Hifi bars without going to club...?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Chicklet, 31 August 2009 Social URL.

1. Chicklet

Chicklet Full Member

Diet:
    SW
    Hi,

When I went to the SW club meets a few years ago I used to love the hifi bars. I have now just joined SW online, but I am going to miss those bars and have found they are for club goers only.

Does anyone know of anywhere I can buy these bars online at a reasonable price? Also, Scan Bran - something I have not plucked up the courage to try yet, but interested. I am surprised that the Slimming World site does not sell them! grrr! :sigh:

If I popped into my nearest club would they let me buy some? I am guessing no to that one...

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. malaika

malaika Lover of Extra Easy

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I don't know if you could just go and buy hi-fi bars from a SW class without being a member. I doubt it somehow. I'll ask my consultant at class this week.

The only other place that I am aware of that you can buy them is from e-bay but they are really expensive there - over four pounds a pack (inc postage)!

Scan Bran, I believe, can be bought from health shops.

4. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    You can buy Scan Bran online at this web site, it's where I get mine from, they are about 90p a pkt.... www.vit-shop.co.uk/

5. aliflower

aliflower Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.5%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Holland and Barratt sell scan bran think about £1.15 a packet.

6. Chicklet

Chicklet Full Member

Diet:
    SW
    Oh, thank you peeps! At least I can get the Scan Bran.

[STRIKE]I might put a suggestion in to SW online to sell hifi bars, that's the only thing it seems to lack![/STRIKE]

EDIT: Ah, I just read their FAQ - seems like it would cost too much so they don't bother.

Funny though - in place of the hifi bars they have added some branded cereal bars to the healthy extras list - cereal bars which my SW leader said were not allowed, lol!

Last edited: 31 August 2009
  7. jessabelle

jessabelle needs more willpower!

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.76%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i've seen hi-fi bars on ebay. never tried them though as i've neverb been a member but have a look on ebay x

8. Chicklet

Chicklet Full Member

Diet:
    SW
    Like malaika says they are extremely expensive on ebay, but I might be tempted to buy a pack for a special treat - maybe after I lose my first half stone! :rolleyes:

9. tfmd

tfmd Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.54%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - lapsed
    Scan bran are sold in Waitrose and they are about £1.20 a pack..Not sure about the Hi-Fi bars though

Hil
    xx

10. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    2 Alpen Light bars are just as tasty as a hi fi bar

Irene xx

11. woolyback

woolyback Member

Why don't slimming world do a range of products that are on sale to the everyone in supermarkets etc? WW do.

12. miss_emmajane

miss_emmajane Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I found some SW tuna in B&M Bargains the other day - was really nice too :) Maybe this is the start of them following in WW footsteps - we can hope!! x

13. Chicklet

Chicklet Full Member

Diet:
    SW
    Oh, I hope so! I haven't tried those Alpen bars yet but Choc and fudge sound yummy! ^^

14. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    The Light Alpen bars are really lovely, 2 for a HEXB or 3 syns each - they have cured me of raiding the biscuit tin......

15. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World

I would also try giving your nearest SW Consultant a call too. If you have joined on line (do you have any proof??)..perhaps if you explain the situation to a Consultant, she could suggest something too.

The Alpen light bars are lovely...2 = 1HeB and are cheaper altogether.

16. charlottegrace1

charlottegrace1 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    SW
    You could be cheeky and pop to a class and ask someone to get them for you. You never know lol.

17. Chicklet

Chicklet Full Member

Diet:
    SW
    Lol! ^^
    I suppose I could print off one of the e-mails and take it along with me. Can't see them refusing really, they would be making money out of it after all...!
    Will let you know what happens if I pluck up the courage! :cross:

18. Wacky Jacky

Wacky Jacky Size 10 in time for 2010!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st5lb(38.53%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good luck with the Hi-Fi bars & Scan Bran - my Consultant hardly ever gets any in for the class members to buy - I don't think SW limit them to their consultants but I think they have to pay for them up front and then they make their profits, like shop-keepers I suppose - I didn't realise you could only buy them group the class mind you!

I have bought the Scan Bran before in D&A and I like the Alpen Lights - they seem better value for money and syns to me somehow - anyways good luck'n'stuff!

19. Lucky7

Lucky7 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Alpen light are lovely - just make sure you get the light ones though - the boxes for the full fat ones look very similar! I like the ones with red fruit (raspberry? - can't remember) and white chocolate - yum!!

Just interested - if there's a class near you why are you doing it online? (I thought that was more expensive)

20. Chicklet

Chicklet Full Member

Diet:
    SW
    I just thought I would give it a go really.

I've joined two different SW classes before -

The first time was about 6/7 years ago. I went along with my Mom, found it really great and lost over a stone.

The second time was a couple of years ago, but I was going alone and found it really hard. I didn't find the classes as enjoyable as I had done the previous. I couldn't find anyone interested in joining me so I gave up after a couple of weeks.

It's only been a few days, but so far I have found it really good. It was £60 for 3 months to join. £5 a week. Although I think it does go up after that.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.