The Slimming Kitchen

Hiya. Hope you dont mind another newbie joining your thread. Great meals and I like the fact that your honest about tge days where you might use a few more syns....my Saturday ended like that and Sunday wasnt much better. Hope you get some resolution with your health issues. Fiona

Hi hunni
Thank you for joining my thread. I've not updated it properly for a few days but will do it today as I'm off work and it's weigh in eeek.
Yesterday was another higher synned day but it's the peak of star week so was well needed lol.

Thank you for coming and taking interest in my thread. Good luck in your journey and I will post more pics later today for you all to enjoy xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hell To The Yeah! If it hurts means it works! Go you.... I done lots of sleeping on Sunday :) Got silver spoon sweeterns they are defo the better tasting one, But green tea and lime. Not so keen, I really want to get some Manuka Honey for health reason so might add a little bit of that to it each morning maybe! Im determined to get green tea in my system one way or another. Hope your having a good Monday! :) Stacey (2) xx

Hey Hun
Glad you liked the silver spoon sweetener.
I'm not fond of plain green tea but flavoured ones I love. You tried the salted caramel? It's gorgeous. Got mine from Tesco.
I've heard that Aldi sell the Manuka honey cheaper then most places so it's worth checking out. How's your week been?xxx

Haha I'm the same today too! But it can only be a good thing right?! x

What exercise you been doing hun?
Arghhh I feel even worse today lol nice hot bath needed I think in some Radox muscle soak lol xxx

I posted this on Insta earlier as its Transformation Tuesday. This is results from doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred in 2011. Going to start it again today even though I'm still sore from my jog lol.
I lost 7lbs and loads of inches. Great workout for a boost but it is hard work for someone like me who's really unfit lol. xxx

image-2801190321.jpg

Hey Hun
Glad you liked the silver spoon sweetener.
I'm not fond of plain green tea but flavoured ones I love. You tried the salted caramel? It's gorgeous. Got mine from Tesco.
I've heard that Aldi sell the Manuka honey cheaper then most places so it's worth checking out. How's your week been?xxx

Hey Hun,

My weeks not too bad, I've not done much exercise, so knackered. Got an appointment with anesthetist Friday, might see if I can do some swimming before my op.
Not seen the Salted caramel will have to keep a look out for those. Today I have been drinking green tea with lemon, then topped up with real slices of lemon and a sweetner, wasn't too bad. Will have a look in Aldi friday, I normally get it from costco when they have it on a deal 2 jars for about £14.
xxxx

Hey Hun,

My weeks not too bad, I've not done much exercise, so knackered. Got an appointment with anesthetist Friday, might see if I can do some swimming before my op.
Not seen the Salted caramel will have to keep a look out for those. Today I have been drinking green tea with lemon, then topped up with real slices of lemon and a sweetner, wasn't too bad. Will have a look in Aldi friday, I normally get it from costco when they have it on a deal 2 jars for about £14.
xxxx

Good luck hun hope it all goes well. xxxx

I wil try and remember to post my food diary but I always forget lol. Tonight I made a soup for the next couple of days lunches.

1.jpg

Slimming World Pea & Ham Soup
From the little book of soups recipe book.

Serves 4
Syn Free

Ingredients:
1 onion, chopped
1 medium potato, chopped
800ml vegetable stock
400g frozen peas
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh tarragon (I left this out as I don't like it)
200g lean ham, all visible fat removed, cut into diced pieces
Salt & Pepper to taste

Method:
Place the onion, potato, stock and peas in a large pan.
Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
Stir in the tarragon & using a hand blender, process the soup until smooth.
Stir in the ham, reserving some to garnish & bring back to the boil.

Alternatively I cooked some gammon diced pieces in my soup & processed the soup until smooth.

And here is tonight's dinner after weigh in.....

Reggae Reggae Jerk Chicken with Rice & Peas.
My chicken was marinated in Levi Roots Reggae Reggae jerk sauce (1 Syn per tbsp). My portion is 3 syns. Oven cooked for 15 minutes until nice & sticky.
I cooked my rice in chicken oxo then added some red kidney beans.

2.jpg

Here are a few photos from the last week that I forgot to add to my thread here.

A new Twinings Gingerbread tea to add to my collection in my tea chest. Just made a cup of it, it's not bad but not one of my favourites. I much prefer the Twinings Camomile & maple & the salted caramel.

1.jpg

Hunters Chicken (5 syns) it looks like a treacle pudding hahaha.
Served with homemade chips cooked in Nandos Peri Peri Salt (0.5 syns) & salad.

1.jpg

eaten one of these but without butter and jam. Was 12 syns but man I enjoyed it.
It was just what I needed.

1.jpg

Thai Green chicken Soup (1.5 syns).
WW toffee yogurt.

1.jpg

Chicken in garlic granules & herbs, carrots, brussels, cabbage, green beans, roast potatoes, 25g Paxo (1.5 syns) & syn free gravy made using 1 beef stock pot, 2 beef Oxos made up with 500ml of water & a splash of balsamic vinegar then boiled in a pan until it thickens.

