Hi started the cambridge diet

Hi everyone. I'm starting CD again tomorrow, and am really excited. Have done LL before (4 years ago) and lost 6 stone, have kept a lot of it off but have to every now and again reign it in and find that CD works for me. Have 30lbs about to lose but that gives me a BMI on the low side of normal. Everyone tells me I look ok still (in fact everyone always seems to have an opinion about weight, including telling me I looked gaunt when I had a BMI of 22 and had reached all my goals and dreams)
I have to do whats right for me and this is it.
Starting tomorrow as have cleared the social calender for a few weeks to remove temptation, this helps me achieve what I set out to achieve. Meeting my old school friends tonight, we do this about every 10 weeks and seeing as its 25 years plus since we left school its like just carrying on as usual - its great. Anyway I won't ask for luck as theres no luck involved its just determination and sticking rigidly to the programme, but its good to have the thread for support along the way. Have just read Gems blog, and its reminded me of the ups and downs along the way. Your doing great girl so keep it up
J

have decided to start a blog about this part of my journey so that I can look at what drives me and what pulls me down. Wasn't too hard to set up, so have met todays computer challenge. Can't figure out how to do my avatar though, can't get the box to unpin which says I don't want to use one .
J

slight hiccup. click on my blog link and it opens the ticker. sorry , perhaps challenge wasn't quite as easy as it seemed
j

just started cd again

hi there

just restarted cd again today (8/11/08), after taking a bit of timee off from it due to chronic constipation!!..

I'm motivated and ready to go again, so need as much support as possible :)

Have lost 3 stones since May 08 and have 3 stones left to go.

want to at least lose a stone for christmas - only 6 weeks away.. let's hope I dont slip up in the meantime :)

Shazia

it's so hard too keep up, but persist with it. the first time that i did it my headaches lasted for 3 days but you can take non-sugar coated paracetomol if you need to - this wont affect your weight loss :)

I actually to be honest with you, was good on it until yesterday (monday) as i started my period and i just coulddn't for the life of me fight off my chocolate craving!!.. i felt so guilty that i have jumped back on cd again today!!.. motivation and persitence is the key :).. let me know how you get on!. how much have you got to lose??

shazia xx

hi snowflake
Good to hear your back on it today, put the blip behind you and learn from it.
I'm on day 3 today, usually crash and burn day 4 or 5 so am a bit worried about the next couple of days
J

i normaly give in on day 4 or 5 aswell, but this time i have emptied out my cupboards and fridge/freezer, so there are no temptations in the way :).. just got to lose a stone for christmas, want to get into that size 14 dress if i can.

i have so far dropped from a size 22 to a size 16, but would love to get back into my size 10 clothes again!!

isn't putting on weight such an easy task but trying to lose it is a great challenge ??? :)

hi snowflake
How much have I got to lose? well 32lbs will take me to 11 stone. When I did lighterlife a few years ago i lost nearly 6 stone and got down to 10 stone 10, which gave me a normal BMI, however I really struggled with keeping it below the 11 stone mark, and then kind of allowed myself to be 11 stone something which was soon 12 stone, and hence I am not about 13 stone again. Not sure where I'm comfy at. Have to remember that I'm classed as middle aged now (43) and I might have spread. Don't want to set myself unachievable goals but then again don't want to settle for less than what I want. So will give it a go and do my best and see where I end up
J

hi Snowflake, your right about it being easy to put back on. I got down to 11 stone 10 in august, went to my best mates wedding in my size 14's (photos suggest that size 10-12 would be better), then went to Turkey for 2 weeks. Don't normally drink (never really started again after lighterlife) but had about 5 drinks in the fortnight, didn't go mad re food, and had lots of exercise, swimming, walking etc. Anyway got back and had put on about a stone and a half. Since then have put on another 10 pounds. I know how its happened, its cos I've taken my eye off the ball, piddled around starting CD for 2 or 3 days then thought stuff it. I also was going to the gym and classes before holiday to get in shape and that had all gone by the wayside. Am determined that this time I will do it
J

you will easily achieve any goals that you set yourself. It's fantastic to hear that you lost 6 stones on lighter life - well done you!! :)

I originaly started n lipotrim (through my GP), but found the shakes limited and quite boring really.. so Im glad i found CD

I have a great councillor who will be phoning me tonight too see how I am getting on.. dont want her to get mad at me for having my slip up!! eeeek :)

I don't know about liposuction, its looks brutal and I must say excess skin was more of a problem, when I lay down it looked like chicken skin, can't afford to get that sorted though
J

my stomach looks like a deflated baloon at the moment, but when i lie down it looks perfect :).. us women dont have strugle with our weight situation, do we????

My GP at one point prescribed me xenicol tablets to help me lose weight (the tablets work like a colonic irregation effect).. having said that they didnt work for me :).. Ive tried weight watchers, slimming world etc.. but the only way i can discipline myself is through cd.

sometimes I lie awake and think, if only i could sleep for a month or two and wake up slim :)

Hi snowflake, yes I know , been there done that. I did micro diet (like CD) years ago when I was about 18, have done weight watchers, slimming world, have had xenical from GP, then I discovered lighterlife which worked for me. I never did maintenance though which was a mistake (as my counsellor packed it in and we all thought we were invincible at that point, took about 140 days to lose 5 stone 10. Have bought hoodia since then, can't say it didn't work and I forgot to take it most of the time. There really aren't any quick fixes and the thing in my brain which tells me its ok to treat myself like a dustbin keeps popping up. Cognitive behavioural therapy with lighterlife did work though and I know a lot more about myself but I would recommend to anyone on LL to do maintenance.
J

Welcome to Minimins :)

you shouldn't be disappointed with any weight loss.. It's fantastic that you have lost over a stone in just 3 weeks!.. at least the weight is coming off!.. stay positive and continue on your journey

Shaz xx

Back