Hi

messyfreckle

Hiya,

So i'm new to the site. I've 9 stone to lose to be within my 'healthy weight range' for my height, and am finally in the right frame of mind to start doing something about it.

The thing is, I don't particularly know which way to go about it. I like the idea of Lighter Life / Cambridge Diet etc which give a kick start to the diet, and break my negative associations with food (reduce cravings etc).

I have tried Slimming World and Weight Watchers before but have no transport and don't live close enough to any groups to attend. And following the program at home is not an option - if i'm not accountable to anybody, I fall off the bandwagon!

The thing is, Lighter Life et al are very expensive. I can't afford £200 a month, heck, I can hardly even afford £50 a month! So whatever I choose to do will have to be economical.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Lindsay

Hi Lindsay
Ive got just over 9st to lose to, Im doing the exante diet much the same as the cambridge diet except cheaper. I did the cambridge diet 3 yrs ago but was never really in the right frame of mind orthough i could see it working i gave in after just a month, this time round though is different im in a better place and have even roped my sister into joining me. I have prepared myself that the next few weeks will be tough but with everyones help and support we can do it.
I to havent really got the funds but if im finding the money to go and buy the wrong foods then i can find the money to buy the shakes that are going to help me lose the weight. I brought a months supply of shakes and some peach flavouring for my water for £119 so it works out in future £25 a week im just going to put alittle aside each week ready for next month. Whatever you decide to do just remember we can do it :)

I would also suggest having a look at the Exante diet. It is cheaper and is delivered. Have a look at their website and our Exante section

Irene xx

Thanks guys - I've spent the last few days looking around on here and seeing what's available and have decided on Exante, as recommended.

Can't wait for payday to roll around so i can get started. 2 week countdown is on ;(

Good for you hun the 2 weeks will fly by a word of advice use these 2 weeks to start cutting back on your carb intake in preparation for the start of exante and up your water intake all this and you will be fine good luck look forward to seeing how you get on
x

Back