HI!! New CD'er here :D

MissCroc

I start today!

I have 9 days worth of packs, as my consultant can't see me until next Thursday...

I'm just having a black coffee, wondering which appetising porridge pack I should have ;)

I have 5 stone to lose - and I'm determined to get it off and *keep* it off this time!

Looking forward to getting to know you all, and having some support if and when the going gets tough!

Kelly
xx

Welcome !

V friendly site this you'll be fine and find plenty of support!

Those pounds will be falling off you soon!

Thank you!

I've just realised that I can't stand the porridge. Hmm. I *knew* I should have just gone for all shakes!

I guess it tastes slightly different when it isn't covered in cream and sugar lol! Onwards and upwards, I'll just drink some water or something 8-/

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I would suggest to anyone to buy more than you need to begin with and also try the different flavours to work out what you like and don't like. I think most CDC's will allow you to exchange unused products (within a week or two) but that doesn't really help you now, sorry. :(

Maybe you might grow to like the porridge as your taste buds adjust. Calorie free tablet sweetners are allowed, if that might help.

Welcome Kelly, and good luck with your weight loss. :)

Welcome & good luck Xx

dont worry the hunger shouldnt last long, once your in ketosis the hunger is greatly reduced

until then just keep busy, take a walk, play the games on the arcade here, have a pamper session and before you know it you'll be at your first weigh in doing the happy dance

I'm trying to keep busy, been to the park with the boys, then walked the dog. The house is cleaned to within an inch of its life, which I think just made me hungrier LOL

I'm just realising how much I usually eat, which I guess is a good realisation -- and also because mostly it's just due to boredom/something to do whilst working at the computer.

I've drank two litres of water, and I'm now having a black coffee.

Can't wait for ketosis to set in if that helps not feel hungry, I can't imagine months of this, otherwise 8-/

I bet I sound like such a wimp lol!

I'm so grateful there's a forum for support, and I love it here already :)

Good luck Kelly! I found day 3 the hardest but now I'm in ketosis it's easy, I'm really not hungry!

People knock Cambridge for "not teaching you how to eat" (I disagree with this, that's what the steps are for!) but in many ways it does something better - it gives you a number of weeks with no food where you really have your eyes opened to where you eat more than you should or realise.. To me that's more effective!

Keep glugging the water, your first wi will be here before you know it and then you'll be amazed by your loss!

hey kelly,
congrats on starting CD. :D:D

i'm new to this too. started on tues so just at the end of day 2. going ok for me so far but did have a few cravings today.

this forum is great. so many other people in the same boat and everyone giving each other support. it really helps. why not go over to the weight loss diaries....i find reading them very good and can relate to how many of the other CDers are feeling. i even started writing my own.

the best of luck with ur CD journey. keep posting to let us know how ur getting on.

Emz xx

People knock Cambridge for "not teaching you how to eat" (I disagree with this, that's what the steps are for!) but in many ways it does something better - it gives you a number of weeks with no food where you really have your eyes opened to where you eat more than you should or realise.. To me that's more effective!

I agree with that. Being on the diet really is an eye opener. When my parents did the 1200 step to lose their weight it was interesting to see what they were eating. I know that meals after the steps will be slightly bigger, but it definitely shows how much extra we cook and put on our plates. The only way not to realise and learn from moving up the steps is by skipping them or just not doing them for long enough to take it all in.

Thank you Jaybee!

Good luck to you, too, Emz! Nice to know people that are just starting out, and going thru' the tough bit at the same time :)

Sunflowers -- that sounds right to me, too. I think by elliminating food in this way, it makes you take note of when and why you ate/over ate in the first place, which in itself addresses the problem. I didn't need something like LL with the counselling, I know why I'm overweight , I ate too much lol!

Just having a shake for brekkie, couldn't face the porridge. Not sure what to do about that, because I really can't eat it, and if I use the shakes instead, I won't have enough to last me til weigh in. Hmm. Maybe I'll ring the consultant and see if I can pop over at some point to swap them.
Today is going to be easier....positive thinking! This isn't imposed on me, it's a choice. I can go and eat whatever I like, whenever I like, I'm just choosing not to, hour by hour, because I want to be slim and healthy and not feel like this anymore. I can do it...I can do it...

Hi misscroc and welcome, you sound really positive which is most of the battle in the first few days, I lived on the porridge first time i did cd but this time round cant stand it lol, I would get in touch with her this is tough enough without trying to eat something you cant stand. Are you having any side affects or feeling ok? I suffered terrible for 11 days, but blame that mostly on the fact I had a huge 2 day blow out b4 I started, which my cdc told me off for lol :copon:

I was so tempted to have a blow out, but thought better of it and I'm glad I did!

I feel fine! Don't feel any different in my self at all, other than that niggling ''mmmmm crisps...'' ''mmmmmmm just one starburst...'' ''mmmmmm that bread looks yum...'' But I'm just ignoring it, I'm laughing at myself every time I'm tempted, and having a glass of water instead.

I had the chicken and mushroom soup for lunch, it wasn't too awful -- tastes like the stuff you used to get out of the machine in hospitals lol I think I added the same quantity of salt and pepper as what there was powder though ;)

When I'm out shopping to get my size 10's I'll love myself for not caving! I'm not even particularlu hungry, perhaps because I'm so full up on water. It's more in the mind, used to picking all day long, I eat way too many sweets usually so it's more in the mind I reckon!

Yeh I thought that -- it's lo-salt though ;)

And I was exagerating, it wasn't laden with it....Anything to get me thru the first few days though, I can't give up salt AND chocolate, I'd kill the DH and the kids before the week was out lol

Yeh I thought that -- it's lo-salt though ;)

And I was exagerating, it wasn't laden with it....Anything to get me thru the first few days though, I can't give up salt AND chocolate, I'd kill the DH and the kids before the week was out lol

:8855:very true

Back