Hi New here day five for me (already!!)

missal

Hi everyone,

Just thought i'd introduce myself, i had a look at this site a few nights ago (this was when i decided to try sf)

I had already cut down to 1200 calories a day for two days and just decided hat sf would help in the instances where i was too unorganised to have sorted out a suitable low calorie meal (which was quite often given the fact that i have four children!!) I have found myself having a shake for breakfast every morning and swapping between a 250 cal meal or another shake then a sensible meal on a night with no snacks in between.

Surprisingly i am sticking to this well, this must be what people meant by you'll do it when you're ready (i thought it was a load of rubbish and that i was just always going to be fat but it's true i am just so focused on doing this it's amazing!)

I am going onto day 6 tomorrow which i am absolutely thrilled about, i am now thinking about incorporating a bit of exercise (!)

Its definately worth a go.

Does anyone

I know what you mean about it working when your ready, I have wanted to loose weight for years but have never lasted more than a week. The change came in october when I saw pics taken on my birthday night out and i suddenly realised I didnt recognise myself anymore, ive had 2 children close together and piled on weight through both pregnancies. I have a overall target of 6 stone but am doing it in stages so it doesnt look so scary! Good luck with everything!

Welcome to Minimins Missal. Weight never bothered me, I knew I was seriously overweight and my dad was always telling me to lose it else I'd die before I hit 25 but it didn't seem a big deal to me and then like you something just happened and I was ready I couldn't pin point an event but I'm glad it happened.

thanks for the replies, i always thought i was over weight from about my teen years (am now 25) but then about 7 years ago i feel i started having a weight issue, but when i look back to when i was younger i think i wasn't even over weight but was so self concious.

Anyway, i have always though i need to have one of those moments where i think omg who gross do i look and for it to make me diet - i have never had one of these plenty of disgusting pics of me etc but never enough for me to want to do something about it.
Last week i decided to see someone about some slimming tablets and even she put me off them but i persuaded her that i needed them, i took one on the first day and haven't taken anymore - this weight loss has all been down to me and not the slimming tablets as i thought i may need for support. I had an appointment to pick up another lot of tablets today and for a weigh in but i didn't bother going i just spent the money that i woiuld've on the tablets on a new set of scales for myself!
PS the tablets were prescribed by a doctor not dodgy slimming pills! who would've though i can do this myself!

Good on you, I bet it feels so much more rewarding knowing it's all your hard work! It can't be easy running around after 4 kiddies and trying to fit everything in! Maybe for exercise you could get them involved? A game of football in the park or swimming etc?

I would love to take them swimming but my local pool has a rule of one adult per two children under 8!! - a problem for me! My eldest son will be eight next september and wanted to get to it before then!
The dog is vacinated as of thursday so shall be taking him out once a day to start with hopefully onto twice a day - we'll see xx

sounds like a plan! I'd love to have a dog to go walking with, live in a flat though so never mind! Let us know how you get on x

Back