Hi, I'm new

Entropy

Hey, I'm Katie and I'm a 19 year old student. I'm following SW at the moment going it alone but I would like to maybe go to a class when I go back to uni although I dont know if I'll be able to find the money.

A while ago now I was doing W8 and lost 2 1/2 stone in a short space of time, I kept the weight loss off for a long time until last summer and now I'm much heavier than I've ever been at 16st ARGH I don't know how that happened!!

So this time I'm serious and doing this properly =)

Hi Katie :)
I have joined you in the Jan sales challenge :D
I joined SW 4 weeks ago and have lost 15.5lbs so far- i love the fact that you don't have to weigh and count as there are so many free foods.
I also worried about the money so I save and buy 10 week count downs which give you 2 free weeks and also if you take someone with you you get a free week :)
I dragged my husband along and my SIL and BIL are coming on Monday

What is your motivation? Why do you want to loose weight?
I have tried sw so many times and never been able to stay at it lost 3st last year and put it all back on plus a few st more :(
My motivation this time is big we want a baby :D been ttc for 15months so need to loose weight to get help
Look forward to hearing your tips and weigh ins each week :) x

Hey, well done on your weight loss so far. I want to lose weight because I've always wanted to, I guess my main motivation is to be in smaller clothes which will make shopping easier. The only thing I'm thinking about joining a group is that I don't want to go to a group when I'm at home as I find it much easier to stay focused here, it's just I want a group during term time but I don't think I can do that.

When I first started uni I used to do that :) I used to just find a join for free offer when I came back to uni or half price membership.
When you join just tell your consultant and i'm sure they'll be fine with you doing that obv it would be cheaper to leave and re join if they talking about you paying missed classes.
I am down as shift worker so that I can miss a class and not pay if I'm on a late in work
Good luck x

yeah maybe i'll try it, the only group I can get to is on a wednesday evening so as long as I think I'll be able to make them in term time then I'll probably go =)

Good luck - looking forward to your weigh ins and tips :)

Hi and :welcome: to the forums, congrats on your weight loss so far!
Onwards and Downwards
Sharkbait1983 x

Hey Katie, 19 year old student myself :) I'm living at home though, so not found it too difficult to attend group. No idea what my timetable will be like when I go back next week, hoping I still have Thursday mornings free to get there! Can I suggest religiously keeping your food diary entirely truthful? I saw you have one already started, really impressed with the choices you've been making so far, especially at that dinner (and the fact that you recorded it and took it out of your syns allowance)! It's the only way to get the most accurate results :)

Ali xxx

hey, thanks yeah i dont see the point in lying to myself about what i eat, hopefully i can go to a group in Durham but we'll see x

Hey, I'm Katie and I'm a 19 year old student. I'm following SW at the moment going it alone but I would like to maybe go to a class when I go back to uni although I dont know if I'll be able to find the money.

A while ago now I was doing W8 and lost 2 1/2 stone in a short space of time, I kept the weight loss off for a long time until last summer and now I'm much heavier than I've ever been at 16st ARGH I don't know how that happened!!

So this time I'm serious and doing this properly =)
Hi Katie, :welcome2: to the forums, you sound really motivated and determined, keep that up and you'll get results in no time!

Totally understand how you feel about not knowing how it happened, I got up to 14st and don't understand how I let myself go to that big, I looked ghastly - down to 13st now and still dropping.

Chat with you soon! :)

PS. You're round my neck of the woods - north east ;)

Welcome Katie, and good luck with your weight loss journey. :)

Back