Hi!

LauraLooLa

Gold Member
After stopping and starting so many diets over the last 10 years (I'm only 27!!) I started calorie counting a little over 3 weeks ago at 15 stone (HOW???) and have managed to avoid weighing myself so far. I have my first weigh in on Saturday then I'm hoping to weigh fortnightly after that. I've set myself a relatively low goal of 30lbs for now, as this will be an amazing achievement in itself plus I'm not sure how much I want to lose so thought i'd see how I felt after that.
So far i'm...wait for it...enjoying CC! I've managed to stick to my cals and I'm exercising almost everyday.
Anyway I'm sure I'll keep popping up on here.
Good luck everyone!! :)

Hello!

I'm a fortnightly weigher too. Mainly because I'm less likely to to have any sts's or heaven forbid gains! I've been ccand exercising daily since the end of Feb and I've lost 1 stone, 6lbs already. I've actually not found it too bad and quite enjoyable really. I'm sure the honeymoon period will end soon, but I'm determined to stay focussed.

Good luck to you.

Thank you. I'm the same I didn't want to get disheartened by sts or even a low number (very ungrateful, I know) so thought i'd do fortnightly weigh ins. What day do you weigh? I'm going for Saturdays so I can have couple of drinks Saturday night then have 2 weeks to make up for it :D I'm excited but nervous for my first weigh in.
Well done on your brilliant weight loss!!

I'm a Thursday weigher. Simply because that's the day I started calorie counting .

Hi Laura,

I'm a week into CC and am also strangely enjoying it. I'm kinda a numbers obsessive in other areas of my life so I think its the aspect of logging and balancing calories that is keeping me interested so far. Having seen what other people have said about the frequency that they weigh in, i've decided today that i too am going to weigh fortnightly. Its costing me £1 a time at my gym to weigh in, which is ridiculous! plus as you and babana have said, a small loss each week or STS might be demoralising.
My weigh in day is wednesday as that's when i started, but I do like the idea of weighing on a saturday so that I can have a few drinks that week! Good luck for Saturday, let us now how you get on!
xx

Hi, I started ccin this week, well from tues & so far so good. I may weigh fortnightly too, maybe stick to a tues? I did a bit of exercise this evening so going to try & keep that up. What exercise is everyone doing & what frequency? Ive not got a huge amount to loose so just taking it slow. Thanks x

Hi, I started ccin this week, well from tues & so far so good. I may weigh fortnightly too, maybe stick to a tues? I did a bit of exercise this evening so going to try & keep that up. What exercise is everyone doing & what frequency? Ive not got a huge amount to loose so just taking it slow. Thanks x

I've just started Couch to 5k so doing that 3/4 x a week. I'm also trying to fit in swimming 1/2 a week for 40 ish mins. I do zumba on thursday nights too.

What's couch? I may do Zumba once a week as theirs a class right by where I live, also plan to jog a bit as live close to a lake, trying to get a friend to come to motivate me!

Hi Laura,

I'm a week into CC and am also strangely enjoying it. I'm kinda a numbers obsessive in other areas of my life so I think its the aspect of logging and balancing calories that is keeping me interested so far. Having seen what other people have said about the frequency that they weigh in, i've decided today that i too am going to weigh fortnightly. Its costing me £1 a time at my gym to weigh in, which is ridiculous! plus as you and babana have said, a small loss each week or STS might be demoralising.
My weigh in day is wednesday as that's when i started, but I do like the idea of weighing on a saturday so that I can have a few drinks that week! Good luck for Saturday, let us now how you get on!
xx

Thanks, I will do, i'm nervous/excited already and I still have 24 hours to wait!
I'm normally really obsessive about weighing myself but feel better doing it this way, I'd normally be weighing at least once a day and feeling bad if the scales went up a bit so this way I can HOPE for slightly more substantial losses. I feel really positive with CC...at the moment, hope it carries on like this!! x

Back