high protein shakes!

Discussion in 'Low Carb Diets' started by celtic***erin, 31 March 2009 Social URL.

1. celtic***erin

celtic***erin Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi Guys,
    Currently doing Lipotrim and doing very well. I just wanted to ask though, Does anybody know of any good protein shakes on the market that will still keep me in ketosis? My husband thinks £36 a week on my lipotrim is very expensive! I really don't want to come out of ketosis & would like to stick to a total food replacement diet if I can, but could do with being able to buy it in say holland & barret or Boots! xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

Not as a total food replacement really as you can't guarantee you'll be getting all your body's requirements.

But, Holland and Barratt do sell protein shake mixes in big tubs that are suitable for low carb - have a look here:

Holland and Barrett - Products in the category - Protein Products

Tesco have low carb ready-made shakes too which I use if I'm eating on the run.

4. celtic***erin

celtic***erin Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Thanks karenlou, So the tesco low carb shakes would keep me in ketosis then? If I just bought some whey protein, would I have to take a vitamin pill too?
    Thanks again. xxx

5. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

Yes, the lc shakes from tesco would keep you in ketosis and so would the H and B stuff too. I'd recommend you took a good multivitamin with minerals regardless of which option you took and a small low carb evening meal wouldn't go amiss - I lose weight very well when I do that.

Good luck x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.