Hi i`m back again lol

Thanks Ann i am finding it very hard today am in alot of pain will def ring gp at 1.30 thanks hun x

Well my doc just rung and basically all she said i can do is get a prescription for a stronger anti inflamatory tab "diclofenac 50mg) that also has a painkiller in it.
She asked me if i had heard from the Endicrinologist and i told her i have phoned them and thy said i have to wait till they contact me .
So thats it fobbed off again !!

Oh Roch you poor thing! Your GP sounds useless!

I took diclofenac last year when I put my back out (I could barely move, tiny baby steps to get to the loo and lying down was impossible lol) and if I remember correctly they did help but only for a couple of hours at a time, I don't know how helpful they'd be with sciatica?

Could you ask for a second opinion? Is there another gp who could see you as a matter of urgency at the same surgery?

If you take the diclofenac and still find yourself struggling tonight, ring an ambulance! I ordinarilly wouldn't suggest something so drastic but bloody hell you have been suffering now for days! You do deserve to get urgent treatment!!!!!

Take care hun, and good luck xx

Oh Roch, I've only just caught up with this and I wish I could do something to help.
I take diclofenic from time to time for a knee problem. It did help me, but it sounds like you need far more than an increase in pain killers.

((((hugs)))))

Do you feel able to try acupuncture? My dad had it for sciatica and although he moaned like heck about it at the time, it did help him tremendously.

Thinking about you.
Love Kitty xxx

Hi Roch,

Been reading your thread and just wanted to share my situation with you in case my experience helps you at all. I have suffered for 2-3 years with sciatica and had pain killers like you, it got increasingly worse and the attacks were lasting longer, sending me to bed for days sometimes.

9 weeks ago I trapped my sciatic nerve just rolling over in bed(?!) and the agonony was indiscribable. NHS line advised my partner to call an ambulance, the paramedics gave me diclofenac and co-codomol. For a few days I had to be helped to the loo and cried out in pain (I have given birth to a 9 and a half pound baby on just gas and air and I know what pain is!) but this - I really know what you are suffering, I had to have drinks from a cup and straw, and my daughter combed knots from my hair as I couldnt get my arm up to do it, I couldn't even get in the shower. :(

I was up and about with help after a couple of weeks, but couldn't sit on a chair much. My doctor took me of the diclofenac and boy did I notice! She put me straight back on them and they help me enormously, so I hope they help you as much (I am on 50mg 3 times a day) and 30/500mg Co-codomol.

My doctor (who is great thankfully) told me they can not refer sciatica patients for x-rays or scans until after 5 weeks of extreme pain as it usually improves within that time. I have now been referred for an MRI scan and am on the waiting list (about 6 weeks).

The PC is a life saver for me, as I too am in the house all day on my own, but I am lucky as I hava a lap-top. Is there any way you can have your PC moved near to your bed so you could see the screen and have the keyboard on the bed? It's just a thought because I find laying on my side with a pillow between my knees is one position I can cope with the pain. I hate to think of you sitting at a PC aggrivating the pain, and I know you have some very valuable friends on here. :)

Just one thing though, I have found the diclofenac have given me water retention so am taking some herbal water tablets at the moment which have helped. I know it's hard to get to the loo (I'm on CD glugging all that water!) but when it's really bad it's a case of a bucket by the bed I'm afraid! (Don't wish to be crude but needs must!) :eek:

The other thing is, my OH enquired in the health food shop about water retention and was told the best remedy is nettle tea (which I am allowed - yippee!) so have been having 2-3 cups a day, my water retention is so much better but don't know if it's the tea or the pills! :confused:

Sorry to go on so long, it's just I read your posts with such empathy, I wanted you to know you are not alone, and share tips!

Carol xx

Very interested in the accupunture.......

Thanks Carol really appreciate the post.Well i have been prescribed exactly the same as u for the diflcenac and co codamol and in the same strenghts.
The water retention does worry me as i am suffering with bad water retention probs at present but if the back pain eases up i can at least take the water retention tabs as cant take them at present as i cant manage going to the loo 2 often !!

How long have u been taking the Diclofenac and now the pain has eased up are u still taking them !!
I feel like such a fraud sometimes with the amount of pain i am as sometimes i cant even stand up and it brings tears to my eyes.
Thank god i have a strong son who is only 14 but is 5.10 and very strong and he gets me up from the bed or the chair when i cant manage and he does the shopping and cleaning when i am really bad.

I am so desperate to lose weight but i seem to have new obstacles thrown in front of me every way i turn.
Are u allowed to take such strong meds while Ssing on Cd.

I took one tab of the Diclofenac today without food and just with a little milk and within 15 mins i was shaking so i made a sandwich and i felt better after that.

I am trying to be strong and positive but its so hard sometimes,i know that i have sciatica because i weigh 27 stone and its my fault that i have got to this weight but even though i am being very carefull with my cals and fat i am housebound so there is no way i will be losing weight as i am on my backside all day.

Sorry for wallowing in self pity but i feel preety low today but thanks Carol for this post as i feel like there is some hope to the meds working and i can get back to how i was 10 days ago b4 this bad bout of sciatica hit me.

Hi Roch,

I'm sure the meds will work for you, just make sure you treat your water ret too! I have been on them since this happened 9 weeks ago, with a week off about week 5. I took the CD form to my Dr before I started and she said it was fine, she has known me a lot of years and knows if I had any concerning affects I would be sensible about it. :rolleyes:

You MUSTN'T feel a fraud - you are obviously in a lot of pain, I really know.. but I also know what you mean, it just seems to go on and on, and you are probably like me and get fed up of moaning about it, and saying "OW!" when you move.. but I am lucky my family are sympathetic and your son sounds wonderful. The people who love us don't mind us moaning - we probably feel worse about it! :(

I think the frustration is hard, I hate not being able to clean the house as I should, or just jump in the car and go shopping or whatever.

