Hi there!

Love the shirt post x v happy for u x

Hi all
Just to say lost another 3lbs and my jeans kept falling down over the weekend...forgot to take my belt!
Keep up the good work all!!
hugs

Latest weigh in just done, another stone dropped. thats 39lbs in 6 weeks and i am feeling so much better than i used to!

I love this thread! You're all doing so well, and I really enjoy hearing about how happy you all are fitting into old favourite clothes! I've had loads of clothes up in the loft for years that I've brought down to wear, and a lot of it is just too big now, so I can see a new wardrobe heading my way!

I am constantly cold, I spent the whole day wrapped up in a blanket and my feet and hands were still frozen. I'm happy to endure it as long as the ketosis sticks around!

I had a lousy weight loss at my weigh in last week, only 700g, and it's so demotivating and lousy. But I sucked it up, and this week was over 4lbs. It's all coming off in terms of inches though, so I am less worried about the scales, and more interested in my actual size. 11 inches in 4 weeks sounds nicer than 20lbs!

I love this thread! You're all doing so well, and I really enjoy hearing about how happy you all are fitting into old favourite clothes! I've had loads of clothes up in the loft for years that I've brought down to wear, and a lot of it is just too big now, so I can see a new wardrobe heading my way!

I am constantly cold, I spent the whole day wrapped up in a blanket and my feet and hands were still frozen. I'm happy to endure it as long as the ketosis sticks around!

I had a lousy weight loss at my weigh in last week, only 700g, and it's so demotivating and lousy. But I sucked it up, and this week was over 4lbs. It's all coming off in terms of inches though, so I am less worried about the scales, and more interested in my actual size. 11 inches in 4 weeks sounds nicer than 20lbs!

20Lb in 4 weeks is no small loss! thats great!

Must admit i prefer the scales to the inches thing, partly because the scales can't slip half an inch, or measure from a slightly different place this week than they did last week, the scales dont want to encourage or discourage me and have nothing to sell me and no profit to make from me, they are just the impartial arbiter of the truth and if they say i havent lost anything, then i havent lost anything and that means any "movement" in inches doesnt mean anything to me because if the weight is still in there then the weight is still in there.

I know what you mean about the cold. my huge mass has always generated a ton of heat so when other people have been complaining about being cold I've always dismissed them as being silly cos I was always so hot! Now i dont remember what it felt like to be hot! lol, i'm cold all the time, at the start i almost called the boiler engineer out because my heating was on and the thermostat said it was up to temperature but i was still feezing so i thought it was broke! It hasnt been so bad this past week so maybe it wears off or you get used to it after a while.

Wow! 39lbs - you're a star!!! :) Hope you have plenty of belts or your trousers will be falling off you!
I am cold a lot as well and the muscles in my back get sore from being tight or shivering. However, as Pampered said, I'm putting up with it as a sign of ketosis and I think the added benefit is that my body must be burning calories trying to get warm! :gen125:

Wow! 39lbs - you're a star!!! :) Hope you have plenty of belts or your trousers will be falling off you!
I am cold a lot as well and the muscles in my back get sore from being tight or shivering. However, as Pampered said, I'm putting up with it as a sign of ketosis and I think the added benefit is that my body must be burning calories trying to get warm! :gen125:

Thanks! I'm really pleased! :) I'm sure the week will come when I dont lose anything and will seriously challenge my mental atittude but I'm ready for it! bring it on!
Had to buy a new belt yesterday, as I had finally run out of holes on all my existing ones. My suits for work are now stupidly too big for me..people in the office have started referring to them as my "clown outfits". I just dont want to buy new clothes when i'm only half way there, I want to wait a while longer and buy some really nice stuff that will last. Although I suppose it wont do me any harm to go to Tesco or something and buy one of their £5 pairs of jeans in the meantime

Yeah I think a small investment in some clothes now might be a good idea. I take it you didn't, like many of the women on this forum, save clothes from when you were a smaller size? I myself have some clothes in a range that covers 4 sizes. I've gone from the top size down one, and now that set of clothes is beginning to get loose, so figure in a couple of weeks or so I'll have to drop down again. Unfortunately, I don't have many items in the lower ranges and, like you, am reluctant to spend much until I get to goal.

However in your case, with the clown outfits, I'd start to worry that the clothes might just fall off me! :) Course, that might be interesting for your colleagues.... :p

I'm in trouble with my wardrobe, because all the 'small clothes' I've kept for years and years fits me, and some of it is just too big. :D It's a great feeling, but I feel sad that I have to give more of my wardrobe to charity. I'd better keep the weight off, because this time I am not hanging on to the big clothes! lol I wore a top yesterday at work that turned out to be seriously inappropriate, I had no idea how much it was gaping in the front, so I ended up sitting ramrod straight at my desk all day! :eek:

No I dont have a range of sizes to choose from. In fact the only thing I have is a couple of items of my previously favourite clothing. A shirt I used to love which now fits just fine, and my favourite pair of jeans from about 15 years ago which is a size that, even now, I dont think I'll ever get back to, but for some reason thats the one pair that I kept.

I'm in trouble with my wardrobe, because all the 'small clothes' I've kept for years and years fits me, and some of it is just too big. :D It's a great feeling, but I feel sad that I have to give more of my wardrobe to charity. I'd better keep the weight off, because this time I am not hanging on to the big clothes! lol I wore a top yesterday at work that turned out to be seriously inappropriate, I had no idea how much it was gaping in the front, so I ended up sitting ramrod straight at my desk all day! :eek:
lol xx

Hi Mikey - have been wondering whether to give my big clothes to a charity shop. Last year I lost 3 stones and gave lots away but then put the weight on again! I think however that if I hang on to them that I'm inviting myself to fail.
It's a great feeling when you find that you can fit into your smaller clothes - I spend a lot of time trying clothes on in my bedroom. Not that I need to dress up to go out very often - it's a bit difficult when youncan't eat or drink!

I found 4 pairs of jeans in the bottom of my wardrobe at the weekend that I thought I'd given to charity last year when they became too small..and hey they fit...!

Well impressive Mickey:wow:

I'm freezing every night I look like I'm going on a polar expedition with the amount of Layers. I must be sleeping better as I wake with a spring in my step which is not generally ever the case lol!! Good luck this week.

Dementia said:
I found 4 pairs of jeans in the bottom of my wardrobe at the weekend that I thought I'd given to charity last year when they became too small..and hey they fit...!

Brill result!!

Excellent! No immediate shopping needed and you can, hopefully, hold out til your goal weight! Wonderful that you can fit back into them - isn't it a great feeling? :)

Hey Mikey - you've been pretty quiet in last couple of days. How're things?

Hey Mikey - you've been pretty quiet in last couple of days. How're things?
Hi there! Thanks for asking. Not sure whats been going on this week, haven't been feeling very well, got a bad case of the runs which is really weird cos that never happens ot me, also seem to have muffled hearing in one ear which I can't clear and have been feeling tired and very warm.... which again... given that i've been freezing my ass off for 2 months tells me something is wrong. Gonna talk to the CDC about it tonight at weigh in. wondering if I've got some kinda bug, if I'm not back on track in a couple days i'll see the doc

Last edited:
Back