Hi VLCD Newbie

Haimaat

Hi all,

I am starting Exante's total packs program tomorrow and really excited to get going.

I've got around 9 stones to lose in total and know it sounds loads but somehow to me for the first time in my life it feels doable.

Also really thankful that I've got this site to come to when I need help.

Good luck to all:wave_cry:

Good luck to you, I am new to this support group and from what I can see they are very supportive. Do you have a time scale for the loss or just seeing how it goes?

good luck i am the same as you i have about nine stone to loose and it definatly feels doable and i'm feeling really positive about the journey to which when i have tried to loose weight before i have just wanted the end result whith out any effort.

take care
hope all is going well for you
karen xx

Hi to all,

in reply to a couple of questions. I am aiming to lose 4 stone and comfortably wear a size 18 by my birthday, which is beg of August. Plus I'm off to Florida then so want to enjoy that, which is a great motivation.

In total I've got about 9 stones to lose in order to be a healthy weight for my body. So I'm giving myself until the end of 2011 as I think that's reasonable. I'm not being too rigid though as life isn't like that but all in all. I'm keeping my eyes on the prize at the end. X

Thanks to everyone for caring to answer. Something tells me I'm gonna be spending a fair amount of time on here.

Hi Haimaat, I have more than you to lose and I too am in the 'zone' so to speak. I have a similar aim to you only a goal date of next August :) What days are you weighing yourself so I can keep an eye, mine is Mondays. Good luck with your weight loss. Margi x

Hi Margi and Irena,

Margi with regards to weighing myself. I don't intend to do that too often as I want to focus on feeling good so I'm doing a fortnightly weigh in as I think that should give me the boosts that I need. (hopefully) Yes and you're right about being in the zone, only we can do this for ourselves and I've decided to treat myself as well as I treat others. "Do unto others as you would want done to yourself" only in reverse... Hahaha.

I've decided to keep an Exante diary as it will give me clear focus on what I doing. I'd love to keep up with you too, maybe we can be weight loss buddies and help each other along the way. Are you keeping a diary or anything like that on here?

One last thing, your profile picture is very pretty so I know once you have conquered this stupid weight thing we keep carrying around you are gonna be beautiful. People always tell me that I am beautiful looking and I just think to myself yeah sure... so just how fantastic would I look if I got rid of my excess weight. Well I'm about to find out as are you.

Good luck and stay strong.

Lauren

Hi Lauren, weight loss buddies sounds just great to me. I have not kept a diary on here, but I do post to my blog at least a couple of times a week. I have my weigh-in tomorrow after my 2nd week of gym so hopefully I have lost some more. Thanks for the nice compliments, I too get the whole "you would be stunning if...." bit. Maybe I would, but for once this is for me to feel better about myself and not for anybody else. Looking forward to see how you get on :) x

Hiya Margi,

How goes you today? yesterday was the first day of my new exante TS and I am surprised that I did not feel hungry or want to eat. I even went out last night with friends and did not succumb to the food or drink that was flowing. Stuck to fizzy water and felt good about myself.

I'm going to go and have a look at your blog now that I understand the site better. I am actually using my diary like a blog just writing all and anything I feel I need to say. I think it is a good tool to help me keep a check of myself. Also yes you are right, this is something we have to do for ourselves completely cause we deserve the simple extra happiness our weight loss will bring to our lives.

Good luck with the weigh in today but remember that as you've been exercising. Muscle weighs more than fat so any weight loss will not reflect the true physical loss as that will be higher. Let me know how you get on.

Hi Lauren
I am good ta, hope you are too. Well done you for not giving in to the forces of food and drink! It does feel quite liberating when you feel in control.
Thanks for the advice about fat turning into muscle (now I have an excuse lol). Nah will weigh myself in Boots at lunch time and report back.
Hope you have a lovely week x

Morning Margi,

How you going today? Was yesterday a good weigh in, hope so?

My second day went well although felt really headachy and seriously hungry in the end I went to bed early and have still woken up feeling rubbish. Hope this passes soon. I'm off to do my diary now but want to ask how you did first.

Anyway here's to a great day of abstinence today...

Hi Lauren
Sorry you are not feeling the greatest, I am sure it will pass. When you go off carbs you tend to get headachy and feel rubbish for a couple of days but it passes as does the cravings.
Frustrating day for me as the scales in Boots were not working so I didn't get to weigh myself. I am now faced with the dilemma of either going back and trying today or leaving it till next Monday. What do you think?
Keep up the good work - we WILL get there! x
PS: What is the link to your diary?

Hi and welcome! I'm relatively new here too, I just started yesterday. Shakes are lovely in the sunshine, it really helps to have this gorgeous weather at the min! Can't wait to see how we all get along. Good luck!xx

Hi Margi and Laura,

welcome laura and yes you are right the sun does tend to make a lot of things feel better.

thanks for the encouraging words. Boy did I need them yesterday but I could not write anything back as I was feeling so negative and on the verge of eating something. Thank goodness I've woken up feeling so so so much better this morning and it's a relief as I really seriously thought about giving up last night. I told myself all sorts of real stuff like, If I continue I could have a stroke as I had such a bad headache. I even managed to convince myself that I could have a brain haemoragse as surely this headache that I had was not normal and doing this diet was surely causing it and not normal. All funny now I've woken up this morning feeling like a warrior (fighting fit)

Margi with regards to the scales... I would say yes definitely try again as one thing I've learned is ignoring the scales can easily result in weight gain (9 stone of it for me, over the years... oooh dear hahahaha) as you have no clue as to what is going on. Yet at the same time we have to be moderate and controlled in our use of the scales too, as too often isn't any good either right. Anyway this is your weekly weigh in and you have nothing to be scared of whatever is happening you will want to know. This is your weight loss journey and you are in control of it no one else. So go find out how you're doing girl and even if there is a pound gain it's your pound to control.

My link to my diary is http://www.minimins.com/exante-diaries/204908-haimaats-exante-diary.html

Have a super day Margi and let me know how you got on. This is not an over night battle for us but a war were we have to undo all the years of bad habits and excuses that have become our reality.

Hi Lauren

Glad to see you are feeling a bit brighter. We all get these moods, but you did well to abstain. There is something quite empowering about saying no to something you know you love.

Unfortunately the scales were still broken, so I have decided to just wait till next week. I am then away from next Friday for 10 days so it will be another 2 weeks to my next weigh in. Hopefully lots of walking on holiday will keep the weight off!

Hope you are having a good day :)

Margi x

Back