Hi, let's shift this fat!

mrsP72

This is my diary about my problems, solutions and feelings about things (mainly diet and things to go with it) for myself and perhaps to someone who might benefit of it - or just have a good laugh. I'm always up for a laugh, even on my expense. I seem to think that if I laugh at myself first, it doesn't hurt that bad when someone else does. To be honest, that really doesn't seem to happen, so I might either be really lucky, or just don't see it. But to diet.

This is my first week, Saturday will be my official weight check day. Right now I have only one real problem, so any help and ideas will be happily received. How can I make my shakes when at work? I don't have any shake making thing there, even a manual shaker? I'll rush to local Sainsbury's before hitting bus, but let's see if they have one. I think I need to take another bar or something with me (for breakfast, not yet hungry) just in case.

Right, now I need to go and get ready, see you in evening, and I'll write then more about my day, myself and my goals.

Well done on starting x I’m only a newbie. I have a blender I leave at work but I’m office based so it’s easy for me to just blend one when I’m ready x I take some ice in a flask as well. I normally only have one shake at work at dinnertime and try and save my other 2 packs for on a night x

Thank you Wobbly71 and Darcy 15! :) I work in hospital, always on my feet... that should work for my benefit! Today I had a Chocolate caramel crunch bar for lunch, will have soup for dinner and perhaps a shake or chocolate pudding for evening snack before going to bed. Usually I've had 800 kcal a day, but today it might be 600. I know I'm supposed to check my weight once a week, but I need that extra boost that comes from smaller numbers, so will be checking it tomorrow morning. So far only peanut bar wasn't so good tasting, but it kept me full for longest time.

I use a stistima shaker as work or a hand blender, that I leave in the kitchen.

I tend to have my first product around 10/11, then another 3, and last one at 6.

Hi - started today and seriously considering taking my laptop and working from the Loo today :) :)

Hi - started today and seriously considering taking my laptop and working from the Loo today :):)
:D:D:D I had same problem for couple of first days.... :rolleyes:

Yesterday didn't go to plan... I had my 3 products, then (because I was stupid and timed my products wrong => HUNGRY) I had 150g of Cashew nuts. Yeah, blew it. I did try to learn about it, and today I had my first shake between 8 and 10 at work (sipping when had chance), then a bar for lunch, bit of lettuce and cucumber with chicken and a product for dinner, roughly 800 kcal today. I feel full, and I think I try to use this type of timing tomorrow. As you noticed, I follow manplan, or rather, try to follow it.

I read somewhere that you can make puddings from shakes, I need to find that thread somewhere. I also really love to read your comments and suggestions, I think I try to find small enough hand blender to take to work.

Morning , I’m moving up the plan to the 800 cal. More so because I feel like I am losing really slow on the 600 Cals and hoping it boosts me. Also I’m getting sedation at the weekend to get my eyes done and will have a couple of eggs early morning before I go. Don’t want to feel sickly.

A hand blender would be good at work for the shakes and if you have a microwave the apple crumble is lovely when it’s cold . Just watch it doesn’t bubble over ! I lost half of mine yesterday x x (felt like crying ha😂)

I timed the food yesterday, breakfast at 7:30, lunch and 13:30 planned dinner for 19:30 but then I had a school visit and it ran over so ate a 8pm.
I did have a cup of hot water with 1 tsp of marmite before bed and woke up OK

Morning , I’m moving up the plan to the 800 cal. More so because I feel like I am losing really slow on the 600 Cals and hoping it boosts me. Also I’m getting sedation at the weekend to get my eyes done and will have a couple of eggs early morning before I go. Don’t want to feel sickly.

A hand blender would be good at work for the shakes and if you have a microwave the apple crumble is lovely when it’s cold . Just watch it doesn’t bubble over ! I lost half of mine yesterday x x (felt like crying ha😂)
YES!! I did this with the porridge yesterday!

Today has been better so far, no cravings or anything, at least yet. Double chocolate cookie gives me digestive problems, had unpleasant aftertaste and I didn't like texture. No more that for me. Low sugar strawberry shake was powdery, and white chocolate and raspberry shake was bit tasteless. Blaah. Today I will be still having small salad with chicken picked from chicken sauce made by my lovely husband.

