HIFI Bars

Maximus

Gold Member
Obviously they are high in fibre, but I have never tried these and am amazed at how people swarm on them at group!

Are they a worthwhile alternative HEX B? -

Can't help wondering if I'm missing out lol. needless to say I'm going to try them this week.

Edited just to add my HEX B's are normally Weetabix, crispbreads, extra virgin olive oil or wholemeal bread. No harm in trying something new.

Steve

Last edited:
Hey steve, they probably aren't the best choice of hex b as they're not that filling but I always buy them as they're SO yummy and they're such a treat. When I'm doing my meal plans I'm so excited when I see I'm not using my hex b for anything else and I can have one! (I'm such a loser!)

But they are really tasty anyway. I buy double now because my boyfriend eats them!

I always wonder though how they can be a hex b with all that chocolate and yummy stuff on? How are they not syns?

Yeah they are yummy! Choc orange are my favs! I save one of my HEXBs so I can have it as my eve sweet fix with a hot choc/brew! Go for it treat yourself! Ha ha

Silly question time, what is the consistency? - are they cake-like, biscuit-like etc.?

Are they truly high in fibre as like most people, more fibre is essential methinks.

Hifi are quite chewy like a cereal bar, I find alpine light bars better (more like a biscuit) and you can have two alpine lights as a HEXB - choc n fudge r fab and are normally £3 for two packs at asda :eek:). if you are after fibre I'd go for scan bran.

i have them in my bag and desk at work, so if i sleep-in (which happens regularly) i can grab one and some fruit when i get to work so i don't skip breakfast. i love the chocolate mint flavour - taste a bit like mint viscounts. they're nicer than alpen lights as the consistency is more substantial and chewy. they're like a dense cereal bar and quite sticky, so feels like a treat.

definately high in fibre... i'll say no more about that!

I really rather like HiFis, they are more expensive than cereal bars in the shops but I really enjoy them as a treat HexB, at weekends when I tend not to use my B choice for breakfast. :) Theyre great with a nice mug of coffee and a book, they do take proper chewing and doing turn to flaky mush like Alpen Lights...

Hi Steve,

Since being on SW (and giving up bread) I have become a cereal bar addict. I love them. In fact recently, I have started doing some green days in order to get 2 HexB's !! I tend to eat them for breakfast because I don't get up early enough to do anything else but also like them as a snack to tide me over if I am going to have a late meal.

I like Hifi bars - my favourites are chocolate and orange, lemon and mint. However I also really like Alpen lights (partly because you get 2 - I don't think they are quite as nice as Hifi's but the bonus of getting 2 is more than worth it) - particularly choc fudge and apple (it's got a nice cinnamon flavour). I have also tried weetabix oaty bars which are nice but you only get 1 so probably not as good as the Hifi's (but I can't really understand why because they are very similar to Alpen lights in content other than a slightly higher fat content but similar calorie content). I have ordered some Kellogs Fibre Plus bars in this weeks shopping so I should be able to tell you about those too soon !!!

Texture wise they are a bit chewy (particularly the Hifi's), not much like a cake or biscuit, probably more similar to a flapjack than anything (but a bit more chewy than that - you could bend one and it wouldn't snap as easily as a flapjack) and some people say to put them in the fridge but I'm not fussy !!!!

Let us know how you get on. Obviously as you can see from above, this is partly a matter of personal taste.

Gail x

P.S. And as for going for scan bran, I find it similar to eating cardboard (and I'm really NOT a fussy eater on the whole !!!!!) even with the most delicious cottage cheese on. I can't face using my precious HexB on that but I have a recipe for scanbran cake that i haven't tried which may be worth a go ??

Wow! thanks for all the replies and opinion.

Confession time here, I've never had ot even wanted to try cereal bars of any description. I haven't a sweet tooth you see. I've never tried Scan Bran either.

I do actually enjoy crispbread (Ryvita) but I am so curous about them - as I say so many people at group jump on them. I understand they are in packs of 3 so no great loss if I don't like them - they are an alternative though.

Looking at my loss to date and a general overview of what I'm doing and where I'm going, I feel I need to try new things and add more fibre (all bran or bran flakes next?) and especially more iron - much better than taken suplements or daily multi-vitamin pills. I take enough medication already lol.

Thanks again!

Steve

I haven't tried them, maybe get some this week for a wee change.

Had a panic reading the above, I assumed that oatibix were also 2 for a HE B just like alpen, whoops!!!!

Never tried them, most people gobble a few in class after weigh in.

i think they are lovely but probaly not the best if you dont have a sweet tooth :)

You see what I put my body through in the name of research?

Let's just say curiosity got the better of me. I'll report back on here with my "findings".

Meanwhile my emergency stash of 2-fingered KitKats are still around - I've had 2 in 12 weeks lol

the "mince pie" ones are delicious.. trouble is that I can't just have one..
If I buy a pack I give one to my mom and one to my dad at the meeting..
I only eat them at the meeting as I usually don't have food after lunch until after weigh in at 18:30..

I purchased the mint & chocolate ones and also the orange chocolate ones.

Not sure when I'll try them, but might be a good idea to take them on my daily walks!

Yum yum.

Hope you enjoy them (but if you don't, you know where to send them..........!)

Gail x

P.S. Congrats on your brilliant loss today AND getting under 13 stone. I'm so delighted for you ! :happy096::party0011:

Mince Pie ones are amazing and a great substitute for the real thing. Still can't beat Mint Madness though! I have one a day at work as my HEXB but don't have them
when I'm not working so I won't get sick of them.
Weekend HEXBs tend to be Bran Flakes or bread.
Long live the HiFi! X

Well, I tried one last night, and whilst not exactly earth-shattering, they were pleasant enough. Good for a non-chocaholic like me, especially the fibre content.

Ideal to top up your syns, or a change from crisps or as an eat anywhere snack, not having to count or weigh etc.

Back