Hi there!

How long you been doing it? and have you seen a huge slow down in weight loss?

I started the diet in February last year, but only had 5/6 weeks on it before I was made redundant, and then couldn't justify the cost. I then started again in August /September last year, and made it to just before Christmas when I chose to take a couple of weeks off for Christmas and New Year. I ended up having a 3 month sabbatical. I've been back on it since the beginning of March, and I count myself lucky is I lose 1 kilo a week, which is just plain depressing. I know the weight does slow down the less you have to lose, but I just want to shed 2 more stone. That's all. I just feel like I've been doing it forever, and I have a very low boredom threshold!

I sat down last night and did some proper calculations. I've lost 5 stone, and 32.5 inches on this diet. It's been a FANTASTIC thing to do,and I don't regret one missed meal, or having to skip nights out. The huge difference I see and feel has been worth every moment. I just have to remind myself of that when I lose motivation or get depressed. I am going to aim to stick to it for another 10 weeks, and see where I get.:)

thats more like it! just look at your ticker, you're nearly there! Oh..and why would you regret any missed meals anyway? You havent missed any meals, you've just chosen different meals.

:D:D Another week, another 5lb gone! total 51 lb in 9 weeks :D:D

That is terrific!!! Well done and see? you don't have to feel like you're not losing to lose! :)

tizzy51 said:
That is terrific!!! Well done and see? you don't have to feel like you're not losing to lose! :)

Thank you I was really pleased and that puts me now exactly half way to where I am going. So, as summing I slow down to the average of 1st per month, and given that I'm taking a few days off next week I project that I'll be done in August!

Liveonce said:
well done mikey amazing weightloss glad u r feeling great think you should post some before and after pictures :D

I didn't actually take any before pictures, I used to spend most of my time desperately trying to hide from cameras but I'll see if I can find anything suitable and post before and afters once I'm done!

Not a whole lot planned. In the last 2 weeks I've been to Ireland for a week and had my aunt come to visit from the US for several days. This weekend is about regrouping and relaxing. Unfortunately the weather is forecast to be cold and crap, so I'll probably do some housework, go to a garden centre to check out plants to replace those that died in the severe cold in Feb, hang with a friend of mine, walk the dog.

What do you have planned?

Just got back from work! Tomorrow going out with friend who is also on diet and shopping on Monday. Going to clean the fridge now to keep my mind off food - there's nothing in it! What a way to spend a Saturday night!

Hello ... 2nd day on SS and have been struggling today a little and questioning whether I am doing the right thing ! After reading through this thread I now know I am and am looking forward to being thin ... you guys have done soooooooooooooo well ...

Mikey, just read your blogg. Well done on your wonderful losses. My hubby has started today so i'll get him to read this, he doesn't really read forums but I rely on them especially with this diet, they're so inspiring & answer lots of Qs.
We're in sunny Blackpool, well we actually liive in Fleetwood but I'll be in Blackpool tomora - all day/nite for my friends birthday.

Hope everyone has a great BH.
xxxx

jennypennyred said:
Hello ... 2nd day on SS and have been struggling today a little and questioning whether I am doing the right thing ! After reading through this thread I now know I am and am looking forward to being thin ... you guys have done soooooooooooooo well ...

Welcome aboard Jenny. I'm told the first few days are the worst, though to be honest they were fine for me. The best time hit about day 5 when I just burst with so much energy I didn't know what to do with it and the weight has been dropping off since with no end in sight! Stick with it, it can't fail to work if u stick to it

CambridgeKez said:
Mikey, just read your blogg. Well done on your wonderful losses. My hubby has started today so i'll get him to read this, he doesn't really read forums but I rely on them especially with this diet, they're so inspiring & answer lots of Qs.
We're in sunny Blackpool, well we actually liive in Fleetwood but I'll be in Blackpool tomora - all day/nite for my friends birthday.

Hope everyone has a great BH.
xxxx

Hiya. I'm not big on forums either, this is about the only one I pop in to. Some nice people here, though the guys are outnumbered about a million to one so if hubby wants to even up the sides tell him to feel free!

OscarsMum said:
Aha you no longer have the 'carb comas' lol!

Keep on going - the results are amazing, I am 50lbs lighter and loving it! My goal is within reach now :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I remember reading this post 2 months ago and thinking how amazing, 50lb seemed like a lifetime away, some improbable goal that was a bit like the lottery.... Possible but not likely enough to think seriously about. Now here I am 2 months on just past 50lb and looking forward the the final 50 and far from being some unachievable fantasy, I know it's going to happen and it's going to happen fast! What a ride this is!

Last edited:
Mikey - woke up this morning feeling great and feeling slimmer even though it has only been 2 days ... unsure of this is even possible ?! haha

mikeyB said:
I remember reading this post 2 months ago and thinking how amazing, 50lb seemed like a lifetime away, some improbable goal that was a bit like the lottery.... Possible but not likely enough to think seriously about. Now here I am 2 months on just past 50lb and looking forward the the final 50 and far from being some unachievable fantasy, I know it's going to happen and it's going to happen fast! What a ride this is!
I know what you mean. I have gone passed the 3 stones point and finally feel that I may actually succeed. I have been on so many diets before that I got to the stage when I didn't really believe that I would get to goal. It just seems to be working and I think that my head is finally catching up. I'm actually starting to make a plan for maintenance - not something which ever crossed my mind before. It's all a bit weird for me!

Back