I did go and have a sneak peak of scale, and how on earth have I gained a bit??? Every day I have been under what I use, even when ate those freaking cashews! I'm still functioning, and my body does get energy somehow, it can't come from thin air. My official weigh in day is Sunday, so fingers crossed. :mad:

COBhob14, that's a good idea, might try next week. :)

I checked my weight today, and it's actually roughly 1 kg less than last Monday, so not bad at all! Aaand my hip was 1cm smaller too, so it's working, even when I have to admit, I did eat 2 mini frankfurters in the evening. I craved something really salty, and frankfurters hit the bill. As mini ones, I was thinking it was better than bit of cheese, or something else.

I also picked my meals ready for the day. I still don't feel like breakfast yet, (at 10.20 am) so I'll have it when I feel like it. Weekend off has that lovely thing, I can eat when I feel like it, and not needing to plan it according to my breaks at work. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy my work, but sometimes it's difficult to plan my eating with it, and also drinking enough can be tricky. Having said that, it's easier for me when I'm working, because there's less time to think about food and eating. But now it's weekend, I enjoy my coffee, peace and quiet, and have my breakfast when I feel like it.

I hope you have a lovely day!

Now, ok, I hopped to scale this morning, and my weight was 87,7 kg. All in all, my 86,something had to be some kind of error, since my all other weights have been above it. I deleted it from MFP, so it wouldn't affect to me wrong way - meaning making me think I'm not loosing weight when I really am. In a week I have lost 700 grams, witch is roughly 1,5 pounds. I think I might need to change my weight measurements to stones and pounds, so it would be more accurate.

I have a cold coming. My left ear feels blocked at times and I can't hear well then, but that's about it. I have been craving chocolate, Twix, Snickers, and oh my dear goodness, Kinder Bueno. I could eat Kinder Buenos for all day... they are delicious!!! But I have been able to not to buy them, even when I actually popped into kiosk just for that. I left without it, I'm proud of myself. Instead, when I came home, I made myself a "hot chocolate" from one of chocolate shakes, and that helped a lot. To be honest, it didn't really taste that nice, but it was hot (I was freezing) and it was chocolate. Let's see how today goes, but so far it's been ok.

87,2 kg, or 13st 10.4lb. Not bad! But because it's not my official weight day, I'm not going to put that in. But still my weight and BMI is dropping, so there's some benefit to this cold, I'm not so interested about eating. Shame I have to go to work, but that's life. My voice is going, let's hope I can survive this day. See you later!

Yesterday I ate bit too much... but kept on things that doesn't break my ketosis. In fact they should have made it stronger. This morning I made myself to hop on scale, and nothing had happened to my weight since yesterday. How revealed I was! My both ears are now blocked, no infection, just cold. Funny thing is, my nose isn't running, I don't have fever or anything, just congestion. AAAAND pharmacy refused to sell me anything else to help than Olbas inhaler and oil, because I'm hypothyroid. WTF!!! So they think they know better than a doctor? Really? If this is still bad on Saturday, I'll go to another and get some tablets to open them, and the hell with anything else. I have used tablets for that earlier without any problems, and most likely will do that again. Have a lovely day, I need to get ready to work and go there. It's raining, so I wouldn't want to leave the house. :rolleyes:

feel better soon.x

Weight this morning 86,9 kg, or 13st 9.9lb, bmi 33.95 according to calculator. Getting better, slowly but surely. Well, not so slowly, I think. My cold is advancing, now I also have a bit of cough, and more runny nose. If it means that my ear isn't that blocked, I'm fine with that. I'm also waiting for my next batch of Exante products to arrive, I have only for 2 days including today... I hope they'll arrive soon!

Well, that didn't work! I tried to make pancakes out of almond and vanilla shake, and it was wrong in so many levels. Texture was off, taste was overpowering, and it was extremely difficult to cook. Learned something anyway, just order more lemon pancake meals, they are great.

Back