Hi, I am new around here.

Hi all :
My name is Victoria and I am new to this forum.
I live primarily in NY, but due to being in a long distance relationship I do spend a lot of time in Essex, England.
I am a vegetarian and part time vegan and joined Slimming World online from the States as they only have branches in Texas, and that is 2000 miles away from me !
It is very early stages, I only joined last week, but am already encountering a few glitches that I am not too thrilled about and mainly it is the food.
We have tons and tons of things over here that are not on the lists of free foods, A's or B's, so I am being forced to use up all my syns on regular meals rather than special treats. ( eg : seitan, sugar free almond milk, brown rice protein shakes, Indian style tofu......).
I have signed up for 3 months for 60 quid, so I will see how it goes.
It is a very very liberal plan and I love that, but there is only so much plain Quorn ( and we do not have the variety of it here like you have in the UK - we have no bangers or burgers here at all ), so need to figure out if there can be substitutions made so I do not have to use up all my syns on things like almond milk which only has 40 calories.
At any rate I am glad to be here !

:wave_cry:

Just wanted to say Hi!! I am not vegetarian or Vegan or even doing Slimming World, ALTHOUGH I hve been on SW before and my friend is a District Manager of SW...so if you need any info let me know and I will see what I can find out for you.

Welcome to the forum! I see you have recovered from an ED! Brill...can I have your secret please? How have you managed it ?

Hope you enjoy the forum, it has been a lifeline for me!

Take care

just found out that their is a group on here called.........Overseas and on the Slimming World diet

If you go to your USER CP, then on the left hand side you will see SOCIAL GROUPS , click onto this and then you will see NEW GROUPS...and this is one of them, think there are 5 or so members!!!

Thank you so much for the info SM ! And for the welcome Lorraine.
I am a bit used to food shopping here, our supermarkets are like wareshouses, and we have Whole Foods, Trader Joes and health food shops all over, even in Brooklyn, so things that are common and average to me like sugar free almond milk, etc is not part of the listing even for the USA free food/syn list.

I wrote them before I signed up outlining a lot of the foods we have here and I buy with regularity and they said I would not have a problem, alas .............I used up 6 syns alone on two scoops of brown rice protein shake powder, and another 6 on an ounce of Gruyere cheese, as I used skim milk to make the shake. I would prefer to save those syns for treats and extras, not part of my normal average meals.
I have written to them again, let me see how they will respond, maybe they will say it ok to swap the rice protein shake for the Quorn syn-free. Here's hoping ................

SM :
I was trying to leave you either a pm or a message on your page, but it said I do not have access. :(
Anyhow to answer your question, I am not recovered yet, but in recovery. It is a long and slow process, as I am now 49 and I developed the disorder when I was a Uni student at age 22.
All I can say was I was sick and tired of being sick and tired, to quote one of my favorite bands, Papa Roach. Coupled with finding it harder to move around, my escalating blood sugar levels and watching my mother's very long and painful death from diabetes in March, and wanting to look nice for my 50th birthday which is in January, it all sort of came together for me and I am down from 187 when I began this journey in April ( 169 as of today ).
I joined SW for the structure.

I dont think you can PM until you have had something like 50 posts,,,so keep posting :)

Aw,,,,sorry to hear about your journey, but at least you are looking positive and getting some structure in your life!

Looking forward to seeing how you get on!!

Hi Fairycakes and welcome to the forum.

You live in NY, oh I am very jealous. I would love to visit and and it is one of the things I want to do on my 'when I'm thin wishlist'.

Best of luck with your journey.

Good luck on your weight loss journey Victoria.
Im a newbee too but on Lipotrim.
Cathy

hello Victoria and welcome to the forums! Good luck on your weight loss journey :)

Sharkbait1983 x

:p:p:p

Back