Hi, i need will power to stick at slimming world!!

Emma07825

Hi guys, I'm doing SW at home for the 100th time. I'd say I have around 2 stone to loose. The first half stone always comes off fine, then I seem to always put it straight back on (and a bit more) where is my staying power?!! I know it's there somewhere as I'm an ex smoker.help!!! any advice would be great, thanks!!!

Slimming world is One of the easier diets to follow, you just need to want it and it'll naturally follow. There's no shortcuts to slimness and nobody can do it for you, you just gotta keep on going and don't stop until you get to goal!

The biggest tip for slimming world is to be really organised! Always have a pasta salad in the fridge so u have a syn free snack waiting!!

The biggest tip for slimming world is to be really organised! Always have a pasta salad in the fridge so u have a syn free snack waiting!!

I agree! I also make sure there are mullerlights in my fridge along with pickles, beetroot etc as I love to snack on them.

Welcome,

Don't give up. I am a single dad and work 12 hour shifts. You need to be very organised. This stops you grabbing those fast snacks when hungry.

I pre make salads for the week ahead, chop lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber. Make enough rice for 2 or 3 days, do the same for boiled potatoes. Chop up potatoes for sw fries and put them in water until needed. The only thing I cook from stretch is meat, I have a George Foreman grill for that which cooks meat fast. Vegetables are mainly frozen cooked in the microwave.

Snacks for me are fruit, yogurt and sometimes almonds. I follow the green plan as I love potatoes, pasta and rice. The first week for me was the hardest as I love chocolate. I grabbed diet Pepsi when I had cravings which seemed to do the trick. My sugar cravings have died off mostly.

Good luck with your weight loss.:)

Hi Emma,

I'm also doing SW again after several attempts. This try (nearly a year) is the longest I have stuck at it. Before I would have a gain or STS after being really on plan and give up. This time I accept gains and STS aren't end of the world. I agree with other posters about being organised. Been thinking about buying a George Foreman grill too!

Good luck :)

Also suggest you start a diary thread and/or a food diary thread in the SW section for support and encouragement.

Good luck.

Irene xx

Back