hi is anyone awake, need help please asap

gemsiebrown

hi, i have been on for 2 weeks and lost 13 pounds but i am supposed to be going to kfc tomorrow, when im in london. i have to eat but i need to know how much damage it will do, ill be straight back on shakes on sat moring but anyonje done this before xx

Hi

I was just wondering, why do you have to eat? Wouldn't you rather stay on track? You could just have a drink! I've been out for plenty of meals since I started & just had some water.

I'd say it was an incredibly bad idea to break it now, especially when you've done so well thus far.

If you do eat you'll come out of ketosis & have to go through the process of getting back into it (& the hunger & difficulty involved...).

Hannah

I'm awake but can't help as i havn't started yet start on monday but i'd not risk a kfc
kill you with fat and calories

k f c

I would think KFC is one of the worst things you COULD eat, deep fried, chicken skin, and breadcrumbs, no doubt chips too. I would steer clear of it and do as advised above, just have a drink.

If you were determined to eat, then I wouldnt eat the chips and open the chicken up and just eat the lean meat. I would think that would just leave you craving for more though. Best to steer clear of it all together.

hi, i have been on for 2 weeks and lost 13 pounds but i am supposed to be going to kfc tomorrow, when im in london. i have to eat but i need to know how much damage it will do, ill be straight back on shakes on sat moring but anyonje done this before xx

Hi not been on forum for a while but I definitely think you shouldn't eat- why undo all the hard work you've put in.
Once you start cheating it's very hard to continue so carry on and go to kfc but only have sparking water and black coffee and you'll be so proud of yourself after.
Good luck x

Why do you HAVE to eat? It is easy to take a shake with you and have it in half of a 500ml bottle of water. Why undo the great work you've done? especially with crap like KFC.

Seriously, just stick to water/black tea/coffee and shake up the shake when you feel hungry.

This is Total Food REplacement, you're not meant to eat. That prob sounds harsh, but it's true.

Don't eat!! You'll feel better for it!

With Elle 100% on this.
This is TFR.....and you just have to tell whoever you are with that you cant eat.

I have had to do that this week with an invite out with my boss, so it is achievable.

I personally wouldnt want to undo all my hard work, and you would be silly to..for what a KFC!!!!! Come on now!!! Shakes are much nicer ;-)

This is probably way too late now, but, ball is in your court, and I would play it safe and be true to yourself.

It is your body and your mouth so no hun you do not HAVE to eat. Noone should put that kind of pressure on you weather you are dieting or not.
If it was a lunch date then just say your stomach is upset and you will just have water. Or say you dont feel well.
Personally I would just take my shake and say I was dieting so KFC is not an option.

Probably too late to give advise but if I was on the diet for as long as you have been there is no way I would destroy all the hard work.

"i am supposed to be going to kfc tomorrow, when im in london"

Supposed to be? What does that mean? Who/what makes someone on a diet, particularly this diet, feel obliged to enter that awful place?

KFC isn't a place people arrange to meet socially is it? Fast food places are for 'drop in', 'drive through' or 'avoid' aren't they, what am I missing here?

Anyway, be like Zammo, 'just say NO' (Grange Hill reference will be lost on many of you youngsters ;) )

Congrats on the 22lbs! Don't spoil it!

Last edited:
I agree it would be CRAZY to ruin all your hard work for a KFC :eek:

DON'T DO IT
It is about being together and not the 'eating' bit.
Personally I have been through this scenario and have found it enlightening to not eat and still enjoy myself. I think that when I can eat I won't pig out just because of peer pressure (I hope so anyway)
The people you go with be impressed with you and you will be impressed with yourself if you don't eat!
good luck
xx

hiya dont ruin all your hard work!!

hey all, well i didnt get the messages before i went but i went a did it anywya and felt terrible so i ate the next day and the next and feel real ashamed of myself, but i am back on track now and i have 17 days till my hen night then my wedding seven days after, im eating and drinking on my hen doo and shakes till the day before my wedding
i hope i can lose another stone but it will be touch and go, i have put oon two pounds for all my stupidity
a lesson to be learned!

To be honest, I'm not sure that there's a massive point in doing a total food replacement if you're eating and drinking in 17 days - you NEED to refeed for a week before drinking.

I really don't mean to be dismissive, or mean, but LT is not meant as a quick fix diet - perhaps you should stop beating yourself up about the cheats and start after your wedding instead? You've probably got enough to worry about so close to the wedding without stressing about food too!

Be a bit kinder to yourself. but good luck with whatever you decide.

hey all, well i didnt get the messages before i went but i went a did it anywya and felt terrible so i ate the next day and the next and feel real ashamed of myself, but i am back on track now and i have 17 days till my hen night then my wedding seven days after, im eating and drinking on my hen doo and shakes till the day before my wedding
i hope i can lose another stone but it will be touch and go, i have put oon two pounds for all my stupidity
a lesson to be learned!

OK I have to be honest here and say my blood is boiling here!!!!:mad:

Have you told all these dates to your pharmacist? You do know that if you want to drink alcohol for your hens you will have to refeed for a week before it??? And eat for the week before your wedding if you wish to drink alcohol at your wedding??

This is the link that explains about Lipotrim and alcohol!

http://www.minimins.com/lipotrim-forum/28768-drinking.html

You need to rethink this. And you do know that you are out of keytosis now having eaten for the last 3 days? So you are now trying to get back into keytosis over the next 2-5 days. Lets say it takes you 3 days. That gives you 14 days to hen. You need to refeed for a week before hens to drink alcohol so that gives you 7 days in keytosis in total for LT to work! 7 days in total between now and your wedding??? You do know it is not good to be hopping in and out of keytosis??

Anyway I will say no more. Maybe you just weren't informed about the diet. But surely you had to watch the DVD????:confused::confused:

no i did it before but i did it well, now tho ihave so much to be going on about but i am going to refeed for 2 days and then do it till my weding idont really care about after because ill be on ww with xenical so i can do it gradually but i just need to get into my dress wich is 2 sizes 2 small. never mind

I dont understand this at all!!! Someone make me see this clearly. gemsiebrown are you serious about doing this diet and losing the weight because reading your posts id say you either dont care that much or you dont fully understand how this TFR diet works. To get into a dress 2 sizes smaller you really need to lose a stone per dress size (roughly) the only way you'll do that is if you stick to it and respect the diet!

Hi,

I think we should give her a break. The diet is supposed to be TFR, is she wants to break it to eat it is her own decision. If she wants to take shakes until the wedding that is her choice.

The thing which concerns me is the alcohol. People have ended up in hospital because of not refeeding before drinking alcohol.

By all means follow the diet by your own means but please for your healths sake talk to your pharmasist about refeed before the wedding. The last thing we want is to hear on your special day your body reacting badly to the alcohol.

Back