Hi newbie to this

Lexie2005

5:2 lover
I've been prescribed Xenical today and am excited & nervous about it.... Just been having a quick read and seen tango mentioned a few times, now here I am thinking am I gonna suddenly looking like Dale Winton or is it something much more sinister to do with side effects. Sorry if I'm being stupid....

Hi Lexie,the tango effect is orange poop lol. Basically if you eat too much fat on these tablets then it will come out in the form of oily bright orange poop, and can also leak and catch you unawares....dont wear white trousers lol.
This only happens when you eat over the fat gram allowance tho, so as long as your are well behaved you should be fine x

Thank you, I'm still being a bit dense though. My doc gave me no advice apart from to eat healthy but if I did that I wouldn't be mahusive like I am lol! I read somewhere less than 5% fat so I'd be ok with things like chicken breast & tuna with veggies & new potatoes I take it

I found the best thing to do is read the labels on EVERYTHING.
First you look to see how many grams per fat per 100g serving, if this is more than 5g dont touch it.

If it is less then you have to work out exactly how many grams you are going to have for your dinner and how many grams of fat is in that.

Stick to 15g of fat per meal and you will be fine.

use things like fry light for cooking in instead of oils, and steam your veg. fish is fine but I had salmon on wednesday and i was "tangoed" 2 days later, so I think it is just trial and error. x

Most welcome hun, i'm a newbie to it all myself but always nice to know there are other people in the same boat as you :) x

Good luck with your weight loss. Myfitnesspal.com is really helpful giving you fat and calorie content on most foot. You can also download it to your phone.

Thanks Karen, I did that earlier, I had used Nutracheck before but you had to pay for that so am really pleased with a free one!

im on fitnesspal too hun hobnobsmummy85 if you want a friend on there.

Back