Hi new CDers

Hi everyone, just thought I'd pop in and say Hello :wavey:. This is the second time I've done Cambridge. I lost 5 Stone last time:scale:. It's been a year and I've put on a stone in that time (most of which has been in the last month). I'd like to lose that weight again and another stone so tomorrow I'm heading off to see my CDC. I'm keen to get cracking, can't wait.

I don't think I could've done it without the people on line at minimins. Everyone really kept me going!:thankyou:

So as of tonight (I've already had my 'last supper':eating:) I'm back on the straight and narrow. Starting with a clean slate, new ticker and new target!:innocent0002:

hey everyone... im jayne. im planning on starting CD on saturday! seeing my counsellor for first time this week. am hoping to do SS+ if my counsellor agrees it is suitable for me! just want the milk or other meal option. am excited but nervous and feel really ready to start now!! good luck everyone! xx

Hi I am on day six need to loose 42lb am doing ss second time around

Good evening fellow CD's xx :)

I started CD SS on Tuesday. Today being my second full day, nothing has passed my lips, apart from CD Chocolate, vanilla or strawberry. Been drinking 3 litres of water both days + black tea and coffee with sweetex.
My fella is supposed to be on it too, but has fallen off the SS programme so many times I have lost faith. The reason I am doing it is to see if it as hard as he makes out. I weigh 15st 6lb and used to be 10st 4lb at my smallest. At my heaviest I was 16st+++. At present I am a size 16-18 depending on shop sizes.
Fella is 35 stone + and cannot seem to break out of the cycle of eating s*** food. No matter what I cook, he seems to be able t fatten it up by adding mayo/cheese/pudding. Hes been to doctor who said they would write to care trust to see if they can get funding for a gastric band. At moment, fella is sat here eating 4 boiled eggs with black pepper, olive oil and cheese mixed in as he says this will not take him out of ketosis. Will he be in ketosis if he has only done it for 2 days?
Im feeling quite well even though I am a very instinctive person who gets headaches etc when hungry. Im shocked I have lasted this long really. Doing it for 1 week then gonna add a meal.

I have failed on slimming world, as didnt want to carry on the boring/"clap at everyone even if they've put on" classes. Tried on my own by postal membership but just couldnt keep on track. Gosh I sound like a right one today!! LOL.

Anyone any tips? Read on the new site of CD that you can add a meal in your 1st week (called SS+) what meals do you add? is it the green and white foods?

Hi everyone!
im going to start cambridge diet in 2weeks and i cant wait. i just hope i stick to it but im hoping to find support here :)
im finding this website a bit difficult to use and i havent got a clue how to put up a profile pic!! can anyone help me!
rach
x

I started on tuesday, I came across this forum by accident (just by googling Ketostix) and it seems the perfect place to get support :)

Id love to be on a team.

Also how do I get one of the tickers on my posts?

Many Thanks

Hannah x

Hi HanniB,

If you go to the Cambridge Diet Forum there is a post in there to request to join a group.
I'm not sure but there might be space on Team 24 Skinny Beatchs. I'l find out...

You have to post at least 25 times before you can add a ticker :)

Hope that helps x

I started on tuesday, I came across this forum by accident (just by googling Ketostix) and it seems the perfect place to get support :)

Id love to be on a team.

Also how do I get one of the tickers on my posts?

Many Thanks

Hannah x

Post away hun, more you post the more replies you get, The more support you get and there are some laughs to be had here too.

Good luck with your weight loss journey :)
x

Thank you and you.

Cant believe im on Day 4 already and been lucky that the only side effect ive had is feeling a little cold from ketosis, really excited about my 1st WI on monday, yet nervous incase I havent lost anything, I hope i have as ive been doing SS, and havent felt hungry in the evenings and finding myself forcing down the last 3rd shake. Also the finding amount of water you have to drink hard, as before I barely drank...but if I dd it would be with alcohol, dreading a night out (as im a student and havent braved it yet) and i think im going to find that the hardest thing of all.

How did you find your first week? Are you finding it easier? xx

I also have the cold feeling most of the time. Boyfriend wants me to put another layer on all the tim rather than putting the heating on as he isnt cold.
So if im on the sofa i get the huge fleece blanket and curl up with that like i am now.

The only side effect im struggling with is bad breath, im paranoud though. My OH says the only time he notices is when we are really close to each other.
I have been taiking my tooth brush and tooth paste to work with me lol.

There doesnt seem to be any mints you can have (as i was having smints but they contain carbs so not good). There is a spray you can get but only from the chemist....... May have to get it.

