Hi, I am starting this diet on Monday :) need some help

Loops25

Hi all

Since quitting smoking I have gained over a stone so would like to get it back off.

I have had no luck with calorie counting or slimming world, nothing seems to be shifting it so i am praying this will work.

I am off shopping tomorrow, do you think it would be cheaper/better to buy a joint of beef rather than steak?

What yogurts do I buy? Muller lights vanilla? anything else?

Any other tips before I go shopping?

Sorry for so many questions :confused:

Hi Loops and welcome to Dukan :p You need to buy some oatbran hun as you have to have 1 and a half tbsp per day! You may get sick of a joint of beef, I know I have lol but it depends how much you like it!

Good luck and there's so much advice on here to help you xx

We are allowed lean ham but not bacon :)

Hey loops. You need oat bran, lots of fish, seafood, chicken, beef/steak, lean ham (i think this is just the processed stuff from what has been said), low fat mince, eggs, fat free fromage frais for sauces and your gallettes, fat free greek yoghurt again for sauces and things like tikka powder and herbs and spices to marinade your meats in. Hope this helps, this was what was on my shopping list when i started.
NO bacon, pork or lamb. NO sausages or burgers unless your making your own.
Only 2 fruit yoghurts per day or unlimited lemon, coconut, vanilla or toffee. Cherck they are all low or no fat and low in cals too as there is a bit of a discrepancy regarding this between the French and English book but our wonderful Joanne is going to read the English book and let us know.

You were right to not go in the pool today but only had one very short shower back to lovely sunshine again now

lucky you roast chicken for t and roast pork yum, done the low fat stuff before i like atkins but do eat lowish fat to

Thanks all, been shopping so all ready to go tomorrow.

Just starting to panic if i am going to have enough to eat at work tomorrow. (all my chicken is frozen so defrosting some for tea tomorrow evening)

B Galette and a muller vanilla yogurt
L Crab sticks and slices of turkey? this ok?
D This will be some chicken
and lots of water and a walk with the dogs when i get home :)

I have bought some skimmed milk for my coffee and tea.

I have a boiled egg ready for a snack (I know i can only have 2 eggs per day unless i get rid of the yolk)

This sound ok?

That sounds fantastic Loops. You can snack on those foods through out the day too if you need to. Do not go hungry

sounds fine. If you just use the white in the galette you can have 2 boiled eggs ;)

Back