Hifi bars without going to club...?

Chicklet

Hi,

When I went to the SW club meets a few years ago I used to love the hifi bars. I have now just joined SW online, but I am going to miss those bars and have found they are for club goers only.

Does anyone know of anywhere I can buy these bars online at a reasonable price? Also, Scan Bran - something I have not plucked up the courage to try yet, but interested. I am surprised that the Slimming World site does not sell them! grrr! :sigh:

If I popped into my nearest club would they let me buy some? I am guessing no to that one...

I don't know if you could just go and buy hi-fi bars from a SW class without being a member. I doubt it somehow. I'll ask my consultant at class this week.

The only other place that I am aware of that you can buy them is from e-bay but they are really expensive there - over four pounds a pack (inc postage)!

Scan Bran, I believe, can be bought from health shops.

Holland and Barratt sell scan bran think about £1.15 a packet.

Oh, thank you peeps! At least I can get the Scan Bran.

[STRIKE]I might put a suggestion in to SW online to sell hifi bars, that's the only thing it seems to lack![/STRIKE]

EDIT: Ah, I just read their FAQ - seems like it would cost too much so they don't bother.

Funny though - in place of the hifi bars they have added some branded cereal bars to the healthy extras list - cereal bars which my SW leader said were not allowed, lol!

Last edited:
i've seen hi-fi bars on ebay. never tried them though as i've neverb been a member but have a look on ebay x

Like malaika says they are extremely expensive on ebay, but I might be tempted to buy a pack for a special treat - maybe after I lose my first half stone! :rolleyes:

Scan bran are sold in Waitrose and they are about £1.20 a pack..Not sure about the Hi-Fi bars though

Hil
xx

The Light Alpen bars are really lovely, 2 for a HEXB or 3 syns each - they have cured me of raiding the biscuit tin......

Hi,

When I went to the SW club meets a few years ago I used to love the hifi bars. I have now just joined SW online, but I am going to miss those bars and have found they are for club goers only.

Does anyone know of anywhere I can buy these bars online at a reasonable price? Also, Scan Bran - something I have not plucked up the courage to try yet, but interested. I am surprised that the Slimming World site does not sell them! grrr! :sigh:

If I popped into my nearest club would they let me buy some? I am guessing no to that one...

I would also try giving your nearest SW Consultant a call too. If you have joined on line (do you have any proof??)..perhaps if you explain the situation to a Consultant, she could suggest something too.

The Alpen light bars are lovely...2 = 1HeB and are cheaper altogether.

Lol! ^^
I suppose I could print off one of the e-mails and take it along with me. Can't see them refusing really, they would be making money out of it after all...!
Will let you know what happens if I pluck up the courage! :cross:

Good luck with the Hi-Fi bars & Scan Bran - my Consultant hardly ever gets any in for the class members to buy - I don't think SW limit them to their consultants but I think they have to pay for them up front and then they make their profits, like shop-keepers I suppose - I didn't realise you could only buy them group the class mind you!

I have bought the Scan Bran before in D&A and I like the Alpen Lights - they seem better value for money and syns to me somehow - anyways good luck'n'stuff!

Alpen light are lovely - just make sure you get the light ones though - the boxes for the full fat ones look very similar! I like the ones with red fruit (raspberry? - can't remember) and white chocolate - yum!!

Just interested - if there's a class near you why are you doing it online? (I thought that was more expensive)

Just interested - if there's a class near you why are you doing it online? (I thought that was more expensive)

I just thought I would give it a go really.

I've joined two different SW classes before -

The first time was about 6/7 years ago. I went along with my Mom, found it really great and lost over a stone.

The second time was a couple of years ago, but I was going alone and found it really hard. I didn't find the classes as enjoyable as I had done the previous. I couldn't find anyone interested in joining me so I gave up after a couple of weeks.

It's only been a few days, but so far I have found it really good. It was £60 for 3 months to join. £5 a week. Although I think it does go up after that.

Back