Hi i'm new

Welcome to MM's Wessa! The first few days can be tough, but like the other's said, after a couple of days you won't feel the hunger anymore, and your Weigh-Ins are great motivation too.

Take tonight to remind yourself of why you decided to do LL in the first place - you really do have to be 100% mentally comitted for this thing to work, and believe that you WILL succeed.

I hope you have a good day tomorrow, I'm sure you will. Get on here for a distraction if you need too! :)

EDIT: that sounds like a plan for the first few days, though be sure to take the water little and often, don't glug loads in a short space of time to try and keep yourself feeling "filled up" or "full". Without wanting to sound like a downer, you will feel hunger at times during the first few days, it's pretty much unavoidable. You just have to deal with it :(:eek:

Everyone's foodpack timetable is different Wessa, so do it as you find easiest for you.

My trigger times ( when I would normally eat) would be in the evenings or weekends. So, I start my day with a Marigold drink, then I continue with lots of sparkling water until after lunch.

I have a soup around 2pm and then another about 2 hours later. Then i have my other 2 in the evening as I am sitting down and relaxing.

I sometimes have another Marigold before bed.
I have always liked Green and Peppermint teas, so I have those when I feel like it.

Peppermint tea is also very good for nausea, so have some handy in case you experience any sickly side effects in your first week ~ I had a rough first few days, but once in ketosis, you will feel much better again.

Start thinking about your normal eating times and use your foodpacks then...and remember, drinking water really helps curb hunger pangs. xx :)

I am 100% committed to this programme which is why i was kicking myself. But thanks to you all i feel miles better and i'm even looking forward to tommorrow when i carry on. It is a privalidge to be sharing this journey with you all and when i get through this first week i'd like to think i'll be in a position to offer advice to others. Thanks again and i'll let you all know how tommorrow goes.

Hi Wessa and welcome :)

Just to wish you well and reiterate what everyone else has said about the first few days: it can be rough (not really really rough, just unpleasant) and you may be hungry BUT YOU WON'T FOR LONG! Just hang in there, have your packs, drink your water, be kind to yourself (I would advise no discernible exercise until you're firmly in ketosis) and wait for ketosis. Once you hit that your energy will return and your hunger will lessen.

Good luck! You'll be fine :)

Hi WEssa, welcome and good luck!!

You have had some excellant advise here, so I am just saying hello, and lending you support.

DO use this forum for support and inspiration - it is so helpful. Everyone is in this together.

A burden shared, is a burden lessened.

Good luck to you - get you head wrapped right aroung it....and then ROCK IT!!!!!!!!!!! :D

xxx

Hi Wessa

So much good advice from the other regs on here, I doubt I could add anything, so just to wish you best of luck on your marvellous journey. Post here often, come and chat, and the weeks will fly by!

Jez
xx

Hi and welcome to Minimins and LL! Hope you doing OK now. You will work out what suits you best in timescales. We're all different.

Enjoy the journey. xx

Back