Hi I'm new to this site and would like your advice.

Staceylx

Hello I'm stacey, I'm 24 years old with twins boys, I've struggled with my weight since I was around 15 when I met the man I am with today. I weighed around 9stone back then and ever since I have bloomed up to 13st 6lbs. I only recently put on half a stone since I had the implant in my arm which was in February. I have tried many diets over the last few years including weight watchers, slim fast etc I think the most I lost was on slim fast where I did manage to get to 11st11lbs but again put the weight back on. I weighed my self tonight and now I'm at my heaviest 13st6lbs. I've tried to get back into slim fast again but it fails after a week. I have lost all confidence in my self and manage to out off going out with the girls at weekends because of the way I look and can never find anything to wear. Its ruined my social life as all my friends r size 8s and 10s where I am a size 18. I came across this website and saw some amazing stories about there weight loss, I am going to try and lose weight again tomorrow And hoping to get some amazing tips and diet advice off anyone that is willing to give me some. Thanks for listening to my story and any advice will be helpful.
Stacey

Welcome Stacey! Have you tried Slimming World ? It gives you a lot of variety and get free foods which you can eat as much as you like of.. so much variety and also get sins so you can treat yourself!
I lost a 12lbs in the first 2 weeks of slimming world.

hey,

I'm trying to think of some helpful tips. I think these are only questions you will know the answer to. But here goes.
Have you tried keeping a food diary, so you can literally list everything you eat and drink, even for a few days or a week. And then you can see where you have issues, unless you know. You can then really think about what you are eating and why, honestly to yourself. Make sure you are drinking enough water, a good 4 pints ( in tea as well) Sometimes people eat when they should actually just drink. Sometimes we eat for other reasons than because we need to.

The thing about weight loss, is that people think sometimes it is the weight loss part that is hard. I find its the maintaining that is hard. Its almost like, I only have to eat like this until a date in the future. When it should be about lifestyle changes.

I'm not so sure about the 5-2 diet, and things like that. But something along those lines might be easier for you to stick to. The idea with those sorts of diets is you get a day off, Its not supposed to be a day where you eat all of the things. But you can relax the rules a little and have a break.

My issue, is the fool I like is really nasty. I love having two pop tarts for breakfast every day. at 200 calories each that is an awful breakfast. Because there is nothing good in them.

you could use the food diary to make meal plans. That way for the week all you will need to do is make the meal that is planned. I don't find healthy breakfasts and lunches so hard to find. But I'm not so good with nice, tasty, cheap, filling tea's. Slimming world would be good for that sort of thing as well, though what was it about weight watches that was not right for you?

It is as much about being in the right frame of mind as it is about the diet that works for you. If you start to feel you are locked in diet hell it becomes a nightmare.
Being able to start changing to a healthy lifestyle is a hard thing to do.

The other thing to do, is fine exercise you like. That can be a battle, but you might like something like body step. My local one is quiet high intensity, however, its done to very loud music. So its like going clubbing almost! you don't get much time to stop and think about what you are doing, because the class is so fast and because the music is quite loud. But I find it works well for me, for those reasons.

Not everyone has the time to go swimming and some people find it boring or just don't like it.

The boys will benefit from not only everyone being on a really healthy diet, but they will love it when their mum has more energy. Might a dog help? After tea a family walk to the park, or walking at the weekends? Just a thought.

I can't see if you said what you were up to during the day, but It can be hard if work involves sitting for a long time. But its still really tiring to come home, sort kids, make a meal then go walking. sometimes it feels like there is not enough hours in the day. But it can be done :)

Good luck!

hey,

It is as much about being in the right frame of mind as it is about the diet that works for you. If you start to feel you are locked in diet hell it becomes a nightmare.
Being able to start changing to a healthy lifestyle is a hard thing to do.

Good luck!

Firelass, I liked your post and I think the quote above is the foundation of a successful weight loss journey. It all starts with the right attitude. The right attitude leads to right actions and results. But, the right attitude comes from your philosophy in life. Don't quit, keep going, learn from failures, try different ways, celebrate your victories and never ever consider quitting as an option. Good luck!

I think a contributing factor to my downfall was probably my partner. (Not shifting blame entirely at all mind!)

"I will love you however big you get"

"You will always look beautiful"

Oh good, hand over the cookies then.

Back