Hi Newbie here

Caress

Silver Member
Hello

My sister spooky put me onto this site, I've started cambridge this morning. So far, so good, haven't started with the hunger pangs yet, but I'm expecting them to start at some point, but I'm equipped to cope, after all I have the best cdc out there.. My sister..

I have at least half of my body weight to shift, I'm currently 27st 5lb, not my proudest accomplishment by a long shot, I never thought in a million years I'd get this big.

I had a hysterectomy almost 2 years ago, cos I had a benign tumour on my ovary, but as a single Mum, I couldn't rest as much as I should have, and did too much, so I ended up with a hernia. They won't operate till I've lost enough weight, so that's the big plan, to lose the weight, so I can get it sorted out and hopefully have something done about scar on my stomach. Not only that, I'm tired of being this heavy, tired of getting backache when I walk more than 100 yards, tired of having to go to Evans and pay a blooming fortune for clothes, I'd love to be able to go to a shop like New Look or Primark and get something to wear.

I've tried so many diets and I lose some, but it always creeps back on again. So now I'm getting desperate and I've seen that Cambridge works.

Another newbie here

Hi Caress,

I'm new too, about 3 stone to lose, and on my third day. Day one was fantastic, yesterday I was alone in the house and all those Christmas leftovers were shouting to me from the kitchen! This morning they have all gone in the bin so day 3 should be better.

Its great that you have the support of your sister. My close friend has started on the diet and we have been constantly on the phone and text to each other. Moral support is so important. Found this site today and there seem to be lots of interesting accounts, and looking at the members great weight losses too.

I wish you all the luck in the world

:talk017::talk017:
Hi Caress,
I'm starting tomorrow and have 111pounds to lose, about 8 stone.
I'm doing Lipotrim but I hear it's similar.
I'm really excited. If you ever feel like you need a kick of motivation look at the inspiration slideshow, or just post here and your always gaurenteed positive responses.

Looking forward to hearing more about your loss, keep posted.

Love Daisy,
xxx

Welcome Caress.

With a Sister like Nicky behind you for the encouragement and support you will be fine.

Good luck with your journey

HM

Welcome welcome spooksters sis!! Good to have you in the gang, nothing I can tell you by way of advice that Nicky will not have already but we will all be behind you every step of the way.

Look forward to hearing about your journey and getting to know you better.

Georgie
xx

Hi Caress,

I'll walk this road with you if you allow me. I've seen 27st too (Oct. 2007) and I re-started CD this year at 26st 1lb. I can relate to what you're saying.

So welcome on board, together we can make it.

You can do it Caress, you'll have fantastic support and encouragement from your sister spooky :D
I know it seems really daunting when you have so much to lose, i started in june weighing 25stone,5lb and have now lost almost 10 stone.

Look forward to seeing how you get on, lots of luck :)

Thanks everyone, I'm feeling very positive today, hungry now, but determined not to indulge. Was hard watching my son eating earlier, I ended up having to leave the room and guzzling down more water to fill me up. Thank you all for your words of support, they're very much appreciated and give me the boost I'm needing. Day one wasn't so bad, day two won't beat me either.

Plus, I'd love to be your buddy, spooky has tried to message you for me, cos I don't have them yet, to swap e-mail addresses. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with a long hard road to go.

I am quite new here too and all I can say is the threads I have read, the comments I have recieved the few times I have posted tell me that this place is so warm and caring and supportive so with everyone here behind you 110% you wil always have people to turn to if you need to talk or just need someone to say you can do it!

Plus, I'd love to be your buddy, spooky has tried to message you for me, cos I don't have them yet, to swap e-mail addresses. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with a long hard road to go.

Hi ya Caress,
I'm without PM privileges yet either. I managed to receive a PM from D-Q yesterday, but no new ones yet. I've started a diary in the diary thread (there's a link in my signature) so maybe we can catch up there until we're sorted with the PM thing. Very happy to buddy up.

Welcome Caress and good luck with your weight loss journey.

I re-started again this morning and have about 8st to lose (although I'm carving my goals into small achievable chunks to make it less daunting).

At my heaviest I was 22st so I know how it feels to cart a lot about - I'm only 5' 2" so it was a heavy burden ('scuse the pun!)
I got down to 12st 7lb at the end of 2006 but for various reasons piled it back on again. Oh well - what's done is done; now it's time to put it right.

You'll get heaps of support here so, head down, and soon you'll be at goal. :)

hi

Hi Caress, you can lose this weight with your own will power and determination, plus i dont think Nicky will let you give up easily LOL.
if you need anything post someone will answer you within minutes
Lolly
xxx

It's time to update this thread and let you know how I'm getting on. I'm on day 7 now, had a couple of days where I've felt low and rough, had some hunger pangs that've made me sleepless, BUT I haven't given in, I haven't eaten anything, I've stuck to the diet religiously and my first weigh in at just over 5 days, showed I'd lost 13lb. Shows it works and has given me the boost to keep going with it.

I find add a meal week worrying, so I've decided to have a meal once a week, so today I'm going to be having fish and brocolli at tea time, so I can sit down with my son and eat.

Back