Hi, I'm Trixy & I'm a foodaholic.

TrixySlim

Hi everyone,

I have joined as I don't feel I can do this on my own.

Similar to a lot of people, I have been struggling to lose weight for a long time.

I have no will power to stick to a diet whatsoever, I am always looking for some quick fix 'miracle'. I am fairly good with exercise and enjoy getting fit but the exercise isn't doing much if I pig out all the time!!

What diets are working for everyone else? I don't want to be on anything too complicated or expensive as I know those are ready excuses for me to give up.

Please help me,
Trixy

Hey Trixy :) You've taken the first step on your journey to losing weight: joining this forum. I believe it really really helps to have an invisible and non judgmental support network. I hope you find it as beneficial as i do. I'd suggest Slimming World, but then again, I think everyone who replies will suggest you do what they're doing! Take a look on the SW section of the site, just a glance at people's diaries will have you wondering if they're really dieting! If there's ever anything you don't understand with SW, I vow to be your little helper :) Good luck in making your decision, I'm off to eat a full English ;) xxx

Hi Trixy and welcome! You've come to the right place. This forum is full of people in a similar situation to you and everyone is so friendly and helpful and supportive.

I'm in my first week of Slimming World and finding it great, still to have my first weigh in though...eekk....but I have been good so not too scared LOL

What diet interests you? Would you prefer shakes and soup on something like LighterLife or Cambridge Diet or maybe something like Slimming World or Weight Watchers appeal more?? Good luck with whatever you choose!

x

Thank you for your replies.

I live in the Channel Islands and we don't seem to have any Slimming World groups - is it easy to do it straight from the website? (Sorry I don't know much about this diet - will have to do some research!)

I'm not sure I could do the shakes & soups kind of diets - I like feeling like I'm actually eating something - if that makes sense. So maybe something more like WW or SW.

Ok, I am off to do some SW research :) Thank you again

Trixy xx

Hi and welcome. What kind of slimming classes do you have in the Channel Islands?

Irene xx

Thank you :)
We have Weight Watchers and also something called 'Joanne Reid Rodrigues' Slimming Together' - but I heard some unsuccessful stories so have been put off trying that - I am not really sure what her 'Life Transformation Diet' contains without buying it as it doesn't say on her website.

Welcome to the forum :) I do weight watchers and I love it :D I can still eat pretty much everything i enjoy in moderation but i am also learning about lots of nommy new foods aswell :)

I'm new too! I'm doing SW. It all depends what you want from a diet. If you like eating, something like SW is the best as on extra easy there are loads of free foods you can eat!

Back