Hi There...

Flux

Hi,

I'm kat from manchester. Im 28 years old and currently weigh about 280lbs. I have always been a larger lady but as it stands this is the largest ive ever been, and honestly it just isnt sitting right with me. :sigh: Ive never really been thin, even as a child but i feel uncomfortable in my own skin at the moment. I think my turning point is realising that as getting older, if i dont do anything about my weight its going to affect not only my health but my future life and my wishes to be a mother. Being obese has never really held me back in life as ive always been a very optimistic and happy person. I have a wonderful circle of friends and a gorgeous boyfriend who assures me he loves me the way i am. I have a friend who is large like myself and is trying for a baby, she was told to lose weight and it got me thinking that in the next few years i would like a child myself. I dont want to have to put my life on hold because of my weight. I find dieting dificult to say the least, since the age of 15 i have tried many diets and weight loss programs including atkins (which i lost 3 stone, but put back on) and weight watchers (i was starving all the time). I found this website because im at a point where i just need to change my life. I want to be able to walk for distances without falling behind or being seriously out of breath, i want to be able to go into a shop and buy the kind of clothing that i often look at my thin friends wearing.

Im not even sure what my goal will be, but if i can get down to size 16 even that would please me greatly. Anyway, i look forward to getting tips and chatting to you all, and hopefully reaching my goal in the near future :)

Hi Kat, it sounds to me that maybe you got bored on other diets? You were able to lose 3 stone before but presumably have put that weight back on so therefore maintaining your weight is something you need to think about before starting a diet plan again.

Identifying what you eat and why and how much is perhaps your first step and have a read through some of the posts on here to find someone with similar eating habits or lifestyle and find what plans they are doing/using.

You've made the first/hardest step in realising that you have to lose weight to be more healthy and start a family. You have a cracking incentive as you can visualise yourself huffing and puffing, struggling to run around after a toddler or you can visualise yourself fit and trim having loads of fun with your child. x

Hi Kat welcome and good luck with your weight loss.

hi and :welcome: to the forums. Good luck with the pounds

Sharkbait1983 x

Im hoping to start slimming world so hopefully this will be the one for me :)

Hi Kat and welcome. You'll get lots of support from here. SW is great as you won't be hungry and it teaches you to make healthy choices. Good luck with your journey.

Back