High Fructose Corn Syrup (HCFS)

I have read many disturbing things about HFCS, and was quite relieved that it was an unusual ingredient in UK foods, until I discovered that it is called glucose fructose in the UK, and is added to biscuits. I will have to do some more research as the internet is not always right.

whilst it's not practical to make everything from scratch, it's work looking at the ingredients label and checking the product is actually made from food :D
and the ingredients that you'd expect.

my son asked for a fancy looking pudding at the supermarket. I showed him the paragraph on fake ingredients for each of the 3 layers and put it back not the shelf.
whilst my kids are all slim, I still think it's best if 'treats' are actually made from cream, sugar, choc etc rather than fake food.

I'm so glad that I'm back in Europe as there were still too many foods with HFCS in the states. Hopefully all companies will be forced to make foods with less chemicials and artifical ingredients as possible. Sadly, a lot of people still don't read labels, or even care what's in their food. My brother was very annoyed shopping with me when I was back home, as I had to read everything on the labels. I got his kids to start using soy milk and almond milk instead of only cow milk, so I was really proud of myself for that small feat.

Back