Hifi Bar Nut Allergy Issues

RosieKat

Am I the only nut allergy sufferer who is getting cross that they keep bringing out new HiFi bars with nuts in and taking away the ones without nuts? The last three new bars (peanut, rocky road and bakewell) have all had nuts in and iirc they took away the mint one last time and now lemon is going. :mad:

Are Slimming World trying to get rid of all nut allergy sufferers? Either by forcing them to leave group or maybe by more sinister means :eek: since they don't make the 'contains nuts' labeling very clear!

I imagine there must be other groups who can't eat the Hifis too - I noticed a couple of comments on Facebook about vegetarians and also people requesting gluten free bars too - so I do realise it isn't only nuts. I guess Slimming World can't cater for everyone but I am getting frustrated that the choice of nut free bars is rapidly reducing.

Hi Rosie - maybe its worth writing to them and voice your concerns, they may listen and take on board what you have to say. If no-one tells them they will continue to do it. There must be lots of people with the same problems/condition. Good luck

Maybe I'm mixing them up, not sure I have seen mint recently but maybe my consultant just hasn't had any. I want the Apricot and White Chocolate one back as that was one of my favourites!

hahahhaa, hmmm I think you're probably right!!! Last week I saw my consultant trying to sell the peanut bars to an innocent new member with a nut allergy who hadn't a clue what was in them!!!! :eek:

lol only joking, but you're right that's not very fair, good on you writing a letter x

Are the nut free bars still suitable for nut allergy sufferers? I wonder if they are all just made in the same factory.

I suspect, and this is purely my opinion, that it wouldn't be cost effective for them to make nut free/gluten free bars as there just wouldn't be the uptake.

You can only ask though.

Are the nut free bars still suitable for nut allergy sufferers? I wonder if they are all just made in the same factory.

I suspect, and this is purely my opinion, that it wouldn't be cost effective for them to make nut free/gluten free bars as there just wouldn't be the uptake.

You can only ask though.

Depends on the severity of the allergy. Mine is fairly mild so whilst I would be very ill if I took a bite out of one of the new hifis I probably wouldn't die and I don't have to carry an epipen. The last reaction I had was to almonds in a cake made by a relative who didn't realise almond essence was made from nuts! Although I was violently sick and had some mild chest pains it calmed down very quickly with an anti histamine and after a call to NHS Direct I decided not to go to hospital. I don't tend to worry about the 'made in the same factory as bars containing nuts' type warnings, I go by what is actually on the ingredients. I find home baking causes me far more problems than anything shop bought!

I can imagine you are right that it's probably not financially viable for Slimming World to guarantee that their bars are nut free for the people who are so severe that they have to stick to products guaranteed to have been made in a nut free environment.

The bakewell definitely has nuts in and it is the third new one in a row that has nuts in. Which is what I'm fed up about. :)

Back