Hi i'm new

Petrina

Hi i'm new to this site. I've been doing the cambridge for 4wks now and my goal is 8.7. How do you keep going on this diet? Cause I'm getting tired of it already, having no food makes me want food.

Hi Petrina and welcome to minimins :)
How do you keep going on this diet?
For me it was the real determination to get to goal.
having no food makes me want food.
I thought that too, but then I found that having food still made me want food :D

I see you don't have a lot to lose. You don't say how tall you are. Are you at the BMI healthy range yet? Cos if you are, you may really be needing food now..

hi! this site is really good and eveyone gives you lote of encourage ment when you need it most!
you havent go much to lose, are you ss?
maybe you could ss+ or go up to a highter plan?
good luck! x

welcome to mini's :) :) perhaps ss+ or a higher plan would suit you, you would still lose weight and be able to have some food :) xx

Hi Petrina,
I'm new too. In fact, this is my first post.
Started SS on Friday morning. Have to be honest and say I only really struggled at around 4pm on the first day(what a relief) :) I'm managing around 4 litres of water a day and am sure this is helping.
As for food.....had my mother making gingerbread men here for my son yesterday and had a good sniff lol. Could so easily have eaten them all but I resisted.
I realise that I don't just eat when I'm hungry-I eat 'cos I want it not 'cos I need it. Am hoping realisations like this will help me change my attitude to food when I've reached my goal.
I know I probably shouldn't have weighed myself but I've lost 8.5lbs already and it's only day 3 :D
Well, that was a bit of a longer post than I intended.
Good luck to everyone :)

one thing i've noticed doing ss is you realise how often you actually did put things in your mouth. just something as simple as licking jam off my fingers!! my finger nearly got to my lips and i had to go and wash my hands, ha. making a sandwich and having a piece of cheese or something. boredom eating has really been highlighted with me at work recently... it's amazing. i am hoping that i'll be less inclined to do all this when i'm done after so long of not doing it :)

abz xx

I'm an avid weigher and the thrill I get every morning from being 0.5lbs lighter than I was the previous day, sets me up for the rest of the day.

I still struggle when I get in from work, and really want to eat, but I know that it's boredom eating!

Thanks for the replies. I'm 5'2 so I haven't got that much to lose before I get to a bmi of 25. I'm going to speak to my CDC and see if I can move up plans. Whats the losses like when you move up the plans?

Back