Hi:)

OoTigeressoO

Hi everyone,
im new to the forum and site. I'm looking to loose weight ATM as I'm really not happy. I guess I have my days where I think "oh, I look nice," and other times I get scared of looking in the mirror. I've never tried to loose weight purposefully before and I have no idea where to begin.
when I was about 18 I gained lots of weight from a size 10 to 18 within a year. Then I started my job a year and a half ago, I'm a care assistant and I go to there houses, as I don't drive I have to walk or use my bike. Wonderfully my weight just fell off and I went from a 18 to my now size which is 12. I didn't even notice it until people everywhere were mentioning it. Of course when I was my size 10 I was naive and still complained! I certainly took it for granted at the time. I stand at about 5ft 5in, size 12. I'm in and out of my flat all day due to work, sometimes til 10/11 at night. But I think I lack motivation when I am at home as I'm just so tired sometimes and can't seem to get off my butt during my shifts. (I start at 7 in the morning) so when I do have a late finish I am exhausted the next day and I only get every other weekend off. So spending time with my partner can be difficult to. I love swimming when I get the chance I do go, but I'd like to perhaps make it something regular. I have no clue about diets and all the counting as I have never done one. I'm just hoping for some help and guidance in starting my plan, maybe where the best start is for me as I'm so confused with all the help that's offered out there and I honestly just don't have a clue.
anyway help, tips and starters would be so appreciated!
thank you very much and good luck to everyone, I look forward to reading the site:)

Good luck

FIrstly welcome and so far sounds like your quite active in your job therefore its not like you dont exercise.
Have you looked into Slimming world... i did that for a year or 2 and fluctuated in weight because i didnt really stick to it... but it is a very good diet and can be juggled into everyday life as you get to have everything in moderation.
I am currently on atkins diet and am finding it to be better for me personally because before I used to have carbs in every meal where as this was my downfall because I ate too much carbs hence why my weight didnt go anywhere... i have lost nearly a stone in just under a month through atkins.
If you need any advice im always available to talk to! :)
Good Luck x

Welcome! :) Swimming is great! how about you and your partner go swimming together? Then it's time together and also exercise, and makes it more fun. Also I know what shift works like (doing 12.5 hour ones) and I didn't lose even though I was running about all the time, and it was because of when I was eating such as I'd have 11pm dinners after shift, to then cram some sleep to be up at 5 skipping breakfast. Very bad! and I wasn't eating enough. Sounds strange but to lose you do need to eat enough (of the right things) maybe start by doing a food diary, so you know what you eat and when and see if there's anything that can be swapped for a healthier option. If you do a set eating plan I'd say slimming world is the best, I'm looking in to trying it at home as random shifts don't fit with groups :) good luck! Look forward to watching your progress!

Back