Hi- i'm new and stuck - looking for help :)

Coolin

Hi - I started last november losing weight with my fatsecret app(like my fitnesspal) and it was going well until about february. Then I just seemed to be stuck and not losing weight so I went to my GP. She prescribed me Xenical and I went off to the chemist full of hope only to discover that it was impossible to get due to the manufacturing problem. So I grudgingly started to do some exercise starting about 2 weeks ago ( mixture of walking/running 3 times a week). Only I am still stuck. I've been 109kg for about 6 weeks now and when I think about the way I used to eat and the way I eat now I seriously dont understand why I am not losing weight. I'm eating about 1600cals on average every day and have about a 1000 calorie deficit. Should I ask for a referral to a dietician maybe?

Try again as I have heard the shortage is starting to ease up. Call the pharmacy before hand to check so you do not waste your time, maybe try another one? If you have only just started exercising it could be that your building muscle so that will in the short term not be good for weight loss but long term you will see results. I do my weight progress is lbs so i dont know much about the kg. My diet is calorie controlled but I do bear in mind what I am eating too. If you can be referred it maybe be helpful to have someone else see what your eating.

Have you tried eating a little more? 1000 deficit may be a little too much for you:

bmi 32+ - 1000 calories
bmi 28-31 - 750 calories
bmi 26-28 - 500 calories
bmi < 26 - 250 calories

Obviously its a guide and what works for some may not work for others but it may be worth a try! And make sure you eat well if you're exercising too. Believe it or not too much of a deficiency is as damaging to weight loss as eating too much. Human bodies aren't designed to lose a lot of weight long term so it adjusts itself to stop this - usually by slowing down its metabolism

Thanks for the replies:) I'm beginning to think maybe I'm just not eating enough or not enough of the right stuff. I'm going to try increasing the amount of protein and decreasing carbs. Fingers crossed as I've been 109kg (17st 2 i think) for the past 5 weeks...:(

Cutting the carbs (I think bread is the worst one, I avoid it most of the time and use it as a treat), eat more protein, drink plenty of water and fresh fruit and veg :) I had a weight loss plateau most of the month to be honest, noticed my weight is starting to drop off again now but I've increased my exercise levels and cutting portion sizes down did the job for me. x

Back