Hi - I'm New! Does SW *really* work??

Emerald

Hi there :D
I joined a Slimming World group last Thursday after struggling with my weight for ages. I had a baby 9 months ago and have really piled on the pounds. I'm 2 st heavier than when I fell pregnant and I was over weight anyway :eek:

Anyway I've just found you all. I am really enjoying the SW plan but am worried that either a) I'm not following it properly or b) it won't work! Because I am eating such nice things.

It's good to have read some of your tips on here so far. Anyway just wanted to introduce myself and join in your group!

Emerald
X

Hello & welcome. Yes SW really does work as long as you stick to the plan! Check out people's threads to see how much has been lost. We're also very good for tips and a motivation boost whenever you need it. Good luck.

Welcome.. yes it works.. and yes you can eat nice things .. if you are worried you can post a food diary on here.. there is a sticky thread for that and people can check how you are doing.. stay focused and good luck xx:D

:wavey:

hey welcome aboard, we can all tell you it will work, but the best thing to do is wait and see for yourself, then just smile.

xbunnyx

Yes, it works!
I do agree with you, at first you do wonder how it can work with all the food you can eat!
Like a post earlier says, just read how other people have progressed and it will inspire you, also there are loads of knowledgeable people on here, so if you have any questions just ask and you will get good advice.

Good luck

Charls x

hey! welcome and good luck im only on day 1 of week 2 myself but iv lost 6lbs and i was norty lol so if i can do it anyone can :D xxx

hi, i was in same position you, my baby is now 13 months, I lost the 1st stone by his 1st birthday and hoping for my second stone this week. IT's great, so many yummy recipes and food, doesn't even feel like a diet most of the time...good luck and anything you need just ask...

Hi!
I had a baby 12 weeks ago (where does the time go?!) I've been at SW for 5/6 weeks and have lost 12.5lb so far :bliss: so yes, it does work!

i need to lose my baby weight too but it so hard he 12 now :eek:

i had eldest and was a sod i was told oooo you eating for two and i did lol
went up to 17st
then learnt to not eat so much with next one but damage was done weight went up
then caught for last un, he was two weeks late and i discovered the bliss of chocolate and it has been my constant companion there through thick and thin!!
1st marriage broke up i ended up 14st then ended up slightly bigger then met hubby numbr 2 married him 4 years ago on wednesday and he only known me big

oh and yes SW does work i been on it 7 weeks and lost 20lb so far!!!
i have never eaten so much and still lost weight pmsl
but i eating the good stuff now rather than the rubbish i was eatin and me and the dairy milk have parted company and i do not miss it one bit

Welcome and yup it really works, we're all proof that it does x

Thankyou everyone :) It's really good to see all your tickers, some of you have such amazing weight losses!
I went to a group yesterday as I can't make my normal one this week for my first proper weigh in (it's my anniversary on thursday, 4 years just like you, nannydi, :), and he's taking me for a slap up meal! oops!!) Anyway weighed in at the other group and in 4 days I've already lost 2.5lbs! I was in total shock!

I love Green days although yesterday and today I'm on Red. I'm a real carb lover so can see Green being my way ahead with the occassional red so I can have bacon, another favourite.

I have a quick question about the healthy extras, I had some ryvitas yesterday and in my FO book it listed 4 dark rye ryvitas as 1 HE but it also lists 2 dark rye ryvitas as 1 HE. Bit confused!!

Emerald
X

I think where it lists 2 different amounts for the same thing, the lower amount makes it a speed food where as the higher amount is just a normal HE.

If it says you can have 4 then have 4! If you haven't had any other HEB's then it would just count as 2 rather than 1

Back