Hi

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by tony7, 5 February 2009 Social URL.

1. tony7

tony7 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(10.14%)
    Diet:
    Self-Control + Exercise
    Hi - another newbie here!

I'm a 33 yr old dad to 3 and I need to lose weight! I've tried before but never really had the motivation or commitment to get passed about 7 days of dieting. I realised what I was doing wrong - I was dieting!

This time I'm cutting back on all the bad stuff I used to eat (and there was a lot of bad stuff - sweets, snacks, high-cal drinks, late-nite suppers...) and adding exercise about 4 times a week in early morning. My wife is on-board - she exercises with me at 6am 4 times a week.

We've been doing this since the first week in Jan now and I've lost over half a stone, so I'm doing something right. The biggest success for me is that I have stuck to it; I still sometimes enjoy a treat (in moderation!); I feel fitter; and I now use the next hole on my belt!

I've been doing this in secret up to now, but I figured I should go public hence joining this forum for some mutual support. Hoping to get down to a reasonable BMI by June... we'll see I guess...

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Keeley

Keeley New Member

Hi Tony,
    I'm new too, I'm Keeley. I'm 39 and i'm a yo-yo dieter and like you i always get fed up after awhile and then give up! I'm only a stone over weight but at 5ft 2 i can't carry it off. I start dieting and normally lose a few pounds and on the rare occasion have lost half a stone but never seem to get past that. So ive decided to stop dieting and cut back and do abit more exercise, like walking to work. I don't have a partner to help me so this is why i have joined this forum, i'm hoping to make friends and share experiences and tips. Well done by the way for losing half a stone! I hope you get the support you need here and the very best of luck.

4. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Hi Tony, welcome to the board mate.

5. mylouie

mylouie Member

Hi Tony and welcome to the forum, my hubby gave me loads of support just like your wife is doing to you so make sure you thank her, I couldn't have got to where I am without my hubby helping me keep going (even when I shouted at him that yes I really do not want to go to the gym) but here I am 8st lighter.

6. tony7

tony7 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(10.14%)
    Diet:
    Self-Control + Exercise
    Thanks all for the kind welcome.

mylouie - I'll be sure to thank my wife. She's also trying to lose weight and is a bit frustrated that she's not lost a pound in a month, despite the exercise... I'm not sure she's cutting back on the snacks like I am, but I need to be careful not to comment too much (I don't want to be a nag!)

I'm ready for the situation to reverse sometime though - I'll no doubt plateau and she'll start shedding... boot on the other foot etc...;)

7. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Well done and good luck.

Irene xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.