Hi there

Mets

Gold Member
Hi all :)

I've been a lurker to this forum for around a year. I started off reading the Atkins threads when I was doing that but this year, I've decided I need a more balanced way of eating. So I joined SW on 09/02/10.

I lost 4lbs in my first week, I wasn't able to make the following weeks WI (due to working shifts) and this week I put on 1lb :eek: BUT I was expecting it as I had been very naughty over the weekend with lots of beer and kebab! however i'm back on track now!

Thought I'd best give you all a wave as I've decided I'm going to start posting, as I always have loads of questions! :D

Looking forward to chatting to you all

Mets xx

Welcome!
I did Atkins for a bit a few years ago - worked but was just too hard work and not sustainable. SW is the way forward!
I have had no beer this year, and def none since starting SW! Know as soon as the festival season starts I will be back on beer though! Also had a few kebabs, but gone for shish which I guess is not that bad!
Good luck in your weight loss journey!

I think its fine to be naughty sometimes- just don't complain if the results aren't what you wanted!!! (and you didn't!)

SW is about being able to maintain a healthy diet going forward and still be able to live! (i say this as i recover from my bottle of wine last night! :rolleyes: )

Aww thanks ladies :D

I did like Atkins H*Bomb and I worked great - I lost a stone and was able to maintain it - but like you said, it's hard work and not really practical. I'd read about SW and thought, why not! It sounds sensbile and also, a plan that you can custom to fit around your lifestyle too.

I've got my sisters birthday party this weekend, so I need to really good and make some sensible choices. Any tips for drinks? Would something like G&T be best??

Aww thanks ladies :D

I did like Atkins H*Bomb and I worked great - I lost a stone and was able to maintain it - but like you said, it's hard work and not really practical. I'd read about SW and thought, why not! It sounds sensbile and also, a plan that you can custom to fit around your lifestyle too.

I've got my sisters birthday party this weekend, so I need to really good and make some sensible choices. Any tips for drinks? Would something like G&T be best??

Vodka and diet coke, G&slimlineT (which no-one ever has), straight whiskey, shots of Jagermeister, bottle of wine! It is all good - just make sure you have the syns for it and stay clear of the beer :D

and stay clear of the beer :D

My downfall!!!! :D

Straight whiskey?!! :eek:

Ok, I'll have vodka & diet coke and G&T (slimline). 2.5 syns for a vodka and diet coke is good actually. I thought it would be more than that... bonus!

Thanks Ladies

:eek::eek::eek: Oh I do beg your pardon H*Bomb :eek:

I assumed all the people here were lager drinking birds like me!!! :D

Sorry...

:eek::eek::eek: Oh I do beg your pardon H*Bomb :eek:

I assumed all the people here were lager drinking birds like me!!! :D

Sorry...

It's OK - I think everyone on here assumes everyone is female!

I can def vouch for knocking the beer on the head though!

hi, now alcohol syns I'm good on for some reason :rolleyes:

25ml serving is 2.5 syns
35ml serving is 4

and that is true of vodka, brandy, whiskey and gin.

Welcome and good luck! :)

Back