Hi! I've A Few Questions About Calorie Counting- Pls Help!

m85912

Only a few more pounds...
Hi all,

I'm currently on Cambridge Diet, and have been so for about 4 months. Since I hit the 10st 5lbs mark, I started calorie counting and have been eating a maximum of 900cals a day... sometimes I won't have my soups/shakes, but will eat, say maybe Nimble wholemeal toast for breakfast, blueberries for lunch/snack, and chicken breasts for dinner...

So I ask, does calorie counting actually work? Or is it better for maintaining the desired weight?

I ate today, for the past 3 days I have been vowing to get back on track with Cambridge but its not worked, rather I've eaten, and eaten 800 cals per day..(like today)

What are the losses like and do you think I should stick to Cambridge?

Sorry for all the questions.
Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

I'm not sure what the programme for re-introducing food is like after doing the CD, but you are not eating anywhere near enough to stay healthy? The average woman needs approx. 1200cals a day to function (breathe, sit, stand, walk around etc), any less than that and your body will start to 'eat' itself. A CD counsellor will be able to advise you better on starting to eat food again, but you will eventually need to eat a LOT more than that!

So I ask, does calorie counting actually work? Or is it better for maintaining the desired weight?

Calorie counting works for both losing weight and maintaining.

I ate today, for the past 3 days I have been vowing to get back on track with Cambridge but its not worked, rather I've eaten, and eaten 800 cals per day..(like today)

Eek. Cambridge is formulated so that you can get all your needs in a such a low calorie count without harming yourself or going into starvation mode. Unfortunately, it's pretty hard to replicate that with a home made calorie counting plan.

If you want to count calories (rather that Cambridge) you need a minimum of 1100-1200 calories a day or it just doesn't work (well....not for long anyway)
What are the losses like and do you think I should stick to Cambridge?

I reckon you ought to stick to Cambridge ;) Maximum loss with minimum fiddling about :)

Back