Hi, newbie starting Monday 22nd from Exante

PrincessKat

Hi guys and girls.

I'm starting Monday but Thursdays will be my actual group. Just want to get started so going to my old leaders group to get into it and will attend group a week Thursday again. This also helps as I know my weight will go up before it goes down as Exante is a VLCD so 11 days before wi will help it settle without putting me off.

Has anyone moved straight from a VLCD before? I'm planning to do mainly red and then over 3 weeks introduced EE and green as I'm a carb queen but going straight to carbonara and risotto would not help lol.

So anyway HI!

P.S, if anyone has the speed soup recipie it would be greatly received, I remember it involving lentils, pasata and beans but it's been 2 years since I was last with SW.

Hi there and welcome x
I did exante and than slim and save for nearly 2 months and nearly lost 2st and than i stopped due to family issues. 2 weeks later and 8lbs heavier i rejoined slimming world. After rejoining slimming world i realised that if i did follow it properly and stayed within my syns i lost about the same amount i was losing weekly with the vlcds and actually enjoying myself whereas with the vlcds i was so down and felt left out of everything!

Lol i dont blame you going straight for the carbonara and risotta i really missed my everything and went a bit mad on carbs when i stopped x

Wow Safia, that is almost exactly my story. Although I had a night out last weekend and couldn't get back on that's why I stopped. Want to go ASAP to stop a huge gain although I had a cheese and wine evening last night (bumped unto my SW leader whole buying provisions LOL).
I'm planning to do 5 red and 2 EE first week. As I said, going straight to green will prob not work.
Can't wait, got my meal planner out and everything. Going to find dome soup recipes and crack out the slow cooker, then freeze it for later. I live on my own so individual portions will be very handy.

Thats the prob with vlcds once you stop its very hard to get back on and i have around 18 days worth of slim and save that i just cant face so will either sell them or bin them sooner or later. lol i really appreciated and still do sw after doing the vlcds x

Hello :) this could also have been my story!! I did slimming world last year lost 2 stone then did vlcd lost 4 more stone came off that and went to ww and haven't enjoyed it and now I'm starting slimming world again this morning!!!! Not long till the christmas party and my wedding in may 2013! Good luck everyone x x

Hiya! I came over from calorie counting last week i was worried the same as you but lost two pounds on my first week! I just kept my syns low and carried on with my normal weekly exercise with a mixture of ee and green. Good luck! Xx

Good luck to us all!
Think I've seen some of your vlcd posts Sarah. I tried WW last year, all the counting and weighing just depressed me.
I've been and joined this morning and got some staples in. Had porridge for brekkie, will be having a Fry(lite) up for lunch and then a big ass plate of extra garlicy three colour carbonara that I know off by heart these days. Was trying to hold off but I want a big old carb binge ha ha.
Plan is to really study the book again, it's too easy to say "i know what I'm doing" and get it wrong. Will be using my recipie books to make a meal plan/shopping list and hit ASDA tomorrow :) excited for unlimited curries, stews, rice and pasta.

Yes you can have pasta as you know, just be careful that you dont overeat on it. The aim is to eat until youre full, then stop. They used to say "pile your plate high" which has now been replaced by "eat till youre full". I am sure you will do well on S W. Its the way to go, normal good healthy food and no hunger. Let us know how you go on. We are all here to help and support each other :)

Loving my first day on it 100%! Had big brekkie of,
2 morrisons sausages (2 syns)
3 Bacon medallions
Beans
1 Scrambled egg
Mushrooms
Half grilled tomato
2 tbsp ketchup (2 syns)

Apple for mid morning snack

Lunch
2 ryvita (hex b)
3 laughing cow light + 1 mini babybell (hex a)
Turkey breast
Loads of veg sticks and cherry toms

Got speed soup in the slow cooker and 2 pineapples and a melon to chop and freeze. Will finally make that carbonara tonight and then have branflakes (syned) topped with total 0% mixed with a white chic options (1 syn last time but will double check, works out at half a sachet per serving) and a shed load of mixed summer berries for pud.

Will start a diary on here eventually but I'm writing as I'm biting on my food diary which is already a bit messy LOL.

Back