Hi

TamaraJ

Here I am again, a serial dieter, WW, soup, cabbage, dukan, grapefruit, I feel I've tried them all.

WW has been my best, but I get to a certain point and get bored, sabotage myself and end up with more to lose then when I started :rolleyes:

I am going to give SW a go this time, I am hoping the fact that I can mix and match days or do extra easy and eat as much as I want will all help with keeping it up... only time will tell.

I am very ashamed to say that I am about 17 stone 9 pounds - at least that is what I weighed just before I fell from the wagon last time, so I probably weigh a few more than that now :sigh:

Anyway any advice anyone can give me re Slimming World - particularly breakfast suggestions gratefully received.

Hello I'm on my second week on slimming world.. And I love it.. Never hungry I lost 10lb on my first week

The breakfast I have is Special K red berry with fresh strawberries and fat free yogurt (it's lovely)

But there is so much choice

I wish u the best of luck with it. And stick with it :)

Welcome :) I have around 12 stone to lose. Lost 8lb on my first weigh in on Thursday. Aiming for slimmer of the week next week IT WILL BE MINE lol. Last week a typical day was as follows

Breakfast- Bacon (free) eggs (free) beans (free) 1 hash brown (2 syns) 1 sausage (1/2 syn)

lunch- Chicken salad sandwich with fruit (banana and cherries YUM) and a hifi bar
Dinner- A decent home cooked meal, syn free spag bol etc follwed by fruit salad topped with muller light and a crushed bourbon biscuit.

I snacked maily on super free fruit throughout the day.

good luck :)

Welcome!
If I'm at work I pack a lunchbox full of fruit to scoff through the morning with a couple of Alpen light bars, however on a weekend it's cooked breakfast time!
I pile my plate with scrambled eggs, bacon, Linda McCartney rosemary and onion sausages (free) and grilled or fried tomatoes/beans. :D

I've just started too but am struggling with feeling full! I'm not used to eating much, which is probably why I've never lost any weight but am hoping once my system adjusts it will start to work. First weigh in on Thursday so we shall see.

Saying that I do have a toffee Mullerlight in the freezer to make fake ice cream and a choc n fudge alpen light to sprinkle over the top... Sure I can squeeze it in!

Good luck to all of us :)

Best way to look at sw is a new healthy lifestyle and not a diet. You will feel so much better after just a couple of weeks on the plan. You are filling yourself on fresh fruits and veg lean meats and carbs. Yes your allowed carbs. Actually there's nothing you can't have. Eat your syns too. It's important because if you don't you've got no where to go later on. I have a min of 10 a day and have lost 16.5lb in 4 weeks ! You can do it. It's all about planning what your having. Loads of ideas on here to help you. Good luck you can do it xxxx

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I am trying to get my head around it all and find some ideas before I start. I have family visiting for the next couple of weeks so I am planning to start after that - plenty of time to work out menus and shopping lists!

You sound like me! Tried everything but SW works best for me so I'm back on it for a final try!

I like eggs for breakfast a lot - scrambled eggs with toast or grilled tomatoes or a veggie omelette, or porridge with almond milk and fruit. Sometimes I'll have fruit and yogurt although tried it with vanilla quark yesterday and it was lovely

Hello and welcome! :)

There are threads on the forum for breakfast, lunch and dinner which I find really useful! Today I've got ryvita for lunch and I never would have even considered this for lunch if it hadn't been for those threads!

You can find the breakfast one here - http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/174015-whats-breakfast.html
Lunch here - http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/173056-whats-lunch.html
Dinner here - http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/164404-whats-tea-tonight.html

Starting a food diary on the subforum can help too - I find it keeps me on track but more than anything, it actually keeps me coming back on this site which in turn keeps me on track!

Can also be really helpful to just nosey through other people's diaries to get some inspiration!

Best of luck on your journey x

Hello and welcome - I'm sure you'll love SW if you spend a bit of time really getting your head around it, as ultimately (as someone has already said above), it's not a diet, it's a healthy eating plan for life. And nobody need ever know you're on it apart from that the lbs keep miraculously dropping off and you keep looking and feeling better and better! :D

But your comment about waiting until family visitors have gone, don't wait! SW meals are just real, normal food, and your visitors will have no idea that's what they're eating (and may also go home a few lbs lighter too!). Strike while the iron's hot xx

Hello and welcome! :)

There are threads on the forum for breakfast, lunch and dinner which I find really useful! Today I've got ryvita for lunch and I never would have even considered this for lunch if it hadn't been for those threads!

You can find the breakfast one here - http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/174015-whats-breakfast.html
Lunch here - http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/173056-whats-lunch.html
Dinner here - http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/164404-whats-tea-tonight.html

Starting a food diary on the subforum can help too - I find it keeps me on track but more than anything, it actually keeps me coming back on this site which in turn keeps me on track!

Can also be really helpful to just nosey through other people's diaries to get some inspiration!

Best of luck on your journey x

Those threads are great, thanks for posting them!

Great threads, thanks for them - I just can't get my head round it all with visitors here, they are off on Sunday so I am planning to start maybe Monday.

Back