Hi I'm new & need to rant!

Hi I'm new and I've been a lurker for the past couple of months & just want to say how marvellous & inspiring you all are. The diet's been going great and I love it!:D

Here comes the rant: Went for weigh in this morning, got to the chemist the same time as another woman & let her go in first, she was also in for lipotrim and went straight through to the back for weigh-in. The assistant at the cash till put my name in a basket so I thought I'd be next. Other lipotrim lady comes out and the assistant that was dealing with her looks to start doing prescriptions or something. Also should point out that there was a third assistant stacking shelves. My 4 year old then starts to get stir-crazy. After they've served another seven customers I say (politely) "excuse me love, have you forgotten me?" I said this a further 3 !! times before she acknowledged me, looked like I was a piece of poo on her shoe and said oh, we're busy with prescriptions.

Now I have no wish to hold anyone up who is waiting for a prescription, but because I 'only' want Lipotrim does that make me a second class customer?

I finally was weighed 15 mins after the 1st lipotrim customer came out!

I wish I could just get the Lipotrim off the net or just get it off the shelf and pay for it. I'm quite capable of weighing myself and any advice I can get off here.

Anyway, probably over-reacting as it's totm but glad I've got it off my chest.

Lotsa Luv x

Welcome to MiniMins EnoughAlready!

You could contact Lipotrim and let them know how you were treated as this is totally unacceptable.

Here is the link to Lipotrim below...

Welcome to the Lipotrim Website

You also might be able to find another Chemist that does it close to you.

Lipotrim - Participating Pharmacies

Or you might feel it is time for a total change...

Cambridge Diet is similar to Lipotrim but have more variety in flavours and bars.

Instead of a chemist you have a counsellor where you arrange an appointment to meet each week for weigh in and to discuss how you are etc.

Here is a link for Frequently asked Questions.

Cambridge Diet FAQ and General Information. - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

Also check out the other vlcd's on here like Lighter life, W8, Exante and Celebrity Slim.

Here is a link to help you make your way around.

http://www.minimins.com/introductions/46674-new-members-guided-tour-minimins.html

How did your weigh in go???

Thanks for that. I lost 4lbs today & very pleased with that. I had never thought about switching, I'll look into the other options you have mentioned.

Thanks again x

Well done on your weight loss!:happy096:

See if you can sort it out with the Chemist first, perhaps phone them and tell them how you felt about their service today and see if you can make an appointment so that you will be seen on time.

Let us know how you get on.

Love Mini xxx

Well done on your loss hun, I have seen 4 different people at the pharmacy I get my LT. They have all acted differently. Today was the best because I saw the girl who initially did my signup and a nice lady who was interested in what I had to say and I had the first feel good conversatin in over 3 months. You may find that next week they are nicer but they should not let you wait that long nor should they let prescriptions take priority. See if there is another pharmacy and swich to them hun. Good Luck!

i was waiting 25 mins last week i was goin mad coz i pay 65 euro a week on lipotrim. ive had very bad experiences with my pharmacy so i now bring a friend with me so i dont have to talk to the pharmacist. So annoying! I was fuming. But its not worth it thou now i just think ill go get my shakes and weighted thats it!

the ladies at my chemist are lovely but a bit clueless when it comes to LT i have got all my info off the net and this forum!!

I'm really lucky with my pharmacist, there's 2 guys both of whom are chatty, and one of them has actually done Lipotrim, he's very helpful and very supportive. Also, i go at 6.30pm (ish) on a tuesday night when they are very quiet, so i get seen straight away, usually in and out in less than 10 mins. Maybe you can go at a different time when they are not busy?

Welcome hun,

I would definitely suggest switching pharmacists. I'm really lucky because mine are lovely but LT is tough enough without them being supportive. You deserve respect and to be treated with dignity, not being made to feel like a nuisance.

xx

Well done with your loss! :)

I see my pharmacy as a necessary evil, they are useless, but, I get the shakes & can forget about them for another week. Mine don't weigh me, so it's literally just shakes/money exchanging hands. They're so useless that they let other people get my shakes sometimes - I couldn't go yesterday so my Mum's boyfriend went to get them & my Mum has gone once or twice.

There might be another pharmacy near you that has LT? Have you looked online? Some are really quite good! I know the one I went to when I tried LT before was really good, but, it's too far away as I don't drive.

Good luck :)

Hannah

I have had trouble with my original pharmacy. Not only were they not interested, they were clueless about Lipotrim - they advised I had TicTacs, sugar free gum and also suggested I buy Alli as well as my shakes. I asked on here and chatting with people I realised I had been paying nearly £50 a week for terrible service, and so we should DEMAND that they take an interest in us. I found another pharmacy a bit further away but they are SO much better. I will see the same person every week and he seems really clued up - it's his own pharmacy and he has been helping people with LT for 20 years. It's definitely worth changing pharmacies and you should certainly report any poor service or bad advice to LT themselves.

Don't put up with it. We are worth more than that, and these people are not doing us any favours - we are paying for their time and attention!!!!

Good luck, and be strong

Jon

hiya just passing through as i am only starting today..... i was doing lipotrim last year but felt that because i was younger than most of the other ladies the pharmacy was only interested in the money... i have since moved home and started LT again in a different pharmacy and it's early days but i already have noticed a HUGE difference.... this new pharmacy seem so much more helpful!

I can't go any other day except Saturday as I work full-time and about 10 miles away - the chemist is shut by the time I get home. There are none available near my work but there are plenty around my home that I can go to on Saturday morning so I'll switch to one of them.

It's a shame because after trying and failing at SW, WW, Atkins, RC, plus others I have managed to stick to this 100% since I started & it seems to really suit me.

Oh well, onwards and upwards...Thanks for all your help. xx

Back