Hi, Im new here!

hayles

Hello all,

Im not new to MiniMins, ive been here a while doing Slim Fast, however, if you dont mind having me im gonna move over to calorie counting.
I love MM and having people to talk to who understand and having somewhere to write stuff down really helps!
Slim fast has done me well, im 3lbs short of my first stone :eek:(i would have got here quicker but i had a 4 week break in the middle while i moved house!). Anyway, if im totally honest, i have started to miss food a little bit now and im a bit worried that my weight loss is stalling because im not eating enough some days. Also, after it taking me about 2 months to get there, i finally joined my uni gym yesterday:whacky068:, im sat here in my gym stuff ready to go for my induction at 11.30, and im TERRIFIED!! i have v low self esteem and feel embarrased, but, it must be done!! this is another reason for me to be moving over to CC as i feel that just having shakes inside me isnt enough to work out on and might make me light headed etc.
So i did my BMR thing and it came out about 1959, so i have given myself a calorie target of 1400 a day, and i know that this will work out less the days i go to the gym. - does this sound right to people??:confused: im 5ft 3 and 12st 3 :sigh:
anyway ive had a little nosey round the threads and your all doing sooo well :D
i will probably start a diary for myself next week as this really helped when doing SF, the remainder of this week will be a little bit of SF and CC (until i do a big shop at the weekend and get the food i need in!!)
Here goes...

Hayles :queen: xxx

Hi hayles! Don't be terrified you will be just fine!

Im new here too and new to minimins!

Today is my first day!

Looking at your cals you will lose about 1lb per week!! good luck hun!

S
x

Thanks Sezie!! i think its just the thought of the first time etc, once im in ill be fine, and from previous dieting i know that when i excersize i feel much better and it makes a huge difference to my WL, so these thoughts will keep me going!!

good luck on your first day, keep us updated !
x

Thanks Sezie!! i think its just the thought of the first time etc, once im in ill be fine, and from previous dieting i know that when i excersize i feel much better and it makes a huge difference to my WL, so these thoughts will keep me going!!

good luck on your first day, keep us updated !
x
Will do hun! If you need anyone to chat or moan to I'm always here!

Hey hun welcome! hope your enjoying yourself on CC sometimes it does your body good to move over onto a different plan, calories look good hun especially as your going to the gym too and burning even more calories that way :) take care xxx

hey hayles! hope your gym induction went well? :) look forward to reading about your try with calorie counting - i've found it really easy to follow and flexible so far so hopefully you'll find it rewarding! xx

Hi Hayles, good luck with your journey :) we're a similar height and weight - I'm 5' 4" and 11st 9lb. I find exercise makes a big difference to my weight loss too, I'm walking 6 miles, five days a week and it's definitely helping :D how did your gym induction go?

Hi Girls,

thanks so much for the welcomes! i went to my gym induction last week and it was fiiiine!!i dont know what all the fuss was about!
i usually weigh in on a monday however, im gonna change this to a friday morning now. this week is a bit of a funny one because im going down to london at the weekend to stay with some friends so wont be able to do cc 100%. im gonna still make good choices and watch how much i eat and stick to vodka and d.coke when we go out! but i will start my official diary next monday!!
gonna do the rest of the weeks food choices here and would love comments from everyone about what you think of my choices etc!!dont hold back!!

so today;
breakfast = 2 x wholemeal toast with jam 218cal
Snack = banana 100 cals
Lunch = omelette (2 eggs, 60g mushrooms, 4 slices wafer thin ham) 222
Pink n White = 50cals
Strawberries = 32cals
Tea = chicken stir fry and rice 471.50 cals
Pink n white = 50cals Total = 1143.5/1400

i have been to the gym this morning too and will be having a stir fry for tea so will let you know my cals later on!!and will give my official CC start weight on friday!

off to read all your diarys now!!x

so im still down by about 250 cals for today - i find this quite a lot, does anyone have any (easy and low cost) ideas for anything i can have, maybe after my tea, when im low on my cals goal i dont wanna start eating sugary cereal/chocolate etc to fill my cals!!

Last edited:
hello all,
so today looked like this:
Breakfast - porridge 286 cals (i make it with ss milk!)
Banana - 100cals
Lunch - ?? im gonna corner off 400 cals for this, its probably more than what i ate but id rather over than under estimate!i did an early shift at where i work part time and for lunch the ward and theatre staff get like a little buffet, so i ended up having 1/4 of ham sandwich 1/4 egg sandwich, 2 mini sausage rolls, 2 slices of queche (SP?), 5 chips and 2 choc marshmallow things!oh and one of the patients bought us a tin of Roses, so i had a few of those - not ideal and felt a bit naff after it all but i then went to the gym and felt 100 times better when i came out!
Tea - spaghetti on toast 308cals Total = 1094
i will probably have a pink and white with my cup of green tea later!!

hope everyone is having a good week :D

xx

Back