Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Hi :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BoomBoomBoom, 28 September 2009 Social URL.

1. BoomBoomBoom

BoomBoomBoom Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(10.28%)
    Diet:
    Xenical
    So as you've probably guessed I'm new.

Let me give you a little background on me and why I'm here :)

I'm 19, from Ireland and I weigh 252 pounds, my goal is to lose 102 pounds. I know this wont be easy.

I have polycystic ovaries, which can increase obesity, however I'm not going to blame my weight entirely on that, as admittedly, I have a sweet-tooth and I don't enjoy exercising much.

I have tried lots of diets and my weight has always fluctuated. I tried lipotrim too and it wasn't for me. I also tried kelp supplements to speed up my metabolism, but had to stop because my doctor said it wasn't helping the PCOS.

I really want to make an honest go of losing weight this time, I've begun to hate the way I look and I want to get back my confidence.

I also have a wedding coming up in february (not my own, my boyfriends sister) and I want to look and feel good for this.

My boyfriend is really supportive and loves me no matter what shape or size I am, but I'm thinking of the future here. When I have kids of my own I want to be able to run around and play with them, I dont want to have a triple bypass when I'm 35 like my own grandmother did due to obesity, and I dont want to develop diabetes later on in life.

So I'm here hopefully for support from those who are going through my struggle. And this time, I hope I achieve my goal :)

:wave_cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. shunterbaby

shunterbaby New Member

Hey good opening post, i'm a fellow newbie here, and this is my first post!! Like you i've tried to lose weight a few times, but i'm feeling really optimistic and have joined this forum as I think collectively as a group and with support of other people its going to be a lot easier!!

4. SarahSez

SarahSez Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    7st6lb(43.51%)
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    Good post. Welcome to Minimins.

Weightloss is possible with PCOS, I have it and I've done it. I truly believe that there is THE diet out there for everyone, (including WLS if you want to go down that route, but I'm too much of a chicken for that) you just have to find the one that suits you best.

Good luck on your journey.

5. shep

shep Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.04%)
    Diet:
    I'm changin my lifestyle not dieting using CS
  6. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Good luck with the pounds

Irene xx

7. Steph1989

Steph1989 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(12.88%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating!
    Welcome and good luck wth your weight loss, you can do it.. :) x

8. BoomBoomBoom

BoomBoomBoom Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(10.28%)
    Diet:
    Xenical
    Thanks for the kind words :D

9. suepass

suepass Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.09%)
    Everyone has said everything so won't repeat, all the best

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.