Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Yorkshire, 8 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Yorkshire

Yorkshire New Member

Just wanted to say hi. Decided that it is about time I lost the weight I put on after reaching 40 (ouch) and quitting smoking. Not quite sure where to start but this place looks like a good idea.

I would love some advice about how to work out how much I need to loose, never been one for weighing myself just know that I want to be the size 10/12 I was and not the 16/18 I am very quickly heading towards.

Thanks in advance.

PS- not quite sure about this posting threads lark hopefully I am in the right area, I get the feeling I am on a steep learning curve.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kgallacher

kgallacher Full Member

low carb
    hi there, im not sure what your ideal weight ect would be, if you go to your docs they can give you a target and even support you working through it.
    or try a local slimming club.
    good luck xx
  4. Yorkshire

Yorkshire New Member

Thanks for that, keep meaning to try a local club but so difficult with 3 kids to get a night free! Is it possible to do it yourself, ie if I weigh myself today and then set myself a target? What about online clubs?
  5. kgallacher

kgallacher Full Member

low carb
    I ised to go to group but I also habe three kids and found getting time hard. Being on this site really motivates me. If you set your self a day to weigh your self and inform every1 what you've lost.
    You will find alot of support here and alot of good recipes.
    Slimming world also do a online plan may be worth looking into xxx
  6. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Hi and welcome. Have a look at the well-known websites such as SW and WW. Good luck

Irene xx
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.