1.jpg

My Thai Green Chicken Soup.

I loved the curry so much the other night that I decided to do a soup version of it & oh man its devine.

1.5 syns per big bowl full as shown in the photo & the recipe serves 2.

Ingredients:
1 Chicken breast cut into strips
700ml Chicken stock, I used Oxo
A handful of frozen mixed vegetables
A handful of frozen mixed peppers
A few grains of rice
1 Level tbsp of Thai green paste (1 syns)
50ml of coconut light milk (2 syns)
Salt & pepper
Soy sauce
A sprinkle of chilli flakes or a fresh red chill if you prefer

Method:
Add the chicken & chicken stock to a medium sized pan & cook on a medium heat for around 5 minutes.
Then add the mixed vegetables, peppers, rice, Thai green paste, chilli flakes, salt & pepper & a good splash of soy sauce. Cook for around 15-20 minutes until everything is soft. Mix in the 50ml of coconut light milk & stir really well. If your stock has dried out a little add abit extra water if needed. Stir well & serve after a few minutes.

Absolutely delicious soup & something a little different too.

1.jpg

40g low fat cheddar (HEA), ham, red onion & tomato toastie (HEB).

1.jpg

Trifle (1.5 syns)

Hartleys fat free jelly pot (0.5 syns), WW toffee yogurt, sliced strawberries & 12g of Anchor Light (1 syn), a tiny sprinkle of hot chocolate powder.

1.jpg

Easy Dinner
Bacon, boiled potatoes, mushy peas & mushrooms.

1.jpg

Saturday was my day off work but I did some overtime & took a client food shopping to Sainsburys. She likes to go to the cafe after for cake & coffee so I've prepared myself ready. Here's my lunch & snacks to last me as I'm with her from 2-6pm.
3 babybel lights (HEA), 2 Aldi benefit bars (HEB), Hula Hoops Puft (3.5 syns), ham, cucumber & tomatoes. Pink lady apples & a plum.

1.jpg

Bacon, fried egg, baked beans & chopped tomatoes.

1.jpg

Spag Bol
Made using 5% fat beef mince, onions, mushrooms, carrots, tinned tomatoes, passata, beef oxo cubes, oregano & a splash of Worcester sauce.

1.jpg

stodgy food needed. Instant mash with mustard powder added & baked beans

1.jpg

25ml of Crusha no added sugar strawberry milkshake mix (0.5 syns) mixed with 300ml of 1% fat milk (HEA) & a salted caramel Hifi bar (HEB).

1.jpg

Hairy Dieters Saag Curry Sauce Pouch (half a pouch for 2 syns). Currently only £1 at Asda.
Tasty & quick to make I made mine with chicken.

1.jpg

OMG.... Stacey your last post looks amazing.... I'm so hungry for lunch now!
I brought the slimming world magazine last night! So many fab recipes in there. I see your cook book in the picture is that a slimming world one? Do you get any when you join the groups, I've seen a package online you can get, but I really want to take advantage of the groups and meeting new people when I start. Happy to buy the books but if we get them discounted at the meetings I'll wait hehe! :)
Hope your having a good day!
Stacey 2 :)

OMG.... Stacey your last post looks amazing.... I'm so hungry for lunch now!
I brought the slimming world magazine last night! So many fab recipes in there. I see your cook book in the picture is that a slimming world one? Do you get any when you join the groups, I've seen a package online you can get, but I really want to take advantage of the groups and meeting new people when I start. Happy to buy the books but if we get them discounted at the meetings I'll wait hehe! :)
Hope your having a good day!
Stacey 2 :)

Hey Stacey :)
How are you today hun?
I hope you enjoy thw SW magazine I love buying it when it comes out. Do you mean the book in my soup pic? That is the SW little book of soups cookbook and I love it for only £3.95 its well worth it if you enjoy cooking soups.
When you join a SW group you get given a folder with all your books in that explain the plan along with some recipe/meal ideas etc. I always carry mine in my handbag as its handy to have when shopping. If you buy the latest Reveal magazine you can get free membership at the moment so its well worth doing hunni.
I go to group on my own but I have started sitting with a lady called Sophie and we have a nice chat together so I feel more at ease now, you soon settle into the group.
I've had a busy day today and started working out so I am still really achey lol.
Will post my food diary now, going to try and do it daily so I dont have to do it all at once at the end of the week lol.
Chat soon and sleep well.
Love Stacey 1 lol xxxx

Hey All
Today is my first day of my new week so here goes.

Extra Easy Day One

Breakfast:
2 Weetabix (HEB) 300ml 1% milk (HEA).

Lunch:

4.jpg 3.jpg
Sainsburys chicken tikka pieces, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, red onion, homemade chips & 1 WW love fibre pitta bread (5 syns), 1 tbsp hot chilli sauce (0.5 syns), 1 tbsp lighter than light mayo (0.5 syns).
I was so ready for that lunch after doing the 30 day shred. lol

Dinner:
2.jpg 1.jpg

Hairy Dieters Beef Stroganoff

This meal makes a small amount of beef go a long way. It is syn free, easy to make & really delicious.