I have tried slimming world twice this year, but I cheat too much! I save up my sins and have a blow out at the weekend! :eek: CD is good for me because it takes that away, and I would find the shopping and cooking too hard at the moment. The only thing is I am losing so much more slowly than everyone else seems to be which makes it hard for me to stay motivated - but I was gaining weight fast been so inactive, so I just think of this as damage limitation and losing a bit too! Strangely enough, after losing my first stone I have lost 7 inches off my waist!

My OH is doing it with me and he drops 5, 6, and 7 pounds a week!

I know it's hard to stay positive believe me, and being in pain makes you (or me anyway) irritable and fed up, and I'm sure like me you have some days when you feel really positive and others when you just want to cry. Also, it's ok to have days like that, never feel guilty.

My sister had exactly the same as me years ago, she was in hospital for a few days (they did that then!) and she is fit and fine now and hardly ever has an attack, so there is hope for us! When she was able to she did physio and swimming to strengthen her back muscles and just wouldn't let it beat her. (No ay would I wear a cossie at the mo - even if I could get into the pool!:eek: ) I try to have her attitude but it's not always easy is it?

Do you get the cramp in the back of your calf - like your muscles are knotted? I find that heat (I have a wheat bag but a hot water bottle would be fine) really helps.

I will see if I can think of anything to cheer you up!

Carol xx

Oh Roch, bless you no wonder you are feeling down, never feel guilty about the way you are feeling, anyway a good cry often does us good!

Carols posts are very encouraging and so maybe things will start to look up soon eh?

Something that might make you smile is this thread from the moneysaving website (I have actually been crying with laughter reading it) it's a long thread so maybe print it out and have a good read in bed!

Hope you feel better very soon babe,

* it would probably help if I actually included the link eh* d'oh

Worst/Strangest Christmas Present! - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

xx

one of my favourites from the above thread

"
I got two tea-towels from my MIL ,no we don't get on but the funniest thing was I know they came from a packl of 4 so who was lucky enough to get the other 2? How come I was not loved enough to get the other 2?!!!!!xxxx "

:) :D

Very funny Mrs T - maybe you should start a new thread here on the subject!! :D

I have a few, I was once given one of those crocheted doll toilet roll covers in bright orange - I had to remember to get it out every time the relative visited! (I just spelled that crotcheted DER!):rolleyes:

Hi everyone just wanted to say am feeling a bit better have taken 2 doses already of the Diclofenac and i already have a bit of relief hopefully a couple of days down the road i will be recovered(fingers crossed).

To me the tablets are very strong feel really sleepy but that is not suprsising considering i have been taking over the counter sleeping tabs for many years(i know it is not good for me) but on thursday night could not find them so ended up not having much sleep the last few nights at keast when i tooj the nytol it knocked me out and i managed to get some sleep.
I am determined to ride this out and not take any more sleeping tabs.
Thanks again for all your support, take care and sleep well xx

Hi - just checking in again to see how you are Roch.

The diclofenac should help with the period pain as well as your back, so you should feel better on it. If it makes your stomach feel really bad, you could try the old ranitidine chaser (Zantac or similar) which works quite well. Hope you are up and about soon, it does sound that this is passing, finally.

PS lol lots at Mrs Tweety's link,

Roch

How are you doing today. Have just come across your post and am really sorry you are suffering so much.
I wish there was something I could do to help........
You are so great at giving other people support (me included) that I hate to think of you not getting treated right by your GP or the NHS......
I really hope you get the help you need.
x

Betty

Hi everyone, thanks sooooo much for your support.Well happy to say that day by day i am feeling better and managing to stand up a little more.
The pain is def easing up i know it is the medication but i am just so happy to have some relief.

Thanks Ann for that link i will check it out x

Well am hoping by monday or tuesday i will be able to start getting back to normal and doing things round the house.
Thanks again 2 all of u the amount of compassion u have all shown me is un believable and i really appreciate it.
Am going to log off now as sitting by the pc hurts my back.

Have a good evening xxxxx

Having a bad day not feeling 2 good !!

Morning everyone.Well had a crappy night had really bad acid a woke up a couple of times drunk a bit of milk which usually helps and sat up for 20 mins then went back to bed.

At around 3.00 am woke up as the acid had got really bad and was burning my throat went to the bathroom and was sick 5 times felt a bit better after that and went back to sleep.

Pain wise its getting a bit better, thank god !!

Not been very good the last 2 days with dieting,am hopeing to get back on track 2morrow.
2 be honest i am fed up and feel really low.I know my back probs are becuase of my weight and i hate myself even more for causing all these problems 4 myself and still ate not good over the last 2 days.

How much more crap is going to come my way phyisically and emotionally as i dont know how much more i can take !!!

I have decided that after christmas i am going to attempt SS one more time does not matter if it is CD/LL or LT and if i fall of the wagon for what ever reason, does not matter if it is for phyisical/health reasons which are beyone my control or for my sheer greed then i am going to have a Gastric bypass have already spoken to my doc about it !!!!!!

I HAVE HAD ENOUGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not going 2 post on here very often i feel like i am always saying negative things and its getting me down even more.
I will be on the site but not posting on here so ls dont think i am being rude by not reponding 2 your messages, thanks

Back