Hi there am a newbie

Keara31

I've just signed up to sw all on my own couldn't persuade no one to go with me:(

so I'm hoping I'm going to lose a lot of weight fingers crossed.
im doing my food diary but I think it's all wrong I'm trying to do recipes with all my super foods in which I was told to concentrate on not having much luck..

a very confused newbie. X

Hi and welcome :)

Nothing wrong with joining up on your own, i think most of us did! I'm sure you will make a few new friends along your journey.

Post a food diary and people will help you with whatever your confused with x

Hi
I only started mon gone

Not attending a group as I've got all the books at home n a busy schedule at the mo but prob join in a few weeks. Well done for still going alone I sense from your post you'r preference was to have a diet buddy..... Well you're on minimins so now you have hundreds lol! I think it best to Join alone, if you have a buddy that stops going etc you tend to follow suit so none of that!

I think first few weeks keep it simple that's my plan anyway! You can go with all the recipes from day 1 but nothing wrong with plain old steak n huge salad (ive had it twice this week lol)

I have a food diary too! Nobody's posted on mine yet but if I'm not losing etc il have it there n kindly ask in the main bored for ppl to take a look n direct me!

So here's to getting skinny xx

Thanks girls well I did have a friend go with me but she left in first 10 mins didn't want to stay for the hour so was left all alone;-) but I stuck it out I've put on 5 stone and I plan to lose it..

with the food diary I've had cottage pie I made myself now where does tht go free food super food or syns then I done chilli with mash and had the same problem, now I'm like what do I cook tomorrow for dinner that's going to be syn free I know this sounds like I'm really stupid i just completely go blank, I went shopping and just walked around with bag of salad in my trolley thinking err what should I buy:-/.

dreading weigh in incase I not lost nothing :-(
keara x

Hey! Well done on committing to SW :)
Some tips that I've found handy...

1. Plan- don't go shopping without knowing at least a few meals that you plan to make during the week. Buying SW food can become expensive if you don't plan-the majority of things are made from scratch so it's important to know exactly what you need to buy for each meal.

2. Cook in bulk/Freeze leftovers- I do it alone, no one else in my house follows it which means that if I'm making Spag bol I have to defrost a whole packet of mince for myself. Obviously I can't (nor want to ) eat all of that in one go but what I do, do is make a BIG batch of spag bol and then portion off the remainder in to sandwhich/freezer bags and freeze. Meaning that I have quick and handy meals at the ready as and when I need them.

3. To get to grips with free, superfree, HE's and syns you really need to study your book. Perhaps go through and highlight foods that you plan on eating regularly or make a list of the foods that you eat regularly? That way they'll be at hand quickly. You'll find you'll learn the value of quite a few foods quickly.

4. Read through the food diaries on here. You'll find LOADS of interesting meals and suggestions on what to have. Don't be afraid to ask questions and for recipes. Everyone's really helpful.

5. I personally don't go to group but utilise your consultant. Ask questions, if you need to sit in on the new members talk again then do it. That's what he/she is paid for and it's only right that you use the service that you are paying for.

Hope that's been some help, there are lots of people on here with a really in depth knowledge of the plan who have followed it for years who I'm sure will also have some advice for you but I hope that's a start. Good luck!

Thank you I'm going to next meeting going to go through it with my group, I'm glad I found somewhere to talk to other slimmers.

Keara x

Hi Keara,
Welcome to MiniMins. Here you will find all the support and help you need with your Weight loss journey.:whacky068::whacky068::whacky068::whacky068:
Have fun and enjoy. The very best of luck.:)

Hi Keara welcome to minimins. Remember that 1/3 of your plate/meal should be superfree, this gives you 2/3 of your meal to use free foods, (or include healthy extras and syns in your meals if you want to). I think by saying to focus on the superfree, your consultant probably meant to ensure you don't overlook them, as they are an important part of the success of extra easy plan, however to make a meal entirely from sf food would be tricky and probably not very satisfying.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, it takes a bit of time to get your head around it but when it does it falls into place and you don't really have to think about it x

And a big warm welcome from me too! You have joined such a good weight loss plan not a diet. It is sustainable for life, I have been at target almost 12 months now. You will soon get to grips with the HE's, superfree, syns, free if you keep reading your books. Please dont be afraid to post questions on here, there are lots of people lurking who are only too pleased to help. If you are struggling with your food diary, perhaps if you post it we can help you. And remember to fill in a diary for the first four weeks like they ask you to. Your consultant should mark it up if there is anything not quite right and that will help you in the coming weeks. You will lost weight on S W if you follow plan properly. People who say it doesnt work havent followed it correctly. I am sure you will enjoy all the meals too. It just takes a little time to get to understand it, then it will be second nature when shopping. Hope this helps :)

Thank you I have never felt so welcome on a group, so far I've had a lot of free foods not to many sf but I'm going to get the mag tomoz and do some recipes I think that's what I'm struggling with what to cook,

if I cook cottage pie do I put cottage pie or everything I used in my pie?

Keara x x

Hi Keera,

I've not long started back on SW, (going to group on my own too) been doing my diaries for a few weeks now. I tend to put each meal across the diary in 1 line - so when making something like Cottage pie, would put the SF and Free foods in correct box but keep them together on same rows.

AMB

Yes there are different ways of doing them, but basically your c wants to see all your food itemised for the week, ie if cottage pie for example the extra lean mince,potatoes would go in the free section. The onions,carrots,mushrooms and any other veg would go in the superfree section. Remember sweetcorn and beans are free not superfree. Hope this helps. Just bob on with any other query. :)

Right I think I'm slowly getting used to it I think, still dreading weigh in what if I've lost nothing I know I sound defeatist I've been getting on my scales every day and there not moving I think they should go stop me fretting so much.

Keara xx

Back