eater! :eek: (and I'm sure if the portions weren't so large I would certainly have lost more weight!) Anyway, hopefully with calorie counting I can learn more about portion control :)

I would like to reach around the 140lb mark and although I would like to lose the excess weight as quick as possible, I want to do it as healthy as possible so I would hope to consume 1400-1500 cals per day with a couple days of exercise each week and see where that takes me.

I hope this calorie counting sticks as I have never really dieted before the SW period- I've used exercise as a tool to motivate me to be more healthy and I have lost weight that way (unintentionally, but was pleased with the 6-8 pounds weight loss that came with it! but it went back on slowly when I didn't continue with it :( )

Anyway, any info and advice is much appreciated! and all the best with whatever methods/plans you are continuing on at the moment! Thanks, for reading! :)

Hi!!! :welcome: back

Well I felt exactly the same, and thats why I switched from SW to calorie counting.

I just felt I was eating way too much and wanted to have a smaller portion. Isnt that how your stomache gets smaller? haha!!!

I have around 600 - 700 a day or even less. I dont feel the need to eat so much, and seriously dont think I could eat around 1000
(Unless I just ate chocolate all day Id use them up all straight away then :p)

But keep an eye on my diary, you might see some foods I eat that you may like :D

Good Luck!

x:princess:x

600-700 calories! Really?! :eek: That sounds way too low! I wouldn't dream of going under 1250- because I'm worried of my body going into starvation mode and other factors, but you know your body better than anyone else and you know what works for you :)

A couple of times by the end of the day my total cals amounted to 1100 and I had to find healthy things to eat to make the number go higher- that's so crazy!! Because 6 months ago I'd prob eat over that amount before dinner time! :p

600-700 calories! Really?! :eek: That sounds way too low! I wouldn't dream of going under 1250- because I'm worried of my body going into starvation mode and other factors, but you know your body better than anyone else and you know what works for you :)

A couple of times by the end of the day my total cals amounted to 1100 and I had to find healthy things to eat to make the number go higher- that's so crazy!! Because 6 months ago I'd prob eat over that amount before dinner time! :p

Yeah, I think thats what it is, my body is fine with it. The thing is though before I went heavy I didnt eat that much anyway, and then I just started eating loads and went huge! So I think my body might just think im going back to my old ways! My only worry is when I go away that I put weight on quickly.... When I get bck im going to up my calories to 1000 im only eating this low for my holiday. But after that I want this diet to be long term, not just a one off.

I will probably struggle when I get home from my hols, to add up from having around 500 - 600 - 700 too 1000 - 12000 But I should manage :D Hope it all goes well for you!

x:princess:x

Hello! I used to follow SW, but found I was eating way too much free food and my weight loss stopped. Calorie counting suits me much better as I feel more in control. If you calculate your BMR (google BMR calculation), this will give you the amount of calories you can eat a day without gaining or losing weight. In my case it is 1560. So if I stuck to 1500 cals a day, I would lose very little weight. I have stuck to 1000 a day and have lost almost 5 stone in 4 months, under medical supervision. I wouldn't personally go any lower than 1000, but the VLCDs are considerably less. Most people tend to go for around 1250 a day. Good luck with your journey.
x

Back