Hi yet another question

biglao

Hi, I have been shopping for more peppermint leaf tea an found dandylion leaf tea too. Can you drink this on lipotrim without effecting weightloss? I have been told by the chemist I can have raspberry leaf tea, so just wondering. I have also spotted fennel leaf tea and I lurve aniseed so could that be a possibility too?
Sorry to be a pain :eek:
Thanks for your support x
Lisa x

Hmmm...not sure- I was told by my pharmacist and via an email from LT to avoid 'berry & fruit' teas- but I'm not sure if the raspberry leaf tea would be okay, but as its made from the leaf, like the other two, I'd imagine they'd be fine? Why not email LT direct & see what they say? Then you can let others know for sure?
(I do this a lot! LOL!)

Any leaf tea is okay. Most of them say on the boxes what they're made from - I had to give up my chamomile coz it's made from the flowers :(

I had to give up my chamomile coz it's made from the flowers :(
There you go then- I thought it was only berry/fruit teas!!

all leaf teas are fine :) i've just got oolong, orange pekoe and white tea. all say leaf on the packet so i shall be trying them all!

all leaf teas are fine :) i've just got oolong, orange pekoe and white tea. all say leaf on the packet so i shall be trying them all!

Orange? I'm probably being thick but citrus is a DEFINITE no no so if it's had any part of an orange anywhere near it ........ like you can't have lemon tea or lemon green tea ....
Like I said though I'm probably daft :rolleyes: x

I kind of though that too Jan but was thinkin maybe it's just a description lol -I'm so not up up my teas.

Is Rooibos ok does anyone know??

I know Jan - and i haven't tried it yet just in case! It's definitely just a leaf tea with nothing added but whether or not it contains citrus i don't know. (was 3 for 2 in whittards so i added it to the basket lol)

To be honest i think i'll stick with black coffee, just have found that more palatable than any of the black teas (except maybe earl grey).

Rooibos/Redbush tea is fine ....

If the packet doesn't say the orange tea thingy contains orange/citrus/citric anything I would imagine it's alright. Some research on the web might help??

Couldn't keep my nose out - sorry ;) ....... looks as if it's okay!! Let us know if it's nice please!! xx

What IS Orange Pekoe?
tealeaves.jpg
Technically, Orange Pekoe tea is not a type of tea at all but rather a size of tea leaf. When tea is harvested by hand, what is generally picked are the bud at the end of the stem (an unopened leaf) and the next two leaves inward from that bud. The first leaf is the youngest and is called the "pekoe" leaf (pronounced "peck-o"), a term derived from the Chinese word for white hair because the tea leaf is often covered with a silvery down for 48 hours or so after opening.
The second leaf from the bud is the "orange pekoe" leaf. The third, fourth and fifth leaves from the bud are the Souchong leaves. Below the Souchong are the maintenance leaves, which should never be picked at all. The more mature the leaf, the less flavor it contains.
One theory about how the word "orange" came to be associated with pekoe leaves comes from the fact that many of the earliest Dutch traders marketed their China teas under the label Orange Pekoe, over 300 years ago. Adding "orange" to the title may have been a clever way to try to connect to the "House of Orange," the ruling kings and queens of the Netherlands for many years. As far as we know, there was never a Royal Patent issued, which would make this recognition formal. Others think that Orange Pekoe came from the marketing efforts of Britain's Thomas Lipton, who used the appellation on most of his teas.

BTW - sorry to be a scaremonger in the first place!! :( x

LOL! Not at all- all information is welcome here! How else would we learn about the royal family of the netherlands! Now we know!

LOL! Not at all- all information is welcome here! How else would we learn about the royal family of the netherlands! Now we know!

LOL!!! :) x

Back