The first few days for me were only bad when the tummy rumble started... on my 3rd day they stopped. Now i can watch my OH eating pizza, chips, garlic bread, sausages, bacon etc and not feel hungry. I can enjoy the smell without wanting it.

Im convinced they put something in the sachets haha

The amount of water i drink varies say to day..... the more water i have the less i notice bad breath, the less i have the more likely i am to feel a little headed etc.

Thankfully where i work just past the reception is the toilet so im alright drinking lots during the day, I tend to stop drnking water about 7pm and have a cup of herbal when i get in and then my shake.

When i go to bed i take my bottle of water but i tend to not need any through the night as i have had plenty through the day where as before i was waking up at least 3 times to get squash.

In time you will find a routine and find out the sachets you do/dont like and get comfortable with water intake etc.

Just take each day as it comes hun x

Im like that with my house mates and its quite nice because I can still sit around the table with them and have my shake as they have thier tea and wont even bat an eye lid at the fact they are eatting and im not. If i dont fancy my shake so much or feeling a little hot ill make it in to a hot one mainly the choc mint, which is really nice.

This week i went for all the sweet flavours but i think when i see my CDC im going to get 7 soups so have soup for tea.

Im suprised how healthy i actually feel, i thought id feel tired and grouchy from the low amount of cals, but i feel completely th opposite, only tired if ive had a busy day.

I might have to invest in a fleecy blanket, been looking at halogen heaters, yet my mum said there quite expensive to run. Yet i dont want to go out and buy a warm jumper because it wont fit me in a few weeks (i hope any way lol)

How long have you been on the diet? xx

Halogen heaters are extortionate and yes very expensive to run. You can get a decent size blanket from Argo for about £15.
My OH got this one from Debenhams *roll eyes*
He doesnt do cheap stuff which can be frustrating cos we cant always afford branded stuff etc.

I have been on CD 9 days now :) Lost 8lb's in my first week.

Aww thats amazing, well done and keep up the good work.

Have you just had the shakes/soups? ive found in my 1st 3 days i as quite hungry come tea time, so id have a little bit of a grilled chicken breast or one of the small cans of tuna dry. Not the nicest thing in the world but it seemed to do the trick.

Haha yeah debenhams is so expensive, was looking at perfume in there the other day and they were all like £5+ more than Boots. Ill have a look in Argos, thank you for that :) xx

hi folks! new here, i start CD tomorrow yay! meeting my councillor at her house at 11 so not going to have anything before that so tomorrow can be day 1! hoping to lose around 2 stones, hopefully the majority of that before xmas so i can buy a hot party dress :D
i did a few weeks of LL at the beginning of the year and found it too expensive (i have a 24mnth old girl and i only work 2 days/week). the price was giving my hubby a heart attack so i quit after losing 20lb. basically i've kept it off, sat at a size 14 for most of the year and now i'm ready to attack the rest and get to that lovel size 10-12 for xmas!
weirdly, the idea came to me just last week to do this when i saw a lady who was serving us food in a pub shaking her chocolate milkshake up. made me jealous that she was doing something about her weight and here i was about to tuck into a greasy pub lunch. almost put me off my food! (almost...)
looking forward to reading everyones stories and getting the CD chat,

Lins x

Aww thats amazing, well done and keep up the good work.

Have you just had the shakes/soups? ive found in my 1st 3 days i as quite hungry come tea time, so id have a little bit of a grilled chicken breast or one of the small cans of tuna dry. Not the nicest thing in the world but it seemed to do the trick.

Haha yeah debenhams is so expensive, was looking at perfume in there the other day and they were all like £5+ more than Boots. Ill have a look in Argos, thank you for that :) xx

You getting on ok with the sachets? When you next see your CDC aske her about adding another sachet till your in Ketosis, that might just bridge that gap of hunger your getting hun.

Let me know how you get on :)

x

Hiya, I have been doing great with WW but tempted to get results quicker :) I have been following shanny24 for a while and I am really inspired with such a terrific results. Also seeing Hayley22 last WI I am confident CD is a way to go. So girlies, please can I join as well :)

Hiya, I have been doing great with WW but tempted to get results quicker :) I have been following shanny24 for a while and I am really inspired with such a terrific results. Also seeing Hayley22 last WI I am confident CD is a way to go. So girlies, please can I join as well :)

Hello hunni, its nice to see who has been lurking in the background :D
How long have you been doing WW?
x

Back