Serves 3-4
Prep: 10 Minutes
Cooking time: 10 Minutes
Ingredients:
1 Large Sirloin steak about 350g worth
Frylight
250g Button mushrooms
1 Large onion, halved & cut into thin wedges
300ml of cold water
1 Beef Oxo cube
1 Tbsp of cornflour (This is 1 syn but the syns become zero when recipe is split into portions)
3 Tbsp Quark
Garlic Granules
Salt & pepper

Method:
Trim all the fat off the steak & cut into strips. Season well with salt & pepper.
Spray a large pan or wok with Frylight & stir fry the onions & mushrooms over a heat high for 5 minutes until softened & well browned. The colour will add lots of flavour but sure sure they don't burn. Transfer the mushrooms & onions onto a plate.
Add the steak strips to the pan & stir fry for 1-2 minutes until nicely browned but not cooked through. Transfer to another plate.

Pour the 300ml of cold water into the pan & bring to the boil. Crumble the stock cube into the boiling water & simmer for a minute stirring well. Mix the cornflour with 1 tbsp of cold water until smooth then stir into the stock. Simmer for 30 seconds & keep stirring.

Put the mushrooms & onions back in the pan & continue to simmer for a minute until the sauce has thickened. Add the Quark & a good sprinkle of garlic granules & when the sauce has combined put the beef strips back into the pan & cook for a couple more minute until hot & stir well.

Serve with either rice, mash potatoes or tagliatelle like in my photo.
A very nice & simple meal to make yet full of flavour.

Snack:
Freddo sprinkles bar (4.5 syns), WW vanilla yogurt.

Total syns: 11

10686660_336531933204911_6359705450989929486_n.jpg

Twinings Gingerbread Green Tea. I got it from Tesco. It's nice but I still prefer their salted caramel one. I absolutely love all my fruit and green teas at the moment. So much better than my usual milky coffee lol.

I completed day two of the 30 day shred today before lunch man I am aching all over again lol.

my #SendTheLove Box arrived today too from my SW buddy Brydie. She sent me some really wonderful, beautiful and thoughtful gifts. This is something that people have been doing on Insta. You swap gifts with a SW buddy and both agree a budget to spend then send eachother nice things that you know eachother likes.
Its really such a nice way to try new syn free and low syn snacks. xxx

1.jpg 2.jpg

Hello, I'm enjoying reading your diary again and seeing lovely food.
Congratulations on your loss too xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Hello, I'm enjoying reading your diary again and seeing lovely food.
Congratulations on your loss too xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Thank you hun :)
It is good to be on SW and I am really enjoying it again. xxx

I love the idea of the #send the love box!

They are brilliant hun. I had not heard of them until recently. I think it's a nice way to swap some syn ideas and low syn snacks etc. xxx

Extra Easy Day Two

Breakfast:
Baked beans on 2 slices of wholemeal toast (HEB)

Lunch:
Homemade Pea & Ham Soup

Dinner:
Lasagne 0.5 syns for this portion.
I've ran out of my usual packet cheese sauce mix that I like so decided to blend this tin of Asda Macaroni Cheese & pour over the top of my lasagne. The whole tin is 4.5 syns & I only needed half a tin for the whole dish full. Not bad at all for 2 syns split between me & my Hubby it will only be 1 syn each. I never liked the syn free version of cheese/white sauce but this & the Colmans cheese sauce packets are a great alternative.

1.jpg 2.jpg

2 syns for the whole lasagne and my HEA of cheese on half of it.

3.jpg

Snack:
WW jaffa cake hot chocolate (2 syns)
4 Aldi jaffa cakes (8 syns)

Total syns today: 10.5

It is now nearly 11.30pm and I haven't done my 30 day shred so I am going to do it now before bed. Cant miss a day xxx

Hi, been following your diary with keen interest. Your recipes look amazing. Definitely got a few I am going to try. Can I ask if you also put cheese on your lasagne as well as the chosen sauce. It looks so yummy x

Pizza & Bacon Cheeseburger
(2.5 syns for the pepperoni). Tasted absolutely amazing.

I made it using 5% fat mince beef mixed with some chopped bacon bits, 1 beef oxo & abit of salt & pepper. Binded into a burger & grilled either side until cooked through. I added a slice of bacon with fat removed & fried onions & 1 slice of low fat cheese. I made the pizza using 1 Weight Watchers love fibre pitta bread cut in half this is the HEB & covered with tomato purée. Topped with 20g of low fat cheddar. This & the low fat cheese slice are the HEA. I added 12g of pepperoni slices (2.5 syns) & a sprinkle of oregano to really give it a pizza taste then grilled for a couple of minutes. Once ready stack your burger onto the pizza along with the bacon, cheese slice & onions & place a skewer through the middle.
It was so nice & tasted very naughty.

image-2512432778.jpg

Lotus Biscoff Swirls 5 syns each.
I saw a video of Nutella swirls earlier so thought I'd have a play with these & see how they turn out. They've come out lovely & I like how they've expanded. The smell of them cooking was simple amazing.

image-1114411890.jpg

Back