Hi, I'm New!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Mlouise1990, 5 January 2014.

1. Mlouise1990

Mlouise1990 Member

Hi there!
    My name is Marian, I live in Wales and I'm mum of two little boys.
    I'm a massive reader, if I had half the chance I would lock myself in my room for the entire day and read! Also like to watch movies, take long walks, retail therapy, music. The list of my interests/hobbies are endless.
    So, after having two kids (16 months apart!) and adopting the "I'm eating for two" and "I might as well eat what I want, I'm going to get fat anyway" attitude through both pregnancies I piled on the pounds and put on 5 stone!
    I'm now following slimming world, I'm no stranger to the diet considering this is my fourth time joining! Every time was the same, started out great, and then a week or two down the line I just lost the will to diet and gave up. This time it's different! I'm now 13stone 13lbs and it's the heaviest I have ever been, and on a night out on Boxing night I did nothing but complain about my weight to friends, and that's when I realised that I and I alone have the power to change my body, and no amount of complaining and whining is going to make any difference.
    I rejoined group on Thursday (2/1/14) and started food optimizing the following day so it's only been 3 days so far and so far so good, but I just hope that I find the will and determination to stick to it this time and loose the weight once and for all!
  2. Devon Dolce

Devon Dolce 1lb at a time!

Hello and welcome xxx
  3. clairelt1

clairelt1 Well-Known Member

I'm about the same, mum to 4 Aged 6m, 3, 8 & 10, I've not Lost any of the baby weight yet despite being in group throughout and after pregnancy! I rejoined class on Saturday and I am really egar to get this weight off too.
    I found these forums really helpful and have been sooo good on diet since 27/12 thanks to the support on here. Shout if you need anything and good luck x
  4. lovelyyjo

lovelyyjo New Member

good luck ive started today looking forward to the journey
  5. Kelley!

Kelley! Well-Known Member

Good luck.

I've started (again) today. Not going to group though yet.... Pennies are almost as tight as my clothes. Hopefully going back to group in February though.

Kelley x
  6. abisaurus

abisaurus Well-Known Member

Good morning!

So good to see some more yummy mummys joining!

good luck.x.x.
  7. louise1982

louise1982 Well-Known Member

Welcome:) I pretty much did the same as you. I started at 2lbs heavier than you and now target is within reach. Good luck on your journey x