Hi newbie here

Have a look at the list of veggies you are allowed on my stickie post love.

Made it through Day 3 not had many 'atkins flu' symptoms apart from achy legs. Got some ketostix to check how I'm doing and I'm in ketosis yay :D

brill :D
achy legs will be salt - make sure you drink plenty of water

LOL Athena, the joys of ketostixs. ;)

The Atkins Community - the official Atkins site - frowns on ketostix now as a way of measuring ketosis! They say that results are often misleading and that the stix are more likely to indicate the level of dehydation than the level of ketones in the urine.

I don't use them much these days. Indeed I only use them at all because I bought three packs on offer last year!

If they reassure you, fine. However if you are feeling a lessening of appetite and sticking well to your plan you are almost certainly in ketosis. Even the very faintest blush on the stix indicates this. And you can see no colour change at all yet still be very much in ketosis!

Good luck with Atkins!

I understand what you are saying, I'm new to this so it was nice to have some reassurance even if you say it's 'frowned upon' lol. I'm following the plan properly so as you say would be in ketosis.

Last edited:
hi well done in ur lose :D keep up the good work.

Im new here and just starting atkins today, got alot to read up on and learn too. its all changed since i last done the atkins diet over 7yrs ago :8855:

Hi Saphy, LOL, Like the Nick. :D

Back